I need a Bono/U2 quote about music HURRY!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unosdostres14

Refugee
I'm getting an ipod and it comes with a free laser engraving on the back. You get two lines of text, 27 characters per line. I'm going to use one line for my name, and the other for the quote. Got any suggestions of U2 or Bono quotes that are about the power of music?

I need to buy it tonight so quick replys are appreciated.

THANKS THANKS THANKS

~ Mr. The Unosdostres14

Hey some of these I think have nothing to do with music but heyl, it's a quick reply :wink:

+ The music that really turns me on is either running toward God or away from God. Both recognize the pivot, that God is at the center of the jaunt.

+ I went through a sort of awkward phase of thinking I was stupid. My schoolwork goes to shit. I can't concentrate. I started to believe the world outside. Music was my revenge on that.

+ I'm not exaggerating to say that. This music changed the shape of the room. It changed the shape of the world outside the room; the way you looked out the window and what you were looking at. (listening to John Lennon)

+ I'm the Imelda Marcos of sunglasses.

+ At a certain point, I just felt, you know, God is not looking for alms, God is looking for action.

+ Even though I'm a believer, I still find it really hard to be around other believers. They make me nervous, they make me twitch. I sorta watch my back. Except when I'm with the black church. I feel relaxed, feel at home; my kids.. I can take them there; there's singing, there's music.

+ The world is more malleable than you think and it's waiting for you to hammer it into shape.

+ Every age has its massive moral blind spots. We might not see them, but our children will.

+ Music was an alarm bell for me, it woke me up to the world.

+ Don't get me too excited because I use four letter words when I get excited. (All the above by Bono)

The question is, "What are you saying with the guitar?" - Not "Can you play this link?" or "What's your speed like?"

It's, "What are you saying with your instrument? What is being communicated in this song?"
- The Edge, U2

Whenever I start working on a song, I immediately try to forget everything, to empty my hands and head of anything that may be hanging over from another song or album.

I try to approach it like this is the first time I've ever played guitar. What am I going to do?
- The Edge, U2
[Source: Zen Guitar]

"Rock 'n' roll is ridiculous. It's absurd. In the past, U2 was trying to duck that. Now we're wrapping our arms around it and giving it a great big kiss." I think Bono said it

hey the power of music?? Hmm I don't think these help much :huh: Bono said that music can change the world, his world, it can change the temperature of the room you are in. He said music is like smells... I think that is in teh HTDAAB DVD, but I dunno :shrug:

How long,to sing this song...

Welcome to Zoo TV y'all....

So here we are.The Irish in America.....(SBS,R&H)

We're more effective when we work together as One....

Live is where we live (Larry I know,but....)

It's a musical journey....(Edge I know,but...)

i think im gonna go with DREAM OUT LOUD

but i still havent ordered yet...so if you think of something amazing..let me know

We're an Irish band,we come from Dublin City,Ireland..(Live Aid quote).

The Goal is Soul is good,with it being on B mans Falcon.

Dream Out Loud or The Goal Is Soul? mmm interesting.

kinda late, i know, but i thought it was funny =)
"Making music is like making sausages, you'll probably enjoy them more if you don't see how it's done." -Bono

I went with DREAM OUT LOUD.

It's gonna be cool.

and now...we wait!

OMG I WANT MY IPOD NOW!!!!!!!@#~!@$~!$~@$!~#!$!

'i believe in the sky over my head, i believe in poetry, electricity, i believe in you,,i believe for you,,,i have a vision TELEVISION TELEVISION !!!'

Mirrorball Man Circa 1992

^ :lmao: That's nice!! :D

Hey tuwie, I love the sausages quote. Read it a while ago and lost it :sad: I think I'm gonna save it in a txt file or whatever now :D

Back
Top Bottom