i LOVE the ELECTRIC CO.!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discotech

Refugee
omg. . . wow. i remember heraing this song first on UABRS and not really liking it ( :reject: ) but when it showed up on the Vertigo tour i was just :shocked: . it's so good! Edge's gutiar is amazing, cool solo, awesome bridge -- and the SNIPPETS!!!! Send in the Clowns a,d See Me, Feel me are cool, but i think Bullet w/ Butterfly Wigns/I Can See For Miles takes the cake. sooooooooooo good! and edge's singing! oh man this song is fucking awesome. it's a miracle they brought it back :rockon: :rockon:

edit: oh yeah, and the OUTRO!!! its fucking amazing! the crowd gets louder, Adam's bassline is just :drool: :drool: :drool: . oh man oh man oh man

I loved Electric Co. live.... But a song I wish they would have rotated it with from night to night is Exit.

Now that the ZooTV encore is gone its probably the best song in the set. It's amazing.

Could someone please send me some of these live versions??? I love this song!!! (thefonz_29@hotmail.com)

If you don't know....

ELECTRIC COOOOO!!!!!

SACRILEGE!!!

never heard the lve electric co?!!!

well allow me to remedy that:

The Electric Co./Bullet With Butterfly Wings/See Me, Feel Me: (Chicago 21 2005)
h t t p://s 61.y s i .com/d.aspx?id=08OHIN5IUFBGE2KQA07DFUUEG5

Cry/The Electric Co./Send In The Clowns/I Can See For Miles:
h t t p://s61.y s i.com/d.aspx?id=2FLLFQF5EBVVU0XZDIUQPCXLPI

The Electric Co./Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting/Break On Through/See Me, Feel Me:
http://savefile.com/projects.php?pid=313042

and if you don't know...
remove the spaces from urls for the y s i files and where you see "y s i" fill it in so it says "y ou se ndi t" (without the spaces)

I had a friend in high school (1988) who loved Edge's solo in Electric Co. off of UABRS. He's now one of the Blue Angels. Everytime I see them fly, I hear Edge's solo in my head.

I have to say this song is pretty sweet with all the snippets. Still can't decide what I would have rather seen live: Gloria or Electric Co. I saw GLoria live on the first leg in Boston and it was pretty cool.

This song has been my obsession the whole tour. I finally got to see Edge freak out playing it up close, instead of in the stands far away, last week for Detroit #1 when I was in the front on the rail. It was the most amazing moment of my Vertigo Tour. :drool: :drool: :drool:

that is "The Cry" or just "Cry"

it is a U2 original that was only played as an intro to The Electric Co.

and still is at times. I know they did it in boston this year...

"somebody cry/somebody cry/somebody cry
somebody try/somebody try/somebody try
something quick
don't you look back/don't you look back/don't you look back
somebody cry/somebody cry/somebody cry
well I can't say why or WHAT FOR!/WHAT FOR"

lately it has been changed to"
"I used to cry/I used to cry/I used to cry/
i was a boy/ i was a boy/ I was a boy
(something i can't make out)
these tears are those of joy, love!"

they ended up using the main guitar riff later when they were in the crunch recording october and it became "is that all?"

but it has remained the cry, as (to the best of my knowledge) "is that all" has never been performed live, and "The Cry" has continued to open "The Electric Co." for the past 2 decades.

Incredible!! I've been searching for a link for one of the EC versions and now there are three.
I had it on winamp but it doesn't play anylonger.
Not sure what happened but now I'm glad I have something to replace it.

Thanks Clawgrabber:up:

Back
Top Bottom