I love The Unforgettable Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
That's right. I really really do.

A Sort of Homecoming
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Promanade
Bad

:drool:

Yes. Always have. But I've really been digging it lately moreso than usual. Also wierd to see how low some people rank it in all those Album Ranking threads. Even dead last sometimes. :shocked:

if you love it so much why dont you marry it?!?!?!?

(i miss that)

not my fave album but has its great moments

Lancemc said:
Yes. Always have. But I've really been digging it lately moreso than usual. Also wierd to see how low some people rank it in all those Album Ranking threads. Even dead last sometimes. :shocked:

It surprises me too. It's probably my second favourite U2 album.

Of course you can say that.
Whether or not I agree with that statement is something else. :wink:

The Unforgettable Fire is my favourite U2 record from the Eighties.

A Sort Of Homecoming! :love:
(sleet! :heart: )

I thought you meant the song. :drool:

It's always great to turn the volume all of the way up and hear Larry's early countdown and "Oh Shit!"

not kidding.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I thought you meant the song. :drool:

It's always great to turn the volume all of the way up and hear Larry's early countdown and "Oh Shit!"

not kidding.

Heh! I love that too. I say it with him.

I am one of those that considers it to be their worst album, although it should be said that such a statement still implies a very strong album. To me, it is simply too uneven to be rated alongside their best efforts. Four songs are brilliant, four are well below par for U2's standards, and 2 are short atmospheric pieces. Yet those four brilliant songs (Pride, Sort of Homecoming, Bad, and UF) are luminious indeed.

This is my favorite album. So many brilliant songs and so many underrated ones: Promenade, EPAA, ISS, Wire...

And the B-Sides! :drool:

gump said:
This is my favorite album. So many brilliant songs and so many underrated ones: Promenade, EPAA, ISS, Wire...

And the B-Sides! :drool:

The Unforgettable Fire's b-sides are incredible. :up: It's a shame some of them didn't make the album. Then again, it flows so well as it is.

Whenever somebody dismisses u2, I play Promenade for that person and a conversion usually takes place.

This album is like a painting that sings. Love to listen to this in the dark with headphones.
I do think that EP&A is very underrated and packs so much emotion. Too bad that many people overlook that and constantly point out the production and lyrical flaws.

Back
Top Bottom