I just heard Kite on the radio...introduced a new single!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopFly

War Child
Driving home from school tonight, I heard FM96 here in London play 'Kite,' and the DJ introduced the song as 'the new one from U2.' Has my wish come true? Is Kite a single? Hoorah!

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Well....... I hear all kinds of songs off ATYCLB on my radio station. I've heard Kite, In a little While and Peace on Earth. But it doesnt mean they're going to be singles.

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Well....... I hear all kinds of songs off ATYCLB on my radio station. I've heard Kite, In a little While and Peace on Earth. But it doesnt mean they're going to be singles.

KFOG has to be the coolest radio station on the planet. I've heard pretty much every song off the new album except Grace and When I Look At The World on there, including the acoustic Stuck, plus they play lots of lesser known album tracks off of the other albums. Just last weekend I heard Red Hill Mining Town on the radio for the first time ever.
biggrin.gif

Plus overall their mix of music is really great - covering classic rock all the way up to the good stuff today. And they have lots of live concert broadcasts and stuff like that. Check it out (I assume you already know about it Sicy
wink.gif
)!

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 12-15-2001).]

Diemen I listen to 104.9.. they play all that stuff! I almost peed when I woke up to Red Hill Mining Town one morning!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by PopFly:
Driving home from school tonight, I heard FM96 here in London play 'Kite,' and the DJ introduced the song as 'the new one from U2.'

102.1 in Toronto has said it was "U2's newest release" as well.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
i could see them playing kite. they'll play just about anything U2 gives 'em. not that U2 gives 'em crap but...

is it the album cut or a different mix?

They play Stuck and One, so I don't see why it's a surprise.

It's the album cut.

here in Montreal, CKOI 96.9 FM, the city's number one radio station not only play it but they've ranked it ... it made its appearance in the top 30 chart.

looks like a new single is indeed on the way

Ggr I don't want Kite to be a single.

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
102.1--The Edge playing Kite? A slow tune? I'm SHOCKED!

i could see them playing kite. they'll play just about anything U2 gives 'em. not that U2 gives 'em crap but...

is it the album cut or a different mix?

------------------
against smileys

Isn't it a bit soon for another U2 single?

Walk On has only just been released world wide.

And its only been a couple of months since Stuck In A Moment was released in the US.

From what I've gathered, the singles are being released at 4 to 5 month intervals. Although Norther America doesn't seem to follow that trend.

So maybe its not too soon...

Originally posted by killmorgscom:
Isn't it a bit soon for another U2 single?

Walk On has only just been released world wide.

And its only been a couple of months since Stuck In A Moment was released in the US.

From what I've gathered, the singles are being released at 4 to 5 month intervals. Although Norther America doesn't seem to follow that trend.

So maybe its not too soon...

Actually I stand... Ahhhhh sit corrected...
(By myself that is)

Its been since August since Stuck In A Moment was released in the US.

Therefore pay no attention to my previous post, or that man behind the curtain posing as the Great and Powerful Wizard of Oz.

No way! They can't make a special song like into a single! I protest! I just can't accept this!

...well, uh, how many B-sides can we get?
wink.gif

(forget "every man has a price." it is more like "every man has a B-side.")

Y'all might like to also note that on the MuchMoreMusic countdown this week the video for Kite debuted at 28. It's just the performance from the Boston DVD.. but still a good indication that Kite is being treated by a lot of people as the next single... I wonder if U2 has anything to do with it or if radiostations are taking things into their own hands.
wink.gif

I think it would be nice to see a song like Kite as a single. What's wrong with having a deep meaningful song released commercially as a single? I'd rather have songs like that played on the radio, then fluff throw away filler songs.

There was a time in the early 90's when songs like Kite dominated the airwaves.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by david:
There was a time in the early 90's when songs like Kite dominated the airwaves.

Oh, for the halycon days of 'Ice Ice Baby.'

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Back
Top Bottom