I heard the whole thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Drunk or not, it was a stupid thing to do. It's no excuse. I know I sound like a hardass, but that's how I feel. And why "give him a break" because he's a lush? Not only that, but an Interscope "slackey" (I think he meant lackey), would not have a cd. If he did, he probably got it through covert means and should be fired. NO ONE has the CD but the top of the top. I work in the business, I was there at The Recording Academy (Grammy) submissions meetings when Beautiful Day was submitted and again the next year when the whole CD was eligible and submitted. I place a high value on integrity in this business and when I hear this kind of thing it just burns me up.

Lucky people on this forum dont have to make excuses to anyone else on this forum. We all need to take what we read with a grain of salt, have some faith in what you think might hold a bit of water, and otherwise enjoy the wait with the fellow fans. If we cant enjoy the wait, at least not let anger guide us.
Sheesh people.

Lets all relax a little huh.

Angela Harlem said:
Lucky people on this forum dont have to make excuses to anyone else on this forum. We all need to take what we read with a grain of salt, have some faith in what you think might hold a bit of water, and otherwise enjoy the wait with the fellow fans. If we cant enjoy the wait, at least not let anger guide us.
Sheesh people.

Lets all relax a little huh.

Relax? Angela, with all due respect - work in the music business for 20 years and then come back to me ... When it's this deeply ingrained in you, things like this are a very big deal. It's the principle of the thing. Part of my job with the Grammy Awards is to "maintain the integrity" of the process and I hold that process in high esteem. I also have respect for the artists and labels, and their desired way of marketing and not leaking things. I have also worked with Hilary Rosen of the RIIA (and you think I'M a hardass...) People who have not been in the trenches don't get it.

If I'm coming off arrogant, I am sorry, that's not what I am trying to do. It's just that I have a love for this industry and when people make a mockery of it and are leaking and or stealing CD's, it pisses me off. Especially when so much care has been put into that NOT happening.

I understand your point, but it doesn't seem like that was happening here. If anything be annoyed that someone was pissing in your pocket! Or not, but that is what seemed to be the point of this. But I dont really know what people are thinking when they post here, we cant pretend to I suppose.

i'd hate to see how some of the people here handle real life problems.

i find the thread funny, give him a break, assuming all of have made a mistake before. if not, it's nice to know that Jesus Christ himself is posting at Interference.

well, i'm just judging by the way people are acting in this thread, and i'm not impressed.

mikal?!!!!!! what are you saying? stop implying shit@!@

my god! this is a huge deal man. we could have had a big like...somethign@! dont mock me ok?

ps i am not mocking anyone in this thread, except for mikal
:kiss:

I was only trying to be funny with my reply. I'm sorry, I'll try not to be funny again...

Last edited:
bonoompa.jpg

brachanam9 said:

Relax? Angela, with all due respect - work in the music business for 20 years and then come back to me ... When it's this deeply ingrained in you, things like this are a very big deal. It's the principle of the thing. Part of my job with the Grammy Awards is to "maintain the integrity" of the process and I hold that process in high esteem. I also have respect for the artists and labels, and their desired way of marketing and not leaking things. I have also worked with Hilary Rosen of the RIIA (and you think I'M a hardass...) People who have not been in the trenches don't get it.

If I'm coming off arrogant, I am sorry, that's not what I am trying to do. It's just that I have a love for this industry and when people make a mockery of it and are leaking and or stealing CD's, it pisses me off. Especially when so much care has been put into that NOT happening.

"Grammy's" and "integrity" in the same sentance?

the grammy's are purely entertainment, not an artistic vista.

try decaf.

Dr_Macphisto said:
Man, this is getting pretty intense. Perhaps I can lighten things up here by commenting that I love my ass.

From the writings I've seen in various "establishments", it appears most people love your ass. :wink:

And while the original posts were annoying, as no leak occurred, nothing was posted and the person admitted he was duped, I see no reason to be quite so harsh. Now, if he had provided .mp3's of all the songs, then that would be different.

Bottom line, this thread is pointless, unless one likes Dr_Macphisto's ass.

u2ulysses said:

Bottom line, this thread is pointless

this has been happenning a lot lately on the new album forum. I click on interesting titles and get useless information. I think everyone is just excited about the new album. Lets give the guy a break, he was drunk. On the other hand, I think headache's picture might be the funniest thing I've ever seen, especially when it was put on the other thread. :up:

Last edited:
The next person who claims to have:
a) Heard the album (but won't provide details)
b) Worked for the band (but won't provide details)

Or claims to be:
a) in the band
b) related to the band

Is going to get kicked in the teeth. :madspit:

Angela Harlem said:
the thread i get...the responses to it i dont get...
:hmm:

I agreee...I bet he did hear some of it, U2DMFan in the 4 years Ive seen posts, is not a person on this board I have ever associated this kind of silliness with.

The responses crack me up, especially the self-righteousness.

ANYWAY....

Happy Hangover!

JOFO said:
the grammy's are purely entertainment, not an artistic vista.

No, that would be the AMA's and MTV Awards.

If you knew what went into it, you'd understand. It's not just a once a year party - A LOT goes into the sumbissions and voting process. It's been around for almost 47 years. I really shouldn't argue or try to defend it, but I love my work. I am now understanding that most of you are you are seeing it from another angle, (from only a fan point of view) so I see why you are thinking I am overreacting. That's ok. And you're right, I did go a little bonkers, but I just woke up and hadn't had my coffee yet ... So, sorry for being a pain in the ass. :mad:

I'll try to go have some fun today and lighten up a bit :wink: I'm glad it's Friday ....

Peace?

"It's not often that you see an albino gorilla. And you won't be seeing this one either, cause it died last year"

Since this thread keeps getting bumped up, I think we should take a moment to tell U2DMfan that he's still alright and we forgive him this one time...:hug:

Back
Top Bottom