I really dislike All Because Of You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love ABOY. IT will be a great single. That guitar riff for the intro is amazing. I'll agree, the "aaaaaaalllll" part is a little weird. But, all in all, a great song that deserves to be a single.

shart1780 said:
I think it's pretty good just beause of the second half of the song. I don't think the first half is very good.

I agree, it starts to ´rock´ when Bono is singing: I´m alive etc...
Pure rock ´n roll and one of the highlights of the album

Headache in a Suitcase said:
everyone wanted a "rocking" album, and now they get an album that is far from "rocking," yet they hate the most "rocking" song on the album... :shrug: i don't get it.

i love all because of you... it's my favorite song on the album... the live version they did on the BBC is great. it's catchy... it's fast... it's got great guitars... had a nice roger daltrey like primortal scream in it... it would make a GREAT single.

:up:

i think it's pretty cool song overall, except for the retarded line about "intellectual tortoise racing with yet train." anyone else notice that line? seems kinda forced to me, like he was looking in dictionary for a word that rhymed with choice.

stargift said:
i don't hate it, but it sounds just like 1000 other rock songs. same old beat and sound. i don't care for the singing much either. it seems like bono is having a hard time matching the words to the beat. the lyrics are just so- so. i have friends that love it. being older then some of them may have ruined it for me because over the years i've just heard to much just like it. i don't think u2 really needs to go back to the garage to capture vitality. i have two brothers that are both drummers and they can't get enough of the song. isn't this the one larry really likes?

I agree completely.

I was born a child of grace
Nothing else about the place

Enough said.

Or maybe not as there's also

AN INTELLECTUAL TORTOISE...

now enough said.

Last edited:
Thanksandy said:
I really don't like Bonbo's vocal parts on this song. I am not criticising the power or strength of his voice, jsut the style of singing, the way he sings the chorus parts make me cringe each time. I played it to some of my friends who like U2 and they agree.

Musically it's sounds good and the end of the song is good, sounds like something from Rattle and Hum era, but I really don't understand why they keep playing this song live and why people have suggested this could be a single, no way!

Possible singles would be Miracle Drug, SYCMIOYN, OFTS, COBL and possibly Yahweh.

Another song nobody else has mentioned is One Step Closer, i think this is superb. It has that Joshua Tree sound to it and with the calm vocals, reminiscent of The First Time, it's become one of my favourites and would be interestign live.

Are you on drugs??????? ABOY is one of the best songs! it rocks very well and sounds like desire in some ways??? its one of my favorite of the albums and is my favorite song of the rock songs of the album.

the ones i include rock songs are those that are heavier and they include:

Vertigo,
LPOE
ABOY
FC

and aboy is my favorite

When i first heard the album version of ABOY i didn't really like much either, i liked the live version i heard on TOTP's better.
But now i have grown to like it actually and its one of my favs..so give it a few more listens it could grow on you, thats what happened to me.
:dance:

Back
Top Bottom