I just heard WGRYWH in an Office Max

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deltau922

War Child
WTF? That's even weirder than hearing In God's Country on the radio a couple years ago.

Funny... I heard Mysterious Ways in the local Harris Teeter grocery store at lunch today.

I couldn't decide if that was a cool thing or a sign of how much I'm aging. :uhoh:

StlElevation said:
i've heard your blue room on the radio, so beat that

:ohmy:

Actually it might not be too bizarre. There was an interview with Edge and he said that songs from Passengers were surprisingly successful with companies wanting ambient music for commercials and the such. Maybe that's how it got on the radio.

Still, you probably win the thread.

I've heard like 90% of their stuff on the radio! Even stuff like Another Time Another Place and Surrender!

Of course, it was when NY's 104.3 did an A-Z of U2. :wink:

I heard Crumbs From Your Table playing on the radio in the airport before I caught a plane to Toronto (incidentally, to see U2). It was surreal! :huh:

kellyahern said:
I heard Wake Up in a mall food court.

I know it's not a U2 song, but it made me feel like I had to hurry up and get to my concert seat right away :lol:.

:lmao:

I've heard Wild Honey before in a grocery store. :ohmy:

Of all the songs on that CD that would be played. Wow. My brain didn't believe my ears at first. :lol:

The freakiest was one day I thought I was psychic. :huh:

I was leaving to somewhere with my mom and I started to mention something about Streets live and hows its the best song, then the radio immediately when into the soft organ intro and I stopped dead in my tracks :lol:. Freaked me out. But even later, on when we were coming home from where we were (same day), I remarked "remember when I mentioned Streets this morning and they played it?" and right then it came on again. No lie. :huh:

when we were waitng in the GA line in Cleveland, one girl in line went off in search of a bathroom, and heard Miss Sarajevo, and then I went off in search for a bathroom and heard Still Haven't Found (I know that's not a strange one to hear, but two U2 songs, playing outside while waiting to see U2 is weird, and I've never heard MS on the radio before)

BluRmGrl said:
Funny... I heard Mysterious Ways in the local Harris Teeter grocery store at lunch today.

I couldn't decide if that was a cool thing or a sign of how much I'm aging. :uhoh:

I heard Electrical Storm in the supermarket the other day and thought exactly the same thing... :)

Sadly it's very rare to hear a new U2 song played on KROQ (Major radio station in LA for those that don't know, but probably know) when U2 isn't in town or a new album is coming out. The only time I hear U2 on KROQ is during the flashback lunch.

I was in Subway the other day and I heard "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", not very rare, but still exciting and it made my day a little happier.

StlElevation said:
i've heard your blue room on the radio, so beat that

Was a promo single, actually, but that's still the rarest thing I've heard of being played.

Heard "Crumbs" in Lowes in Greenville, SC. It was weird (BUT I LIKED IT!). I thought they couldn't play the new stuff over the p.a.???

I would have ot think that Everlasting Love would be the rarest thing to hear on the radio, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom