I need a pick me up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CKONE

Acrobat
"You know he got the cure
You know he went astray
He used to stay awake
To drive the dreams he had away
He wanted to believe
In the hands of love

His head it felt heavy
As he cut across the land
A dog started crying
Like a broken hearted man
At the howling wing
At the howling wind

He went deeper into black
Deeper into white
Could see the stars shining
Like nails in the night
He felt the healing
Healing, healing
Healing hands of love
Like the stars shiny shiny
From above

Hand in the pocket
Finger on the steel
The pistol weighed heavy
His heart he could feel
Was beating, beating
Beating, beating oh my love
Oh my love, oh my love
Oh my love

My love

Saw the hands that build
Can also pull down

The hands of love"

Thats done the trick. Cheers!

...or Starbucks coffee ice cream. Better yet--

You're a precious stone
You're out on your own
You know everyone in the world
But you feel alone
Daddy won't let you weep
Daddy won't let you ache
Daddy gives you as much as you can take

SunBloc said:
what picks you up???

by pick me up do you mean gives me energy or cheers me up? I always thought of "pick me up" as more of a mood thing. either way, Pop probably does the trick. I couldn't live without that album. ATYCLB is good at that too. Beautiful Day is such a joyous song! :rockon:

oh i so agree

when im down in the dumps, lacking motivation, just pretty much blah, there is nothing like a haunting song about a demented religous zealout committing murder/suicide for what he believes is God's will.

it just picks me up, gets me feeling great and ready to tackle the day just like a murderer would! John Robert Bardo knows what im talkin' about, hells yes.

the only thing that could have made it an even geater pick me up is if they had used the original working title of The Executioner's Song. :drool: though i dont know if i would have ever been able to come down from that high.

Chizip said:
oh i so agree

when im down in the dumps, lacking motivation, just pretty much blah, there is nothing like a haunting song about a demented religous zealout committing murder/suicide for what he believes is God's will.

it just picks me up, gets me feeling great and ready to tackle the day just like a murderer would! John Robert Bardo knows what im talkin' about, hells yes.

the only thing that could have made it an even geater pick me up is if they had used the original working title of The Executioner's Song. :drool: though i dont know if i would have ever been able to come down from that high.

and that has made me :) aswell.

it could be any song by U2 and its not always the lyrics but in the case of Exit as a pick me up its about the mood, the tension, the venom, performance and the energy.

Back
Top Bottom