I haven't seen U2 live.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ulove2

The Fly
I have been a fan since mid 80's and have yet to see a show. I am soooo excited to finally get my chance during this tour I can barely stand it. If I don't get tickets I will be crushed. But anyway, what I want to know is, just how magical are these shows and will it be the mind blowing experience I am expecting? I would appreciate hearing some stories.

i've seen several hundred concerts over my life, including a lot of my other favorites (radiohead, wilco, pearl jam, coldplay, pixies) who are excellent live acts- BUT no of them comes near to the U2 experience.
I have seen U2 15 times, and they were all incredible.

The best way I try to describe it is that is much more than a concert. It is an event- a really big event. That is not very descriptive- but for me each show is an all consuming thing for that day and really the week or so surrounding it. It is not like just going down to a club to catch a band that you like. It is huge. The emotional factor of their music is way above anything else I have seen.

jp

I've seen U2 6 times and everytime I take away something. I"ve been to a ton of shows too (Pearl Jam, Stones, etc) and no one comes close to the way U2 presents themselves in the live relm.

I've seen them live, and they're magical. Next year's tour is out for me tho, as I'm due the end of April, but I'll make sure my baby will be a huuuuuge U2 fan :applaud:

I saw U2 in '92 and in '01. I missed them in '97 only because I had a broken femur. I have vowed never to miss another tour.

Thank you, thank you......I was hoping for that kind of response!!! Please God let me able to get tickets.....I have everyone I know willing to try and help me (kinda sad huh?)

they're amazing...it's a very wierd experience to be in the same room as them, particulary Bono...i've been hooked since AB and Bono always help a kind of mysteriousness for me...seeing him 1 metre away is mind blowíng...it's also a little sad really...but i don't care

jackboy said:
they're amazing...it's a very wierd experience to be in the same room as them, particulary Bono...i've been hooked since AB and Bono always help a kind of mysteriousness for me...seeing him 1 metre away is mind blowíng...it's also a little sad really...but i don't care
'

I kind of know how you feel about Bono. Bono really knows how to put on a show, looks good w/ a guitar and he sings great. He is the ultimate front man!!! I always tell my girlfriend before U2 goes on "Bono is in the same arena as us, BONO."

Another thing I like to add is you never feel ripped off after a U2 show. Tickets can get a little pricey, but they make it worth every penny. I really hope tickets will be a little cheaper this time around or about the same price.

Have seen U2 play live twice - once in Dublin in 97 (Popmart) on the day Princess Di died. Band played a special tribute to Di - remember the big screen for Popmart tour? They had a huge picture of Di up. Can't remember what set they played too well, but I know they played MLK during Di tribute.

Second time I saw them was during last tour - Elevation - at Earls court. Strangely it was on the day - or next day maybe? - first concert after Bono's father died. Now that was an emotional concert.

Seems to be something of a common theme each time I see U2 play..

*touches wood*

ZooTv...Yankee Stadium...August, 1992...every time I see the WGRYWH video...it brings back memories.:up:

Havent seen U2 live either.
Only became a real fan after the Elevation Tour (November 22nd Actually...so it was still on)

but yeah, hopefully (DEFINITLY!) this next tour.

i haven't been able to see them...hopefully this time i will have enough money to go!! got some dvds..and just watching those and imaginin being there..is magical..so i really wonder how it will be like being there for real.

do yourself a favor, if this tour is selling general admission tickets and the setup is similar to the Elevation tour, buy the GA tickets and get in line early....

I waited 10 hours on a hot day in Chicago and managed to get about 15 feet from the Edge's foot pedals. Easily the greatest musical experience of my life!

I haven't seen them either - I've been waiting for 21 (yeah twenty-one) years and it seems I'll have to go on waiting since they don't seem to be planning to include this part of the world in their next tour and travelling abroad is financially out of the question. :sad: :(

I have had the opportunity to see them four times.

1985, 1992 (2), 2001 - All excellent concerts. I have had the opportunity to see many concerts - but none have moved me like seeing U2 live. It is an experience you will never forget.

I really regret not having the opportunity to see the Pop tour. Unfortunately, I was under the weather (a few months pregnant) and hubby would not let me go. PS. My baby girl (now 6) is now U2 Fan, too.

comparable to a religious miracle being performed in front of you. Breath taking, I suggest you try it... :wink:

My first show ever was U2 in Baltimore - Elevation Tour 2001 - I got Bono and Larry Mullen's autographs before the gig and let me tell you- it doesn't get too much better than that (Unless I had obtained the Edge's and Adam's autographs as well :wink: ). The goal, was truly, soul that night.

Last edited:
I have never been able to see U2 live either. It never fails everytime that they are on tour I end up in the hospital with a pancreas attack. I even had tickets for Popmart, and sure enough I ended up in the hospital. I also had a wish granted by the Make A Wish foundation, about 7 or 8 years ago and I wanted to meet U2, but my family had never been to Disney World, and they really wanted to go there. So I wished to go there instead, I didn't even enjoy the trip there because I didn't want that for my wish. I am really happy that there is a foundation for sick kids like the Make A wish foundation, I just really wish that I had met U2 instead.
This time if I have an attack...oh well, I will carry some pain medicine, I'll have a pic line, or something else. I don't care, I WILL see them this time. So, this tour is really important to me. I will FINALLY be able to say that I saw U2 live. I am so happy that they are touring again, the only thing that would make it even better is if they came to Paducah.:wink:

Thank you stars! :happy:

Louisville is maybe 4 hours northeast of Paducah, and is about 8 hours from Cinncinatti. Paducah is a little town known to quilters as the Quilt Capital of America.

Now I am even more anxious about going to a show!!!! Thanks for all the input!!!!

Back
Top Bottom