I have Pop on repeat...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chickadee

New Yorker
... what better way to spend a Friday night?

I'm even starting to like Miami! :O That guitar is fabulous.

I know there have been tons of topics about Pop but hey, here's another. It's just such a brilliant, original album. Some of the lyrics are so wonderful, they hit me from time to time. If God Will Send... is lyrical genius, I think. ;)

:rockon: I love Pop! The combo of Please/Wake up Dead Man in the end always gets to me...
And I love If God Will Send...!

I'm nearly there. I listen to it loads but it takes time to appreciate it all fully, I think. Actually I do like all the songs, now I like them more, hehe. :)

It's about time everyone realized that this is a fucking excellent album! It does not deserve the bad rap it gets from the media and the band themselves. It's my 2nd fav album after Achtung and I love every song here!

Okay.. here's a picture for you guys

POP%20for%20WIN95%20-%20800x600%20DESKTOP.jpg

Lol that's cool Zootlesque! I'm not sure it's my 2nd fave after AB, I don't really have one because it changes quite a lot. I love Zooropa loads as well, and JT. Hmmmm.

I've had Zooropa on repeat all day. I bought it a couple of weeks ago, and realized today I still hadn't listened to it all the way through :reject:
AB will always be my favourite, if only because it was the first album I bought :lol:

I haven't listened to U2 much lately, but I played Gone a couple of days ago and it was awesome. :up:

Pop has some wonderful songs on it, and some of my favourite U2 lyrics.

Ah Zooropa is class! Such a clever album. Nothing in the world can beat AB for me because I think it's perfection.

Oooh you mentioned Velvet Dress, that is such a hot song.

I really like Babyface. And Stay, and Numb...
Oh yeah, this thread was about Pop :lol: :reject:
Yeah, Velvet Dress is very hot... :combust:

Lol well since it's my thread I don't mind if we mention Zooropa. ;) LEMON! Can't forget Lemon! Lemon is love.

I didn't really like Lemon the first, like, fifty times I heard it, but then I saw the video, and I just fell in love! :lol:
The only track on Zooropa that I don't really like is The Wanderer, but it has the bonus of being the only U2 track my dad ever said was good :lmao: He's a Cash fan, I'm not so much... :reject:

Mmm I love Lemon. The video is brilliant though! The Wanderer is good, I like it more now, I like Johnny Cash as well though. My dad likes some U2 stuff, I think he owns JT and R&H.

My dad's music taste pretty much sticks too Cash, Elvis and Dolly Parton :lol: There are a few of their songs I like, but overall, not really my kind of music :shrug:

Zoot, I :heart: the pic :rockon:

I loved the interviews they did for Pop too

"Pop, to make or cause a small explosive sound"

and Adam's quote on the Lemon, that can fit 3 adults and 1 small child :lol:

Ive listened to POP a lot lately...I always thought it was a great album and I always will but the new stuff is great too. Thats the thing I like about U2 they have so many different styles that you can play and never get bored about...that is why they have been around so long.

Im still waiting for a POP show on DVD.

Plus Popmart was the first U2 tour I went to and it was amazing here in Edmonton....Sweet Caroline the good times never felt so good!

Achtung_Bebe said:

:ohmy:

blasphemy!!

I don't believe you :wink:

C'mon.. of course Atomic Bono doesn't hate Pop! She practically lives, breathes and has Pop for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Zootlesque said:

C'mon.. of course Atomic Bono doesn't hate Pop! She practically lives, breathes and has Pop for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

poptarts :drool:

:wink:

okay, random question, is the pitch-shift guitar on Gone the same as the 747 guitar on Mofo? Are they both 747? Just wondering.

I was even a big fan of the Edge Karaoke!

If I had a talk with the band Id tell them to play more POP songs...they did an excellent version of Discotheque relitively recently on this tour too.

Back
Top Bottom