I think I'm addicted...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VertigoGal

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
(no not to yer "blue crack")

I really think I'm addicted to U2. No shit. The problem with them is that they have so many albums, and *styles*, that I never get bored with them. I just went through a huge phase with Zooropa (it was Boy before that), and then today I listened almost completely through the Joshua Tree on the way home from school and fell in love. I just remembered how much I love Mofo, and now I have to go listen to Pop. Right after I listen to my Rattle and Hum versions of Bad, SBS, and Running to Stand Still that I got off the Music on the Internet section. Which, by the way, is the true cause of my problems. I've downloaded some bootlegs from the good peeps there, and love them all. Can't stop listening to them. So many different versions, of so many songs, I always have something new to listen to, and never get bored.

I only got into them about a year ago (so maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase). Before that, I listened to crap if anything. So now I'm trying to get into all sorts of other good rock bands. But I love U2 so much right now that nothing else sounds nearly as good. I know I'm gonna get a lot of shit for saying that, but it's how I feel! I need to get off them, I swear. Probably 85% of what I listen to is U2, the other 15% every other band in the world. The only bands that it doesn't feel like a chore to get into are The Killers and Van Morrison. I'm not bragging. :ohmy:

Is this normal? Can I be forgiven for my blind obsession since I'm young and just recently got into them? Does anyone else feel like this? Do I need to go to bed?

Hey I think lots of people feel the same way you do here young and old....I got into U2 at about the age of 13 and I am still into them at 27 probably more then even back then....Cant seem to get enough they are like my Miracle Drug.

Yeah, I should really be in bed too! :wink: Anyway, I totally hear you. That's what's great about this band. It prompts so much discussion and heated arguments on this site. In fact a little while back, I played the 1978 Street Mission video to my roommate and asked if he could guess the band. Then I played the Europe Music Awards Mofo performance. What a difference! :ohmy:

I too am addicted. Really I have a hard time coming up with any other band(s) that I listen to regularly. :reject:

lauren430 said:
I too am addicted. Really I have a hard time coming up with any other band(s) that I listen to regularly. :reject:

Other bands? :huh:

Oooh, those! Yeah, I think I remember those ...!

Depeche Mode is awesome and very underrated in the US I think. But we'll save it for the bang and the clatter. :wink:

bathiu said:
well... I know only 3 'other" bands... Depeche Mode, Muse and The Music...

Wow. Someone besides me has heard of The Music? Amazing!

I was listening to almost everything, from Spice Girls to Gigi D'Agostino, or whatever and all of that was before djerdap gave me u2:drool:

Happy to see some other addicts!!
But, don't become a really crazy fanatic,please.

Oh, don't bother having any illusions about still being in the honeymoon phase, VertigoGal...it will only get worse and worse...and then some more worse (lol).

I got into U2 at the age of 10-12 and am now 31 and still drooling over this music.
I totally hear you on the phases of listening obessively to one particular album and then moving on to the next.

I get so anxious loading a certain song I've been dying to hear like a drug addict gets anxious while he preps his stuff, it's bordering on ridiculous really. Like yesterday with the whole Heartland-episode. My flatmate gave me this look : :eyebrow:

OH and the R&H version of BAD is pure bliss to me!

:drool:

Pero said:
I was listening to almost everything, from Spice Girls to Gigi D'Agostino, or whatever and all of that was before djerdap gave me u2:drool:

LOL Gigi D'agostino! Too funny! "un, deux, trois, pa-ra-ri comme ci comme çà" (why the H do I know this song????:huh: )

My U2 addiction is 13 years strong...and shows no signs of abating. So don't worry. You're most definitely not alone. :)

Its nice to know that i am not the only one. I thought i was going crazy. I dont know how many times ive listened to AB in the past 2 days or Ultraviolet for that matter. ( damn that song rocks.)

20+ addict, but never a fanatic. I've lost touch with "other" music, and gladly so, as I'm occasionally forced to hear the radio when my wife is driving. Can't keep taking my laptop and headphones everywhere...breaking down...counting change...must get the complete U2 I-pod...

i'm into lots of different indie and rock bands at the moment 'cos i think the music scene is great at the moment. so many good bands about but............i just have to keep going back to U2! they're just the best! and yes i am an addict as well lol

hehe, good to see I'm not alone!

thing is, I'm trying to get into new bands like 1stepcloser, because I know there *are* other great new bands out there, and I *do* want to get into them. right now I just can't seem to.:huh:

oh well, if I have to be addicted to something...:drool:

Like a drug, my insane need to spend money and travel to see them soon. Yes: it's a fix that leaves you wanting more . .
Addicted since 1983, but between my Zooropic experience in 1992 and getting left behind until 2001, I had other passionate hobbies of ridiculous love.
My fix for the last album got killed by the post-9-11 cheese and Super Bowl sleaze, but the Atomic Bomb was a rather hefty and dreamy dose for me and I'm back.
Songs like "Bad" and "Streets" and "one tree hill" and even "Elvis Presley" have been hymns in my private religion for some time now.
I cry to many of the tracks, like when I played "Original of the Species" for my eleven-year old daughter and told her that the song always makes me think of her (and makes me feel connected to fellow Daddies Bono and Edge).

I am there with you. My 5 yr and 9 yr old know lyrics from Out of Control to Yahweh. It is ALL I have listened to since about 1985. :) I love my boys!

cry to many of the tracks,

Same here, thought I was the only crazy one. I thought I was emotionally challenged.:sad:

Last edited:
VertigoGal said:
(no not to yer "blue crack")

I really think I'm addicted to U2. No shit. The problem with them is that they have so many albums, and *styles*, that I never get bored with them. I just went through a huge phase with Zooropa (it was Boy before that), and then today I listened almost completely through the Joshua Tree on the way home from school and fell in love. I just remembered how much I love Mofo, and now I have to go listen to Pop. Right after I listen to my Rattle and Hum versions of Bad, SBS, and Running to Stand Still that I got off the Music on the Internet section. Which, by the way, is the true cause of my problems. I've downloaded some bootlegs from the good peeps there, and love them all. Can't stop listening to them. So many different versions, of so many songs, I always have something new to listen to, and never get bored.

I only got into them about a year ago (so maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase). Before that, I listened to crap if anything. So now I'm trying to get into all sorts of other good rock bands. But I love U2 so much right now that nothing else sounds nearly as good. I know I'm gonna get a lot of shit for saying that, but it's how I feel! I need to get off them, I swear. Probably 85% of what I listen to is U2, the other 15% every other band in the world. The only bands that it doesn't feel like a chore to get into are The Killers and Van Morrison. I'm not bragging. :ohmy:

Is this normal? Can I be forgiven for my blind obsession since I'm young and just recently got into them? Does anyone else feel like this? Do I need to go to bed?

I am absolutely the same way.... My current obsession is ATYCLB...:drool:

They're songs really do have mysterious powers...the other day I was listening to a live version of In a Little While, and started singing along at the "that girl, that girl, she's mine" part, *without even meaning to, or noticing.* The same thing happened tonight during Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. I started singing along at "Hallelujah, heaven's white rose" completely involuntarily. It was just there.

This is my thread to :drool: and :bow: in, so no one's allowed to tell me to get a life or find another band, kay?:wink:

My only problem is that I'm overdosing on the stuff..

Before the internet, it was SO hard to get hold of U2 recordings.

Now it's just so easy to get hundreds of concerts, rare & unreleased, remixes etc etc etc.. I just don't know where to start.

In the last six months alone, my collection has expanded dramatically. (not that its a bad thing of course)

Back
Top Bottom