"I still haven't found--how to be humble!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanner_sis

War Child
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7xUJkaTL1U

The Chaser, May 16, 2007...
present their Parody version of a Bono/U2 song...
"I still haven't found--how to be humble!"
I met Bush and the Pope,
I've even been on Enough Rope...
with Andrew Denton!
Still in those Sunglasses...
But I still can't accept What A Knob I Am!!"

:lmao:

lmao..maybe I shoulda put a warning on it then..pff ..easy..dont be such a hardass..its called humor..:wink:

Eazy-V said:
It's been posted before, it's not that funny, one of the worst skits by The Chaser tbh.

Exxagerations can be funny. That's all it is.

I enjoyed the portrayal of the rest of the band more than anything, and their expressions at Bono.

:eyebrow: cant believe i wasted my time on that, The chaser " i still havent found how to be funny "

phillyfan26 said:

Exxagerations can be funny. That's all it is.

I enjoyed the portrayal of the rest of the band more than anything, and their expressions at Bono.
It just went for far too long, I think. That's easily some of The Chaser's worst works. Search "The Chaser" on YouTube and see what comes up... this pales in comparison.

neilm said:
Trust me, 99% of Australian comedy is utter crap. My mate has a family photo album funnier than most Australian comedians can be...
You've not been looking very hard then, have you... search YouTube for Shaun Micallef then and tell me that.

The Castle really only accounts for a small percentage of Australian comedy, though. Let's face it - stuff like Comedy Inc., Skithouse, Rove - it's all unfunny shit. And I've never seen a decent Aussie stand-up comedian.

I'm not saying we're all destined to be comedic geniuses - I know some truly funny Australians, but none of them are famous.

We're never going to be as good as the Brits or Yanks though, even if the best comedian in the world came out of Australia, it'd still only be one person.

Now, the Spitting Image thing is brilliant (and wonderfully grotesque, as expected).

I'm not sure why Australia isn't better at comedy.

Answer me these questions:

Why/how the fuck do people like Will Anderson and Dave Hughes keep getting jobs?

Why/how the fuck can so many Australian comedy shows not put in the effort in one week that so many US comedy shows put in on a daily basis? Look at the amazingly unfunny Rove and compare it to any of his US 'Tonight Show' counterparts (Leno, Conan, Letterman), or The Glasshouse and/or the new absolutely attrocious The Nation, and compare them to The Daily Show or the Colbert Report.

There's good stuff: Micaleff (who starts a new show on SBS soon), The Chaser and The Panel crew all do a great job of hitting their targets perfectly. But then there's some of the stuff mentioned above. Attrocious.

Earnie Shavers said:
I'm not sure why Australia isn't better at comedy.

Answer me these questions:

Why/how the fuck do people like Will Anderson and Dave Hughes keep getting jobs?

Why/how the fuck can so many Australian comedy shows not put in the effort in one week that so many US comedy shows put in on a daily basis? Look at the amazingly unfunny Rove and compare it to any of his US 'Tonight Show' counterparts (Leno, Conan, Letterman), or The Glasshouse and/or the new absolutely attrocious The Nation, and compare them to The Daily Show or the Colbert Report.

There's good stuff: Micaleff (who starts a new show on SBS soon), The Chaser and The Panel crew all do a great job of hitting their targets perfectly. But then there's some of the stuff mentioned above. Attrocious.
Rove's entire crew (including Dave Hughes) should be shot. The Glass House and Wil Anderson isn't great, but isn't too bad either.

The outstanding stuff is your Micallefs, your Bob Franklins, Chasers, Jimoein, Carl Barron, etc.

I have to disagree very strongly.

I saw Lano and Woodley recently, and absolutely wet myself laughing so hard. Wil Anderson, Dave Hguhes and all the rest are funny as well.

Although I'll agree I've never found Rove all that funny.

But, the bar-mitzvah... !

I saw Lano and Woodley recently, and absolutely wet myself laughing so hard.

I've seen Lano and Woodley live at least a couple of times, and while they recycled maybe a little too much material, they were indeed very good. Sort of forgot about them.

The Sad Punk said:
But, the bar-mitzvah... !

I've seen Lano and Woodley live at least a couple of times, and while they recycled maybe a little too much material, they were indeed very good. Sort of forgot about them.

they did recycle a fair bit actually.

Weren't you just distraught on Friday night? I mean, the Bombers man! :lol:

It was that damn Morton kid! He hogged the ball too much! And the umpires, the wankers! I'm not in denial or anything, serious!

:sad:

:wink:

Let's keep it to the footty thread.

Back
Top Bottom