I highly recommend that you do get the Special Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brownda7

War Child
Before we all get uptight and complain about the book maybe listen to the BBC interview bono did with simon mayo last week where HE tells you the premise behind it. I think you'll get a little more out of it if you understand what bono wants us to get from it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/albumchart/

More info on @ u2 also about this interview. Some people were sharing it a few days ago also.

I think its great package and well worth the money I spent.

Um,

are you responding to what bono said about the book in the interview?:|

If you think the collectors edition is a waste, post in the other topic called "i highly recommend NOT etc etc............."

Anyway, I have no idea what you trying to communicate so to everybody here;

please listen to the interview I think its about 40 minutes in they start to talk about the book.

:wink:

It's a fantastic interview. Bono talks a lot about the songs that Simon plays mentioning that Original Of The Species is his favourite track.

I was super bummed when I was skimming through the little book that comes with the Collector's Edition and there's a page where Bono is writing out track order lists, and 'Mercy' shows up in both. DAMN YOU LARRY.

Fast Cars is good, but I think if Mercy had been cut in length and polished...it would have been a U2 song for the ages.

By the way - does anyone have a good quality version of that song? I don't have it on my new computer.

I agree. After hearing what Bono said in the Simon Mayo interview, when he describes everything in the book, and how and why they put it in...I enjoyed looking through it a lot more.

Yay!

Now three people on my side

Everybody should listen to the interview before passing judgement on the limited edition book.

I need to get around to listening to the interview ... oh well, I love the book anyway.

brownda7 said:
Yay!

Now three people on my side

Everybody should listen to the interview before passing judgement on the limited edition book.

Well I like it cos I'm weird like that. (Larry's paintings, their hand prints, were they finger painting? hehe.)

Larry forgot something though, aren't you supposed to sign your artwork?

Though, since he painted doors, it might look like graffiti, I dunno.

brownda7 said:

Everybody should just turn to page 1 of the damn book and start reading before they pass judgement on the book.

As someone who was literally kicked out of the Rock Hall of Fame for being transfixed (past closing time) by the old handwritten notes of the band's from the early years, and someone for whom slick packaging does little, I have to say that this book is such a treasure that it 'completes' my U2 catalogue, if that makes sense, even though I know the collection is not over.

THere has been talk of this being the last album. I doubt it, but if it is, I feel it is an amazing finale, coming full circle, everything.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us Bono, Edge, Larry, Adam, especially Bono for sharing your thoughts with us...over the years and in this book! :)

EDIT (and this is NOT a footnote or afterthought): THANK YOU Barb for sending me this. It was already special as I've noted above, but the fact that you gave it to me gives it even more meaning, and I will always remember this. Thanks so much. :hug:

Last edited:
you can add me to the list. i have absolutely no complaints about the Collectors Edition.

i love the book it seems very personal, like the band is sharing with us its great! so i have no complaints :)

Back
Top Bottom