I need some serious advise - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2001, 12:44 PM   #1
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:31 PM
I need some serious advise

Last night I went out to the bar and did some drinking. The night ended with me getting pissed off for no reason. I was breaking stuff yelling and hitting things. I don't drink very often but when I do shit like this happens. I'm also not like this at all when I'm sober. I realy want to stop this and I need some advise on what to do. Should I seek help from a professional? Should I just quit drinking period? What do I do?

Old 11-25-2001, 12:46 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

First quit drinking and then try to find out what you're angry about.

Old 11-25-2001, 12:47 PM   #3
War Child

Local Time: 10:31 PM
Visit your family so you remember with every drink you take you have a chance of putting them through a great deal of pain.
Old 11-25-2001, 12:57 PM   #4
New Yorker

I think that I one of the problems I don't know what I'm angry about. I have a life that I never could have drempt would be so good.

Thanx for writing back. it is making me feel better knowing you guys are listening.
Old 11-25-2001, 01:07 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by gherman:
I don't drink very often but when I do shit like this happens. I'm also not like this at all when I'm sober.
Listen to what baker said. Speaking from personal experience, I know about the PAIN that is caused to other people.

You are to be commended for your openness and honesty in recognizing your behavior. From my observations, it can quickly escalate into a downward spiral. Some people behave like this for years and refuse to acknowledge it. You obviously don't like what you did. My advice is to quit.

Old 11-25-2001, 01:19 PM   #6
War Child

Very good advice from Baker and Dr Teeth..

Professional help is definetly in order if this happens again..

Best thing is that you know this is a problem and you are not in denial..

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 11-25-2001, 01:22 PM   #7
New Yorker

Location: mainly in my fantasy land.....ooooo how I wish it were reality
Local Time: 04:31 PM
I have to agree with Baker and Gina Marie. Well and Dr. too. I mean I think its really good that you want to find out why you act that way or what you could possibly be angry about, but in the same sense maybe dont drink that much. Does it happen even with just one drink or is it only when you've gotten drunk like 2 times now? If it's when you've gotten drunk a few times then just know when you should stop and do so, but if its whenever you drink and you can do without drinking...then stop altogether.

Good luck and let us know how you are.
Old 11-25-2001, 01:38 PM   #8
Refugee

Local Time: 07:31 PM
Well gherman, you got some serious and good advise on the previous posts. For some people, drinking too much or just drinking is always a nightmare for the ones who love them, believe me. From personal experience, the most important thing already hapenned to you, you realised that you might be harmed and that you might harm other people. It's really hard when one doesn't admit that.

------------------
Brasil is the country of the future. And it will always be...
Old 11-25-2001, 02:45 PM   #9
Babyface

#1 stop drinking.
#2 be glad you weren't being a jerk around me when you were drunk.

------------------
i'm a rat bastard so watch out!
Old 11-25-2001, 07:29 PM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by gherman:
Last night I went out to the bar and did some drinking. The night ended with me getting pissed off for no reason. I was breaking stuff yelling and hitting things. I don't drink very often but when I do shit like this happens. I'm also not like this at all when I'm sober. I realy want to stop this and I need some advise on what to do. Should I seek help from a professional? Should I just quit drinking period? What do I do?
Sounds to me like you don't have a "problem" persay, what you have is a punk rock temperament. If you begin listening to punk music now, it wouldn't be an issue, it would just be a good saturday night. I mean not to necessarily downplay this if you feel really traumatised, but there is something satifying about a good drunken fight.
Think Dropkick Murpheys:
Face down in the gutter wont admit defeat though his close are soiled and black....
Live the dream man, drink the whiskey and punch your closest friends. Real friend's come back after you head butt them in the nose, ask Bono.
Punks,not dead, it's just passed out in the bathroom.

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html
Old 11-26-2001, 01:22 AM   #11
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by DrTeeth:
First quit drinking and then try to find out what you're angry about.
Couldn't have said it better myself

------------------
boom cha, boom cha.................discotheque!
Old 11-26-2001, 06:45 AM   #12
Jesus Online

Local Time: 09:31 AM
All good advice, just dont knock youself out trying to find a problem if there isnt one. Folks say alcohol lowers your inhibitions and brings out what you would normally hold back. Which is true of me, Im sweet as pie when drunk. Go figure! But anyway. Perhaps you just have anger management problems. Not something specific. And well done on firstly asking for help, and then being brave enough to admit you do silly things sometimes. We all do right?