I sang "Electrical Storm" at karaoke last night and....... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-30-2002, 01:36 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,951
Local Time: 07:33 AM
I sang "Electrical Storm" at karaoke last night and.......

It got a very good response from the crowd!

I'm not sure if it was because they thought the song was good, or if it was because I looked really good in my black, button down shirt.

But I think the crowd full of "Non-U2 Fans" really dug the song.

This may be a huge hit folks!
__________________

mikal is offline  
Old 08-30-2002, 01:46 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Basstrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 10,726
Local Time: 11:03 AM
odd
__________________

Basstrap is offline  
Old 08-30-2002, 01:49 PM   #3
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator
 
Bonochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Posts: 40,820
Local Time: 09:33 AM
Re: I sang "Electrical Storm" at karaoke last night and.......

Quote:
Originally posted by mikal
I'm not sure if it was because they thought the song was good, or if it was because I looked really good in my black, button down shirt.
It must be the song, dear.
__________________
"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline  
Old 08-30-2002, 01:50 PM   #4
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator
 
Bonochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Posts: 40,820
Local Time: 09:33 AM

Oh...while I have your attention, mikal...

I was at Journeys like less than 3 weeks ago...where the hell were you?!??!?!
__________________
"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline  
Old 08-30-2002, 01:52 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,951
Local Time: 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
Oh...while I have your attention, mikal...

I was at Journeys like less than 3 weeks ago...where the hell were you?!??!?!
You were??????

Damn! I haven't been working much lately because I've been teaching tennis 8 hours a day.
mikal is offline  
Old 08-30-2002, 01:53 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Hallelujah Here She Comes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 3,528
Local Time: 08:33 AM
That's awesome! Man, I would have LOVED to have seen that. I myself never have been able to work up the nerve to do karaoke.

Good to know people were digging the new song.

And I'm sure you looked very nice in your black button down shirt.
Hallelujah Here She Comes is offline  
Old 08-30-2002, 01:58 PM   #7
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator
 
Bonochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Posts: 40,820
Local Time: 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal


You were??????

YES!

I was at Bay Park, and I saw Lissa at Payless, and she said, "Mike works at Journeys...go see if he's around!" So I got all excited and went over to Journeys, and you weren't there.

Wanker...
__________________
"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline  
Old 08-30-2002, 02:00 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
ouizy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: s p o r a t i c
Posts: 3,790
Local Time: 09:33 AM
which version

(heh heh heh)
ouizy is offline  
Old 08-30-2002, 02:01 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,951
Local Time: 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick


YES!

I was at Bay Park, and I saw Lissa at Payless, and she said, "Mike works at Journeys...go see if he's around!" So I got all excited and went over to Journeys, and you weren't there.

Wanker...
DOH! What day was it?


One funny thing about last night, there was some crazy U2 fan there that doesn't have internet access, so she didn't know that there was a new single.

Let's just say she went a little "bonkers" after she heard the song.
mikal is offline  
Old 08-30-2002, 02:07 PM   #10
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator
 
Bonochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Posts: 40,820
Local Time: 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal
[B]

DOH! What day was it?
Saturday the 17th...sometime between 1 and 3 in the afternoon, I believe.
__________________
"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline  
Old 08-30-2002, 02:11 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 21,090
Local Time: 02:33 PM
I may be way off, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by mikal


DOH! What day was it?


One funny thing about last night, there was some crazy U2 fan there that doesn't have internet access, so she didn't know that there was a new single.

Let's just say she went a little "bonkers" after she heard the song.
Hmmm..."bonkers" having anything to do with "having a bonk" reference?

I didn't know that the bars in US are this fast with getting new karaoke songs. Wow.
U2girl is offline  
Old 08-30-2002, 02:16 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,951
Local Time: 07:33 AM
Re: I may be way off, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl


Hmmm..."bonkers" having anything to do with "having a bonk" reference?

I didn't know that the bars in US are this fast with getting new karaoke songs. Wow.
Oh! Actually I just brought my burned CD in and sang over Bono. So I had a somewhat decent singer backing me up in case I had forgotten the lyrics.
mikal is offline  
Old 08-30-2002, 02:46 PM   #13
Acrobat
 
* MoFo *'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 373
Local Time: 02:33 PM
Re: Re: I may be way off, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by mikal
I had a somewhat decent singer backing me up in case I had forgotten the lyrics.
thank god u werent singin along to their live version of People Get Ready
* MoFo * is offline  
Old 08-30-2002, 03:18 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,951
Local Time: 07:33 AM
Re: Re: Re: I may be way off, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by * MoFo *


thank god u werent singin along to their live version of People Get Ready
LOL!
mikal is offline  
Old 08-30-2002, 04:23 PM   #15
Refugee
 
follower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Porto Alegre/Brasil
Posts: 2,302
Local Time: 10:33 AM
Cool story mikal

I usually sing E-Storm here at work, past 6 pm, when the audience is smaller
follower is offline  
Old 08-30-2002, 11:43 PM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 08:33 AM
Cool!

Hey, when you're a big rock star you'll remember us little people who you met along the way, right?
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 08-31-2002, 09:23 AM   #17
Refugee
 
what a bomb!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Winchester, England
Posts: 1,101
Local Time: 01:33 PM
I can't wait for our karaoke DJ to get E-Storm! I know it off by heart already! lol When I was at karaoke on Thursday night I had two complete strangers asking me to do With Or Without You again as they heard me do it before and said I do it brilliantly! lol I think I'm a crap singer but everytime i sing a U2 song I get compliments or my hand shaken by strangers, so I must be doing something right! lol
what a bomb! is offline  
Old 08-31-2002, 03:48 PM   #18
Refugee
 
Joshua_Tree_Hugger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Galway, Ireland
Posts: 1,164
Local Time: 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by what a bomb!
I can't wait for our karaoke DJ to get E-Storm! I know it off by heart already! lol When I was at karaoke on Thursday night I had two complete strangers asking me to do With Or Without You again as they heard me do it before and said I do it brilliantly! lol I think I'm a crap singer but everytime i sing a U2 song I get compliments or my hand shaken by strangers, so I must be doing something right! lol
I'd love to sing U2 but I doubt I'd have the confidence!
__________________

Joshua_Tree_Hugger is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×