I Met My First.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Sad Punk said:
Some 12 year old I met a few years ago didn't know who Eminem was. This was when the man was at his peak.

Seriously, that's pretty bad.

Well at 12 kids can still be pretty sheltered by their parents control, and he was looked at as a public enemy, so that doesn't surprise me at all.

The Sad Punk said:
Some 12 year old I met a few years ago didn't know who Eminem was. This was when the man was at his peak.

Seriously, that's pretty bad.

Well i must say i dont know who alot of these shitty rappers and teen pop people and these new "garage rock bands" are today. I really dont listen to too much of that horseshit. I like old school stuff, todays music for the most part is shit.

Last edited:
JMScoopy said:
I got you all beat.

U2 has been my band since the Joshua Tree, and I WAS BORN IN 1985! I WAS 2 YEARS OLD AND RUNNING TO WATCH U2 VIDEOS ON MTV! (when MTV accually used to show music videos :wink: )

hehehe yup! MTV actually used to be.. a music channel. LOL

i was born in 1981 (i'm a youngin' sorta too, lol)... and used to watch MTV all the time with my older cousin. rockin' out to the 'ol U2.. :p

but i didn't become a big, big fan until later... around 1992... hell, everyday i become a bigger fan.. so what the hell am i talking about, lol.

i'm still baffled at that girl i knew who didn't even know who michael jackson was though.... yikes...:eyebrow:

even moles living underground know who MJ is!!!! LOL

I would hear very little about U2 if I wasn't on this board. I was a huge fan in the 80's, but in the 90's through about two years ago I couldn't tell you what they were doing or even if they were still together. Hell, I was completely unaware about the whole ATYCLB/Elevation thing. :huh:

I'm not really into pop culture. I don't listen to the radio, watch little tv (when I do it's generally news...occasionally I do watch Lost when I remember it's on), and don't generally watch movies. I doubt I could tell you who's popular in music today.

But I have sources for finding new (and not so new sometimes) music I like, I love to read (lots of stuff really from comedy to mythology to history), and I manage to have a decent grasp of world affairs. Go figure. :shrug:

Brief history, considering this is my first post.

The first U2 song I listened to was HMTMKMKM, back in 1995. I was 7 at that time. Interestingly enough, I was more impressed by the video than the song (though I did like the song). :huh:
Well anyways, then in 1997 when I was 10 I had an Irish home room teacher. Her name was Mrs. Tomlinson (pretty sure that was it). For some school activity we had to pick a country and highlight certain strengths. Well our teacher picked Ireland, and our whole class had to contribute to the latter. That is when she played SBS, Pride and a few other songs (all 80s) to showcase U2. After hearing those I was like 'wow', this is the music I should be listening too! However nothing materialized :)() and I forgot about them until 2001... After ATYCLB came out I got interested again, and finally bought 'Best of 1980-90'. Then the following year I got the 'Best of 1990-00'. I listened to them A LOT but didn't get any other CD (I thought the greatest hits would be the best U2 had to offer :reject: ), thus the following couple of years everything calmed down... until the end of '04 and all of '05. I bought HTDAAB (reasoning that these songs weren't on 'Best of') the first day it came out, and after listening decided I was horribly wrong about the 'normal' albums not being great! Thus '05 has been crazy; have bought to date: Achtung Baby (BEST ALBUM EVER! :drool:), Zooropa, Pop, ATYCLB, Slane, R&H (DVD) and Vertigo/Chicago. I haven't gotten any 80s albums yet, but that should change soon enough... :wink:. My friends give me a hard time now and then, saying U2 sucks and what not. But then I explain to them that the bands they listen to are complete shit, and aren't even in the same league as U2. Which usually shuts them up! :madspit:

Well...hope I didn't bore you all to death...hehe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom