I just watched Popmart Live From Mexico City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I just watched the Popmart Live From Mexico City DVD(I made the VHS into a DVD myself) for the first time in almost a year. I have to say, despite what you might hear about it, it is/was a great show. Great song selection, great performances, and oh-so-great video usage - I really hope the Vertigo Tour makes more use of video than Elevation did, because U2 have proven to be brilliant with integrating video into concerts. Plus they look so cool in Popmart....Bono with the hood and the boxing robe and the muscle outfit and the sweats....Adam with the weird mask thing....Edge with the cowboy hat and weird mustache...Larry with the...oh yeah, Larry was just Larry :wink: And I always liked the arch and the whole lemon thing.

Just a great show...vintage U2.

What a great show! I haven't watched the whole thing but have listened to it fully and watched parts of it... Please/Streets, WOWY :drool: :bow: The Vertigo tour will probably not be as spectacular since they've become so conservative these days. I still have my fingers crossed. After all, htdaab is a nice return-to-form after atyclb, IMO.

'Mofo' = Best EVER performance of that song.
'Last Night on Earth' = Best EVER performance of that song.

Anyone who watches this video before buying the 'Pop' record (as I did) will be sorely disappointed in the studio versions of those tracks...heh...

I, personally, wasn't too fussed about the video screen...sure, it's visually interesting and quite fun to look at, but at the end of the day a band doesn't need overblown videos and whatevers to make a concert.

Mofo is actually the song of the night. MOFO.
I mean, it doesn't get better than that, at least not on the Popmart tour.
Last Night On Earth is also very decent. And Even Better Than The Real Thing is better than their ZOOTV performances of it.

Great concert, except I hate their acoustic set in the middle. It doesn't fit with Popmart.

I'm waiting for the DVD version. I have ZooTV on VHS, but I know that's going to die of overuse in a matter of months.

I also wish iTunes would let me by the audio tracks from the Mexico concert without having to shell out hundreds of dollars for all those other records and singles I already own, haha.

I definitely second the nomination of "Mofo" for coolest tune ever.

Trevophoria said:
I'm waiting for the DVD version. I have ZooTV on VHS, but I know that's going to die of overuse in a matter of months.

I also wish iTunes would let me by the audio tracks from the Mexico concert without having to shell out hundreds of dollars for all those other records and singles I already own, haha.

I definitely second the nomination of "Mofo" for coolest tune ever.

Do you have a DVD burner? Buy the VHS and make it into a DVD.

Neenie said:

I love it! I've been watching clips of the DVD I'm downloading and it is sooo much better than Mexico City!

Popmart

Pop:heart:

:yes:
TOTALLY AGREE MATE !!!:drool: :heart: :up: :shocked: :rockon: :happy: :bow:

I always say this concert - Santiago 11-02-1998... unlike what u2.com say "10-02-1998" - should have been the official Pop Mart Video instead :(

U2 addict said:

Any chance of links?:wink:
Hi mate ;) go to www.easytree.org - you have to registrer before downloading anything - and you´ll be able to download the brand new version shared ( the ultimate version so far ) of this sublime show. 2 DVD mostly from Master Betacam, and Please and few parts from TVN Master Video Tape :drool:

Enjoy and let´s share the music, that´s the spirit :up:

Peace :wave:

Back
Top Bottom