I miss MacPhisto...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
...and the other stage characters that Bono used to do (The Fly, Mirrorball Man).

I realize we'll probably never see these characters performed again, but personally, I think it's one of the many things that made ZooTV by far the greatest tour U2 has ever done. Bono is a natural at acting out characters on stage and to me it was emotional/funny/meaningful/entertaining all at once.

I can deal with the fact that ZooTV is over, as is MacPhisto, but I often wonder...would Bono ever perform on stage as a "character" again?

As much as I loved the characters, I think he's done with them. It worked for Zoo TV, but U2 isn't really about repeating when they do tours. And really, who knows if a 44 year old Bono would be into it at all as he seems ready to "just be Bono" to the hilt on this tour and maybe for the rest of his career. Judging from the sound of Vertigo, the band would be best suited to keep the kind of look we saw in the newest A.Corbijn pics. (I call it the Honest Rockers look)

I reckon bono is a character in himself these days..

Although I loved the whole concept of macphisto, I think he was really part of zoo Tv, and thats where he should stay..

I reckon Bono is a character in himself these days.... :lmao:

Great one, Ellay!

Yes, as great as the Fly, the Mirrorball Man and MacPhisto characters are, I don't think Bono is in the same place emotionally now as he was then to fully give those characters life again. :wink:

It's best for us to simply watch the videos and remember them fondly.

Although I would love to see MacPhisto give this Pres. Bush a couple calls at the White House! :ohmy:

Thanks for the memories....:macdevil: :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

The Fly - it was something about his moves on stage. I don't know if you get it, but just look at the way he walks on stage in the Sidney video! Bono has an aura that just says: I am your GOD for the evening, and he definitely was

:dance:

Hey did you read the latest Edge thread? There's ZOO like stuff in there for you! :happy:

I miss Miss MacPhisto, I hope she'll be back soon! :hmm:

McPhisto was 20 yrs too soon the first time. He'll be back in about 10 yrs when Bono really is a tired old pop star.

Back
Top Bottom