I just qualified for trip to NYC for listening party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 7:00 hour question this morning(I was in the shower when they asked the 6:00 question so don't know what that one was) was: "What is Bono's wife's first name?"
The first guy says "Andy"
The second guy guesses "Andrea"
The third woman says "Ali" and then her cell phone craps out and they lose her!:ohmy:
So the 4th caller got it.

Hewson said:
The 7:00 hour question this morning(I was in the shower when they asked the 6:00 question so don't know what that one was) was: "What is Bono's wife's first name?"
The third woman says "Ali" and then her cell phone craps out and they lose her!:ohmy:

Oh, an easy question! If I was that third woman I'd be crying right now. Argh!

Hewson said:

I would be swinging from a lamp post right now if I was that 3rd caller :no:

I was trying every hour today and they needed caller 11 to win but i was caller 1...:sad:

oh well...I can still see them on tour...so close though...

I get 101.7...what's their number? I'll add it to my collection. :evil:

Anyone want WHJY (Providence) or WBCN (Boston)? WHJY doesn't even have a quiz...just call at the announcement and win. I got a busy signal at 5:00...and so did my mom who was helping me. :angry:

Schmeg said:
I get 101.7...what's their number? I'll add it to my collection. :evil:

877-fnx-radio
once an hour during the morning show only..
gotta be ready for ANNNNNYTHING with those questions they're tossing out there tho! some are gimmes and some are even making me go :ohmy: :huh: .. for that fatal second when they hang up on you and go to the next caller...

Good question this morning..."What is the name of the town Bono talks about the bombing in during Sunday Bloody Sunday in Rattle and Hum"
1st caller: "Dublin"
2nd caller: "Belfast"
3rd caller: "Sherry"
4th caller: "Omagh"
5th caller groans and hangs up
they go to commercial and when they come back the next caller gets it.

The 8:00 and 9:00 questions were:
"in 1995 U2 recorded an album under a different name"
and
"In the mid 80's The Edge recorded a soundtrack with Sinead O'Connor, name the movie"

wolfeden said:

:( my luck's not THAT good
Hey your odds are 1 in 16...thats not bad...of course I'm hoping its me, but best of luck.

They are saying the drawing is at around 9:30 and the winner will be drawn by "Mr. Bono" himself...I'm sure the inclusion of "Mr." is intentional as it'll probably be some bad imitation.

The 7:00 question this morning...name the major stage component of each of the last 3 tours?
The 8:00 question...in what month was the 1988 movie Rattle and Hum released?

Yeah, I can't remember the last time I have heard "trip thru your wires!"

I wish you could both win! However, it better be one of you! Best of Luck :)

I have had NO luck getting in on the phone for this contest. I've got about 4 more tries - 3 on BOS and 1 on Mix.

keep trying BostonAnne! :D

yea I was getting my daughter ready for school bellowing to Trip Thru Your Wires... little'un was giggling cos I'd been yelling NOVEMBER! at the radio previously... which I only remember because of going to the pre-screening and it was right around my birthday..
Best of luck to ya Hewson... :D

U2girl said:

:hmm: The catwalk or the big video screen? :confused:
ZooTV they were looking for the screens
PopMart they were looking for giant screen or Lemon (My first thought was the arch)
Elevation they were looking for the heart.

I wonder if they actually randomly assigned numbers or if it was the number that you qualified, meaning Margo was first qualifier, Monday at 6AM...I heard all the 7, 8 and 9 winners and didn't hear a Margo...friggin Tony Bono should have said #3, not #1...I'm gonna hafta go to Saugus and have a talk with this guy.
Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom