I just got back from Baltimore and....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you fuckin kidding me?
Please?

I happen to love please a lot.

Oh yeah.. the more important question.. where in the set was it?

The full setlist is as follows:

Elevation
Beatiful Day
Until the End of the World
New Year's Day
Out of control
Sunday Bloody Sunday
When Will i see you again
Stuck in a moment
Kite
Angel of Harlem
Knocking on Heaven's Door(with some guy pulled from teh crowd)
Staring at teh Sun (acoustic)
Please
wtshnn
ishfwilf
pride
encore
bullet
what's going on
new york
one
POE/walk on

awesome!! Please into Streets is imo better than RTSS into Streets, even though I like RTSS better. Did the transition go pretty much like on popmart??

oooh man i want an mp3!

And, knocking on heaven's door is a greeeat song!

the transition from Please to streets wasn't like the Popmart version. i wish it was, but the band stopped playing while Bono and the audience kept on singing "please" then streets started up. so it wasn't as clean as Popmart and no guitar.

WOW, I have to find something better to do than looking at setlists. It gets me too anxious and I still have over 20 till my first lift off.

But I'm happy for you, that does sound like it was a great set.

*betting money we'll hear from the guy of knocking on Heaven's Door* what exactly did he do? Guitar again?

[This message has been edited by mbi16 (edited 10-19-2001).]

the guy who played Knocking on Heaven's Door was a guy at the tip of the heart about 6-7 people away from me. He was holding up a sign the with teh song title and the chords written on it. After Angel of Harlem, he waved the guy to come and Bono said something to the effect of "you better be able to play this" but in a stern voice, like he doesn't want the guy to fuck up. and dallas gave the guy edges acousitc and started to play the song... first at the side of teh heart and then everyone went to teh main stage to finish the song. it was really a cool performance and the guy didn't fuck up. quite a surprise i might add.

Garbage had to cancel tonight's tour due to the drummers illness. So like 2 hours before the concert started they got a call saying if they would open for U2. They were on their way to do a concert that night, so their set was short and U2 came on about 8:30.

The sound reminds me of elvis costello mixed with a little bit of country sound. They ended with "Sheena is a Punk Rocker" so all was good. Really a good rock band.

Looks like Arun started a popular trend!

Butch Vig (the garbage drummer) was very ill so they couldn't play I think. I've never heard of Graham Parker before..

Originally posted by SkeeK:
Looks like Arun started a popular trend!

Butch Vig (the garbage drummer) was very ill so they couldn't play I think. I've never heard of Graham Parker before..

Yeah no really. I guess this leg is a guys' leg. Not that many woman up on stage lately. *thinking of picking up the guitar in order to compete*

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

well it makes sense.. after all, women certainly don't have a third leg.. while men on the other hand... ...

WOW! I'm liking this setlist! How's the version of 'What's going on' and 'New York' evolved from ND? I absolutely love 'Please', and hope they play it in NY. What was happening during 'Walk On'?

That's just wrong Skeek *shaking head in disbelief*

But I do have to give you props for making sense
wink.gif

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

That is so cool! I hope to God they play Please at LA night two. I would love to hear it!

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Also just got back.
My first show of the 3rd Leg.

I guess some <b> SPOILER</b> info. would be part of this post - SORRY

Still a little in "ELEVATED" mode, but I'll try to make some sense.

What a day. I got to Baltimore around 4:30PM and went right to the arena. As I arrived (the corner of Lombard St.) the band was arriving as well. I heard some screams and noticed it was fans reacting to the fact that the guys were coming over to everyone to greet, sign auto's and say hi. So I went over, shook Bono's hand, said hi to the Edge, Adam & Larry. Adam & Larry signed my concert tickets - they all were very cool. It was very exciting to meet them and I was a bit "starstruck". When Bono was greeting fans, I remember him saying that he was upset at the "cancellation". At the time I remember thinking that Garbage must have cancelled for some reason. It was the only thing that made sense based on the conversations.

So later, as I was entering the arena, a little earlier than I usually would, I than recalled that U2 would probably come on a little earlier than I would have expected.

They did, and I saw the setlist posted somewhere, but I can't remember it exactly.

But here is what I do remember:

Elevation - what an opener - enough said. It sets the tone. It's like a knock-out punch, but the punches keep coming - relentlisly.

BD, NYDay, etc. - amazing and all I was thinking was how incredible it was to be at the show.

I guess I was expecting Bono to pull someone from the tip of the heart on stage, but when it was actually happening, it seemed out of place. But once the guy got up on stage - it seemed to be part of the show. Whoever that dude was - he was good. It almost seemed "fixed". That guy was money and they played "Knockin on Heavens Door" like was part of the show. It was one of the highlights of the show. The guy was U2's fifth member - no joke - it was well played.

Please was awesome. There are some people who are more excited about it than me, but $hit, it was great. I had expected them to have Bad lead into STREETS, but Please - STREETS - incredible. In fact, just STREETS incredible.

Then Pride - than they left the stage.

When they came back, I heard the familiar music that led into the Heston BTBS intro. I thought that the screens would come up, but they didn't and the band played BULLET.

They did not leave the stage again, but went into the second encore (One - with the names on the screens of the flights from 9/11/01) and ended with POE/Walk On.

I heard some people saying this show was quick (less than two hours). I guess it was, but it was incredible and I'm so fortunite to have been at the show.
Walk oN.

[This message has been edited by justinb914 (edited 10-19-2001).]

Godammit! Why couldn't they play Please for us????

------------------
Proud owner of Larry's Drumstick!

Still Elevated...

U2tours.com has video clips already up on the site. Just make sure you save it to disk and open it in Windows Media Player, trust me it's not Real.

Oh my Gosh how cool I wish I was there. They have Knocking on Heaven's door, Please, and Out of Control up so far. Not bad I might add.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Godammit! Why couldn't they play Please for us????

Larry cut the show short so he could give us his sticks. He didn't want us to have to hold the signs up any longer. hehe
biggrin.gif

------------------
Proud Owner of Larry's Stick!!!

Bubble poppin' sugar droppin' rock and roll

~*April*~
(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Yeah mbi I just watched those clips!
This is totally awesome to me... I can't belive it! It just...rocks!

Best night of my life. Worth the 130 bucks I payed for 45 dollar seats, which in fact were great.

Highlights:

Out of Control- Didn't hear it last time, loved the Bono as an eighteen year old speech.

Knockin' On Heaven's Door- I was not expecting Larry and Adam to join in, or to ever hear them play this song again.

PLEASE- I 'bout crapped my pants. I swear, I don't think half of the people there knew the song, until the very end when everyone kept singing. It was thrilling to be there.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I heard a few other songs that I didn't hear last time, but I thought Pride was much better this time than in DC.

Because, Pride had the Zoo TV video of King's "Promised Land" speech, Bono saying "let the king sing", etc.

---Then, as CJ and I are waiting for my parents to pick me up, this guy in a Slane shirt walks by with this dude who looks EXACTLY like Bono. I'm pretty sure it wasn't him, but I yelled "Hey Bono!" anyway, and the guy turned and nodded at me. If I didn't know that Bono wouldn't be dumb enough to walk around the streets of Baltimore, I could swear he acknowledged me 5 and a half hours ago.

I can't believe they played Please!! I wanted to hear that song sooo much!

I wonder what it was like with the heart... I always pictured it with the huge Popmart screen...

------------------
"You see things and say 'Why?'; but I dream things that never were and I say 'Why not?'" -- George Bernard Shaw

I was there and it was an amazing show. Even though I never liked Please, he sang it tenderly with a sweet voice and it sounded different. It was very emotional and he was tying its meaning to current world events. Much of the setlist seemed that way. It was a powerful performance. What a special night!

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

*gaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssspppppppp*

They played Angel if Harlem?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Bono, I'm mad at you. That's one of my most favorite songs. If Bono had gotten on a razor scooter and scooted down the street for about half an hour or so he could have come to my house and serenaded me. Curses!

When's the next tour?! *is sad*

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n' rolla
Bono Rep. of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Joe Houdini!" ~Charlie Brown~

"What you don't have you don't need it now. What you don't know you can feel it somehow." -U2-

"SOUL! THE GOAL IS SOUL!" ~hot tamale Bono~

i think that everyone was shocked that it got played. i know i was and let's hope it keeps getting played cause it really is a nice addition to the setlist.

Back
Top Bottom