I sung two U2 songs tonight at Karaoke!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Well everyone I just thought that I would all let you know this, I have just gotten in from going out to a Mexican restaurant for a friend's going away party and anyway there was karaoke happening in the restaurant and most people were getting pretty drunk, myself included on too many margaritas so anyway whilst flicking through the song book I noticed a few U2 songs and after singing 'You can call me Al' by Paul Simon with my friend I decided to sing I still havn't found what I am looking for, and let me tell you all that all the people in the restaurant were very impressed with my selection and one guy was like- 'more U2' so this guy and I later on sang Sunday bloody Sunday- so there you go, but let me tell you all that U2 songs are very hard to sing, and oh yeah the guy that I sang SBS with was very keen on singing Stuck, but the guy didnt have it on the list, so anyway here is a list of all the songs that myself and my friends sang, now remember heaps of alcohol was involved in some of these selections- aint Karaoke fun???
smile.gif
and btw my friend is leaving to go to Japan for six months, and Japan is apparently the home of Karaoke so we were all making sure she go in some good practice.........

You can call me Al
Thats what friends are for
Big yellow taxi
Like a virgin
Let it be
I still havnt found what I am looking for
Sunday bloody sunday
biggrin.gif

YAY! I sang U2 in karaoke once on a cruise ship... come to think of it, there wasn't much alcohol involved... atleast you had an excuse for your behavior!!
biggrin.gif

I sang Mysterious Ways--I think I even have a picture of me singing to it, oh it looks so strange
biggrin.gif

Maybe I'll share it... eventually!!
smile.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

The bar I do karaoke at lets people bring their own cds in. It kicks ass!

I've done:

North and South(Omagh)
Mysterious Ways(zootv)
Stuck In a Moment
Bad(R & H)

Was there something in the air last night Aurora? I had the most wonderfully musical night too. It's very rare my husband doesn't work on a Friday and Saturday night(rock n roll widowhood as I sometimes call it)he didn't have a gig last night so we grabbed the opportunity and went to see our young friends band at the pub. On the drive home I was talking about the singers I love (as you do). Turned on the car radio, RAGE FM simulcast was on, Bowie/Freddy singing Under Pressure, followed by U2 A Sort of Homecoming, then INXS Never Tear Us Apart.Aural heaven. It was a clear beautiful starry night, Orion low on the eastern horizon. I was like slow down driver so I can keep enjoying this. Then I remembered "simulcast" the clips were on TV!!! I was like speed up driver, get me home, pronto.lol
Glad you were out and about, having fun too.

I also got an old copy of Video Aid for $1 yesterday and my youngest won his first soccer semi final, my eldest didn't, but gets a second chance next week.All good fun.GO THE BEARS! GO MUSIC!!
Did you drink lots of water before you retired Aurora? That truly is the secret IMHO.

I'm a kareoke freak!!! So fun. I'm proud to say that the last time I did it, I was sober! Woo-hoo!

Sang cheap trick's I want you to want me, and mysterious ways!
biggrin.gif

------------------
BOOM-CHA

Last night was gorgeous Cass- and how cool was Rage last night- I got home and put on the telly and listened to the sweet sounds of Grandmaster Flash!!!- just love that mid 80s sound, and no I didnt drink any water and I had to work today too, so am feeling a bit seedy
tongue.gif

I had a great music night Saturday night as well! I was down at Perisher, drunk as all hell, and they had a really great band playing, just acoustic covers, but really really really good.
Anyway, they did a medley type thing of an acoustic Pearl Jam's Better Man straight into Stuck.. Obviously I was the drunk singing along loudly dick, but so was most of the bar.

Heres a list of songs I kave song at karaoke! theres a pub in town every tues and thurs nites are karaoke nights!

One
Stuck in...
Hold me,Thrill me...
Beautiful Day
Still Have'nt Found
Sweetest Thing
Elevation

The only other u2 song he has on his books is When Love Comes To Town but need someone to do BB King's deep bits! Although he does have a voice tweaker that can make peoples voices squeaky or deep! Would love to do With Or Without You and Streets!

I found that One and Stuck go down very well!

Back
Top Bottom