I have Pop on repeat...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think POP's like good wine: it gets better with the years. I'm only a fan since 1998, so I can't say how it felt when the album was released, but it certainly has grown with the years for me (I got the album in '99).

The only weak tracks imho are If God..., The Playboy Mansion and Miami. Mofo rocks, Please is a prayer, Wake up dead man is so emotional, ...

Not their greatest, but all in all a great album.

Boom cha!

U2girl said:

You're missing my point.

Don't even try to pull the "poor Pop" card, the album gets more appreciation threads than all U2 albums combined.
The problem is, again, that somehow most of them end up having snide comments about ATYCLB, Bomb or both of them.

Why do you feel like you have to defend those albums? It only stirs up more shit and you know it. If the Pop threads are so predictable with their Bomb "bashing" (and I use bashing loosely here) then why do you have to read the thread when you already know what you'll find?
:huh:

*sighs and rests chin in hand*

But I was hoping this wouldn't be so predictable with ANY bashing. Bashing the last 2 albums is incredibly dull, in my opinion. I don't care if anyone likes or hates them. This is about Pop! Not Pop in relation to any other album. Just pure, brilliant, unadulterated Pop.

I've taken it off repeat now, though. Just because y'know, all that sexiness is bad for my health. I think it really is one of the sexiest albums I've ever heard.

AtomicBono said:

One slightly negative comment about Bomb. That's it. And it wasn't even trying to take a shot at Bomb, it was simply saying "hey, even though Pop is unfinished, I like the unfinished or underproduced sound more than the polished sound of albums like HTDAAB."
AtomicBono, that's completely right. That's exactly what I was trying to say by that comment. :)

AtomicBono said:
UGH, i hate pop, can we talk about something else?

In a thread that is obviously an appreciation for Pop, to ask if you can talk about something else is silly. If you wish to discuss something else, start a different thread.

U2girl said:
Ah, of course a thread about Pop can't go without taking pot shots at any/both of last two album(s).

If that's how people honestly feel though, they have a right to express their opinion. If they feel like using a comparison they believe in...they're entitled too.

WalkOn21 said:

Get a life.

Comments like that are rude, unnecessary, and not allowed.

I'm not gonna quote and reply to anymore posts made so far.

As I stated earlier...this thread is obviously an appreciation for Pop. If you aren't a big fan of Pop, this probably isn't the thread for you.

I'm so tired of so many Pop threads deteriorating. :crack: :sigh:

Can't we all just get along?

Bonochick said:

In a thread that is obviously an appreciation for Pop, to ask if you can talk about something else is silly. If you wish to discuss something else, start a different thread.

um... I believe Ms. Atomic Bono was kidding.

Bonochick, I'm sorry for starting another Pop thread. Just thought people could enter into mature appreciation for once! It was just to include myself more in discussion.

Magnolia Mountain under your name! I love that song! (You mean the song, right?)

Oh, don't apologize! Nothing wrong with starting this thread.

And it is a reference to the song...I :heart: it too, obviously. :cute:

chickadee said:
think it really is one of the sexiest albums I've ever heard.

If You Wear That Velvet Dress is pure sex.

I really want to learn to play that song.

It's silly to get upset over the casual mention of another album in this thread -- drawing associations is part of providing a frame of reference and holding a discussion. I dol agree that Pop is amazing. sexy even. :combust:

And still you have just about 2500 posts! How do you do it? :ohmy:

I had a different id between sometime in 2002 and Feb 2005. :wink:

^ weeeell I lost something like 10,000 posts back when Interference had a face-lift. Many post counts were reset, so now I don't appear to be the crack-head that I really am :happy:

What was your previous screenname?! Or is that a secret :shifty:

ETA: in order to stay on topic: POP ROCKS!! but the Interferer version of Discotheque = :drool:

When did this 'face lift' occur and why were the post counts resetted??? :ohmy: :ohmy:

btw, check your PM. :whistle:

Oh and I agree that the Interferers Discotheque is mega awesome! :drool:

u2-pop-do-you-feel-loved-4001676.jpg

Zootlesque said:

um... I believe Ms. Atomic Bono was kidding.

My apologies then. I often don't catch jokes that have no smilies. :wink: :laugh:

Achtung_Bebe said:

It's silly to get upset over the casual mention of another album in this thread -- drawing associations is part of providing a frame of reference and holding a discussion.

:up:

ha! this thread got rediculous, all because one person who just can't handle being wrong.

Pop rules.

^ My second favourite U2 album, or maybe first, when I'm in the mood. It's INCREDIBLE, my sister got hooked on U2 through Discotheque... it's quite funny, she knows all the words now! :wink:

Zootlesque said:

I had a different id between sometime in 2002 and Feb 2005. :wink:

what was it? now I'm curious...:wink:

I've been lurking since 2001 or so and I had a couple different usernames but I don't think I ever got beyond like 50 posts with them... mostly I lurked in PLEBA...elevation tour :angel:

Discotheque is my JAM. It's the song that got me into U2. So that's probably the main reason why Pop is my favourite album...I listened to it back in '97 and never really stopped listening to it since!

Here's my take on Pop: For U2 i feel it isn't really up to par--it's one of those albums that lacks in that majority of the songs don't quite kick ass as opposed say JT or AB (or ATYCLB as far as i'm concerned). Having said that when you compare the album to most any other artist's lackluster album Pop is better because U2 is U2 : relevance, honesty, rawness and beauty all at the same time--who else can do it? This makes up for a little shall we say unsettling? experimentation.:love:

I love Pop's edginess :wink: sexiness and playfulness: Do you feel loved, gone and angels and velvet dress are some of my fave u2 toons.

Last edited:
Achtung_Bebe said:
The post count reset was sometime in 2002. I found this thread on the topic (it's the only one I could find) :
:

I think the same thing happened to me, I reregistered

Back
Top Bottom