I need HARD ROCK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I'm looking at my downloads for the past little while, and it's all this girly sweet music. I need to broaden my horizons. I need some suggestions for ROCK songs to listen to...I don't know that much about rock music...I hear it, like it, but never bother buying CDS, liking groups, etc...

SO, help me! What songs do I need??

------------------
*Have you come here for forgiveness? Have you come to raise the dead? Have you come here to play Jesus to the lepers in your head?*

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 01-29-2002).]

MUD- Tiger Feet, its feckin great!
biggrin.gif
(this is not hard rock=but its amazing
smile.gif
)

Social Distortion- Don't drag me down
smile.gif

Dragon Ash-Rainy Day and Day

Smashing Pumpkins-Bullet with butterfly wings-excellent tune

Hole-Celebrity Skin

Meatloaf and Cher-Dead ringer for love

sorry going through my music song list-i dunno if u'll like them but i like them
biggrin.gif

I saw Social D at the 9:30 club in DC in November. They were so good. I have liked them for so long, it was the first time I saw them live.

Sweetest Thing if you are interested in Social D, pick up Live at the Roxy, good place to start.

Try `Big Black`. Old school punkrock with drummachine or Drive like jehu ( whatever happend to them ). It will wake you up.

Read you, Rono.

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

A few songs you may want to d/l:

Stinkfist
Eulogy
46-2
Aenima
Schism
Ticks & Leeches
Lateralus
Parabola

Of course, you can just go out and buy their albums. I highly recommend Aenima and Lateralus.

You need every Led Zeppelin album, particularly II, III, IV (why did such a great and creative band not give names to their first FOUR albums??), Physical Graffitti, and Presence. Actually, Presence is not one of my favourites, but it's essential hard rock. I don't really consider Zeppelin to be metal, though I guess they had some influence, but hard rock they certainly are.

I also like Queensryche--I saw them live several years ago and it was a great show. Get Operation Mindcrime, Empire, and Promised Land (though I actually only have the first of those, keep meaning to get the others.) They're known as "the thinking person's metal band."

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

A few songs you may want to d/l:

Stinkfist
Eulogy
46-2
Aenima
Schism
Ticks & Leeches
Lateralus
Parabola

Of course, you can just go out and buy their albums. I highly recommend Aenima and Lateralus.

The Tea Party:
Sister Awake (amazing)
Temptation
The Bazaar
Angels
Fire in the Head
Heaven Coming Down (sounds U2ish.. not their hardest rocking, but still very cool)

------------------
And I felt like a star...

Thanks guys! This is awesome! Downloading now (unfortunately, connection at school is soooo slow, it could be a long time b4 anything is done)

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Anything by Nine Inch Nails. It's all great stuff.

I have "Closer"...it scares me a little...
smile.gif

Someone once suggested Metallica, or Ac/Dc, or Midnight Oil, but I don't know which songs...

As for AC/DC, I would highly recommend these songs:

Overdose (Let there be rock)

Soul Stripper (74 Jailbreak)

Can't Stand Still (Stiff Upper Lip -- probably the best AC/DC/Brian Johnson song in twenty plus years...just a great tune)

Good rock?

3 Sides To Every Story-Extreme, is one of the best rock CDs of all time.

Also,

The Last Temptation Of Alice Cooper

and

Dragontown - Alice Cooper

Muse - New Born/Feeling Good
Nirvana?
Radiohead - My Iron Lung, Paranoid Android, The Bends, Airbag, Bones

------------------
Watch More TV, ITs your world you can change it, taste is the enemy of art, Every thing you know if wrong, mock the devil, and he will flee from thee
www.geocities.com/nshaikspike/evil.html

Download as many Fugazi songs as you can.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Operation Ivy is another good one for some old school punk rock.

I live in belfast- they think i made up SD *some peopple are idiots

I saw some some posters for some crazy looking bands in Belfast this summer, but no SD.....thats messed up.

Back
Top Bottom