I love my band. Everything about them (well except Adam).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tania said:
Yep, stinking hot.....

:scream:

And for those who want to know what temp "stinking hot" is 40 degrees C or 104 degrees F!:combust:

I'm heading to the beach!

Is it just me, or is it sad that Celsius users often offer Fahrenheit conversions while Fahrenheit users rarely offer Celsius conversions even though Fahrenheit has not been officially replaced by Celsius in only used in three countries worldwide?

It's not sad.

We celsius users are considerate and understand the difficulties that mere Farhrenheit users have in conversion. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Port Beach but even down there was too hot once you got out of the water:madspit:

I am only just out of the phase you are in. It is really hard work on a day like today!

Yep:laugh:

*Recommends all men should be made to tie hot water bottle (37 degrees C) around middle for minimum of 30 mins 4-6 times a day to simulate additional heat load of all breastfeeding mothers during summer. :lol: *

:(

He's always the least liked in this band. Some people don't even know his name.

I really don't get all negativity towards Adam, and not just from this post. True, maybe when he was younger, he was a bit of wild child compared to other members in U2, but compared to other rock stars he was a choir boy or something.

He doesn't drink anymore, he's trying to quit smoking, he went back and took lessons from a professional bass player...not to mention, if it wasn't for Adam, it's hard to say whether U2 would've ever gotten to where they are. He was their first manager, lining up gigs, talking to anyone in the music business who would talk to him. He contacted Paul McGuinness, and McGuinness is the one who got ALL their songwriting copyrights back to them. They own all their songs, not too many bands have that.

"I didn't really want to be in a band. I was only into it for the sake of the sound of electric guitar, drums, bass and singing. So when he started talking about actually playing gigs I thought,'What, y' mean playing gigs in front of other people?' The thought had never dawned on me. But Adam believed in the band before anyone did - he'd made up his mind at 15 or 16 that rock 'n' roll was what he was going to do."--Bono.

If this doesn't cause you like Adam, guess nothing will.

"There was a night in L.A. in the early part of the tour when we had a death threat that the police were taking very seriously indeed. Someone had sent the gun license into the U2 offices and they thought he had gotten into the venue. All of a sudden there were all these people on the stage which I really objected to. I never thought that sort of thing would bother me and, when I went out, it didn't. I just laughed it off, like The Blues Brothers - 'We're on a mission from God and we ain't finished yet.' The second night came up and the cops came up to us just before we were about to go on and said they'd made a mistake, He was coming tonight!

"Now we get all kinds of racist jibes because we wrote a song for Martin Luther King, or pinko jibes because we did the Amnesty International Tour. Wherever you look we're a target for the loony fringe. So the second night, we're on stage and I'm singing 'Pride' thinking, 'If someone is going to do it it will be during this number.' So I crouched down on the stage, shut my eyes and for a moment the thought of death crossed my mind. When I looked up I just saw Adam standing over me, between me and the crowd. It was a good, good moment."--Bono.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom