I love U2, and I don't care who knows it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RufusYoungblood

Mr. MacPhisto's Whiney Wench
Seems like there's a lot talk, maybe too much talk.

I love their music. I love what they've created and chosen to share. I love it all.

If I never see them again, or hear anything new, I'll still be eternally grateful for what I have already received.

I love U2.

this song is not a rebel song

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by RufusYoungblood:
Seems like there's a lot talk, maybe too much talk.

I love their music. I love what they've created and chosen to share. I love it all.

If I never see them again, or hear anything new, I'll still be eternally grateful for what I have already received.

I love U2.

I agree 100% word for word, TOTALLY agree with you! U2 has made the last 18 years of my life more special because of their music, and I think that's way more than I thought they were going to be capable of.

Rock on U2!!!!

I love U2 for the years of music and happiness they've given me. That and the shows that I was lucky enough to see.

No matter what happens I will always treasure these moments.

Furthermore:

Any Voyager fans will know what I'm talking about.

Vulcan game of logic called Kalto. basically: a 3d version of pick-up-stick, except you have to put a stick into the pile, to make a "shape" (some of the other sticks magically move). Win the game by putting a stick into the pile that make the entire pile form a perfect 3D shape.

How does this relate to U2?

Well, take four instruments (5 is vocal melody and lyrics are separate) Take them and apply them U2 style and you get a sumptuous feast. Are more often than can be reasonably expected, get moments of sheer perfection. Those "omfg" moments. The ones that make you shudder, or bring a tear, or a gasp of breath. Like an unexpected orgasm. "oohh" ...

americaaaaaaa...

To be continued in my magic moments series.
smile.gif

I just wanted to mention this stuff, because it's all about the music. Not where larry lives, or what Adam had for breakfast. At least, that's what it's like for me.

I love U2.

I love Bono's lyrics. I love Edge's guitar. I love Larry's drumming. I love Adam's basslines. Call me a sycophant, but I have yet to meet a U2 song that I could actively dislike.

I love seeing them live. I love seeing them on TV. I love watching them win awards. I love seeing Bono babble about whatever is on his heart. I love him making political statements that rile people up, whether it be gun control or hugging the American flag.

But most of all, I love the albums. I love Boy, October, War, UABRS, UF, JT, RH, AB, Zooropa, POP, and ATYCLB. I love this stack of discs that are the soundtrack to my life. I love the fact that no matter what anyone says or does, how many "sellouts" U2 is labelled to be, or how many "overpriced" shows they play, I have these little pieces of heaven and no one can take away what they mean to me.

I love that I can have a common bond to share with others from around the world. I love the way it can bring us all together. I love sitting alone in my car and being lost in a U2 song. I love singing it with 20,000 other fans...at high volume.

There's a lot to be happy for.
smile.gif

-sula

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I love U2.

I love Bono's lyrics. I love Edge's guitar. I love Larry's drumming. I love Adam's basslines. Call me a sycophant, but I have yet to meet a U2 song that I could actively dislike.

I love seeing them live. I love seeing them on TV. I love watching them win awards. I love seeing Bono babble about whatever is on his heart. I love him making political statements that rile people up, whether it be gun control or hugging the American flag.

But most of all, I love the albums. I love Boy, October, War, UABRS, UF, JT, RH, AB, Zooropa, POP, and ATYCLB. I love this stack of discs that are the soundtrack to my life. I love the fact that no matter what anyone says or does, how many "sellouts" U2 is labelled to be, or how many "overpriced" shows they play, I have these little pieces of heaven and no one can take away what they mean to me.

I love that I can have a common bond to share with others from around the world. I love the way it can bring us all together. I love sitting alone in my car and being lost in a U2 song. I love singing it with 20,000 other fans...at high volume.

There's a lot to be happy for.
smile.gif

-sula

Ditto ....
That gave me goosebumps Sula
biggrin.gif

To me, U2 are to the music industry, what Michael Jordan ambassadors in basketball. He might have an off game (such as his first night back with the Wizards), yet the attraction was unbelievable. People flocked because he's an icon of class and style. To me, that is what U2 is like. They all could lose their voices, be balder than a baby's behind, Larry could *actually* age and they would still be untouchable in my book.

Oh yeah! What would this world be like, without(i can't even say that without thinking of a certain song!;> ))*U2*'s music and spirit. And Soul! They and their music have made my life so much richer. God Bless **U2** Rock On Best Band in the World!

This thread is making me tear up, guys.

I love U2. They have always been there for me in anything I'm going through in my life with their music. Hell, I met the first real boyfriend I ever had by our common love of the band. I'm thankful I got to see them 5 times total, and am eternally thankful to Larry Mullen for being such a great guy and giving me the best souviner I could ever ask for.
biggrin.gif

No matter what happens, I will treasure the music and the moments they have given me. That's all we can really ask for.

(Raises his drink...)
To U2, the most soulful and intense musicians on the planet. The legend will continue and the classics will never die.

(Drinks it all down)
Yeah, that's the good shit.

AJ

I am SO saving this post for posterity.

You said in a nutshell the feelings of my own heart, Sula. THANKS.
smile.gif

May U2 go on forevermore....

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I love U2.

Back
Top Bottom