I just saw U2 on Willie Nelson and Friends!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's shades

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I happened to come across this special called "Willie Nelson and Friends" on the USA Channel when I was channel surfing tonight. Willie is performing with a whole bunch of people like Lyle Lovett in honor of his 70th birthday. Right before they went to a commercial break they showed a shot of U2, repeating "You were always on my mind" about four or five times, and then "Happy Birthday, Willie!" I couldn't believe it. I had just tuned in about two or three minutes before this happened. Me and my U2 ESP!

I wonder if U2 is going to perform with Willie later on? I seriously doubt it, but I'm going to watch the rest of the show just in case...

(Right now Willie is performing with Ray Charles! :up:)

they're not in the commercials...
do you know about how long into the show they were? That is, in case it's played again, so I don't have to watch the whole thing :)

Ok I didnt see them.. :confused:

But its repeating now and they just said special appearances by blah blah.. U2.. blah blah.. :scratch:

Sicy said:
Ok I didnt see them.. :confused:

But its repeating now and they just said special appearances by blah blah.. U2.. blah blah.. :scratch:

Same here. I watched the whole thing and didn't see them. :(

Crap, now I'm going to have to watch a Willie Nelson special the next time it's on.

ZZTop is on the same special, I've watched that part already.......yes, I like ZZTop......

Happy Birthday Willie
I :heart: you

"...theres' a vantage point , but it takes some time to find..."
:hug: willie:hug:

bit late, aren't I...as usual....n/m

:heart:
Willie is one brilliant songwriter, lyric interpreter and guitarist
imho. I'm still kicking myself for not seeing him in concert last time he visited Australia. I was going to Tamworth to go "willie spotting" ( I said that in all innocence, I still get teased about it). The bus trip was cancelled, so I missed out.

Attachments

• willietitle2.jpg
    willietitle2.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom