I need a u2 senior quote.......help me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkdominatr

Refugee
Hey everyone. going to be a high school senior. everyone chooses a quote for he yearbook. most pick one from their fav. band. help me out 1- 2 lines 3 at most. lyrics or band quotes. what would be good?

mkdominatr said:
Hey everyone. going to be a high school senior. everyone chooses a quote for he yearbook. most pick one from their fav. band. help me out 1- 2 lines 3 at most. lyrics or band quotes. what would be good?

same!!!!!! i'll be a HS senior in need of a quote too. hope you don't mind me riding along with this thread for my own benefit too.

yeah i'll be a senior too so ill watch this thread as well. i want a stupid one that no one will get so maybe something from zooropa or lemon will do.

"you know that your time is coming round, so don't let the bastards grind you down"

or can you say bastard? ;)

There's another one I'm thiniking of but I'll have to find the exact lyrics so I won't appear lame :crack:

innocent_eyes said:
"when you're 16, you think you can take on the world..and sometimes your right!" -Bono of U2

I used that when I gave a speech to my senior class before graduation.

"Time is a train, makes the future the past."

"Everything you know is wrong."

"We're free to fly the crimson sky, The sun won't melt our wings tonight."

"You miss too much these days if you stop to think."

"The days run away like horses over the hills."

"Who'll catch the star when it falls?"

"What you don't have you don't need it now."

"The only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind."

"It's just a moment. This time will pass."

"You could have flown away, a singing bird in an open cage who will only fly for freedom."

"I don't want to see you cry. I know that this is not goodbye."

"Freedom looks like too many choices."

"What you don't know, you can feel somehow."

"Who's to say where the wind will take you?"

"Life should be fragrant, rooftop to the basement."

"Don't project, don't connect - protect. Don't expect - suggest."

"I'm not afraid to die; I'm not afraid to live; and when I'm flat on my back I hope to feel like I did."

"It's not where you're born
It's where you belong
It's not how weak
But what will make you strong"

-Summer Rain

Ten years ago mine was "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle". I was such a nerd. :rolleyes:

brown-eyed girl said:

"I'm not afraid to die; I'm not afraid to live; and when I'm flat on my back I hope to feel like I did."

ive always loved this quote...theres so many of them though. thanks for that link by the way.

I think the best one to use is "work like you love your job, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching." -Bono.

I dont know if this is word for word, I'm going off the head here.

From the Edge : "This day has done everything it can for us. This day owes us nothing."

One of my favorites....

"I can't change the world...

But I can change the world in me"

- Rejoice

Back
Top Bottom