I have Pop on repeat...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
doctorwho said:

So I bought "OK Computer". That album is the biggest pile of crap ever!

:huh:

You're calling Paranoid Android, Let Down, Karma Police and No Surprises a pile of crap?

:tsk:

:coocoo:

OK, a green one :wink:. But I honestly don't understand you :shrug:

Last edited:
I use this tracklisting to listen to Pop, and I really love it:

Godzilla
1 // MoFo
2 // Discotheque
3 // Do You Feel Loved
4 // If God Will Send His Angels (Single)
5 // Staring at the Sun
6 // Last Night on Earth
7 // Gone (Mike Hedges Mix)
8 // Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
9 // Miami
10 // The Playboy Mansion
11 // If You Wear That Velvet Dress
12 // North and South of the River
13 // Please (Single)

you all prly think I'm crazy for having The Playboy Mansion over Wake Up Dead Man, but I think WUDM is meandering and dull after the first verse. Whereas PB Mansion starts out trudgy but gets better and better as it goes on.

WalkOn21 said:

You do realize that it's you who turns this in 'one of those threads', don't you? No one took my remark as HTDAAB-bashing, but you insist on making a fuzz about it.

Get a life.

Exactly! I've noticed that the bickering in these threads always starts only after U2girl has posted.

LemonMacPhisto said:
you all prly think I'm crazy for having The Playboy Mansion over Wake Up Dead Man, but I think WUDM is meandering and dull after the first verse. Whereas PB Mansion starts out trudgy but gets better and better as it goes on.

While I agree that Playboy starts poorly and gets much better later, I cannot excuse the exclusion of Wake Up Dead Man! :wink:

It's such a great song, a desperate plea to right all the wrong in the world. The song blew me away the first time I listened to it with all those layered sounds. Great lyrics too!

Zootlesque said:

Exactly! I've noticed that the bickering in these threads always starts only after U2girl has posted.

KILT

U2Man...don't forget about Climbing Up the Walls :drool: one of my favourite Radiohead songs ever

still, Pop > OKC

Pop > you

Zootlesque said:

Um no, a lot less fights would start if threads about Pop didn't end up having shots at Bomb.

AtomicBono said:

EXTREME!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

my xtreme view of Pop is that it's the best album ever made by anyone

Good for you. Then there is no need to freak out over others who think differently.

Last edited:
U2girl said:

Good for you. Then there is no need to freak out over others who think differently.

did I freak out? I don't think so. This is basically a Pop appreciation thread, so I just stated my opinion. I didn't say you had to change yours. But you could change your attitude.

U2girl said:

Um no, a lot less fights would start if threads about Pop didn't end up having shots at Bomb.

really? I'd like to know all the shots that were taken at Bomb in this thread. Show me.

U2girl said:
WOO EXTREME and KILLT responses weren't freaking out? Yeah right.

I say WOOOO EXTREME all the time. It's all in the Mountain Dew. Whenever anyone says "extreme," I feel inclined to point it out. I'm just an xtreme individual. If you can't handle it, maybe you've been drinking too much Mello Yello.

As for the other remark, it's true. There was one slightly negative comment about HTDAAB that wasn't even bad at all and you freaked out. no one was going "OMG HTDAAB BASHERS" til you came in here.

AtomicBono said:

I say WOOOO EXTREME all the time. It's all in the Mountain Dew. Whenever anyone says "extreme," I feel inclined to point it out. I'm just an xtreme individual. If you can't handle it, maybe you've been drinking too much Mello Yello.

As for the other remark, it's true. There was one slightly negative comment about HTDAAB that wasn't even bad at all and you freaked out. no one was going "OMG HTDAAB BASHERS" til you came in here.

I don't see how I should handle something I wasn't aware of, as I don't know you in person. Mello Yello? change your attitude.

That is my point! Why does a Pop thread have to have a negative comment about Bomb? Or, for that matter, any thread that isn't actually about Bomb? It happens all the time.

Last edited:
U2girl said:

I don't see how I should handle something I wasn't aware of, as I don't know you in person. Mello Yello? change your attitude.

That is my point! Why does a Pop thread have to have a negative comment about Bomb?

the person who said the comment about HTDAAB wasn't trying to bash HTDAAB, just refuting the widely-held opinion that Pop sucks because it's underproduced/unfinished. No one ever said "Pop is great, HTDAAB is terrible," just "I'd take Pop over HTDAAB." God forbid anyone like Pop better than HTDAAB, or state such in a thread praising Pop.

Hey if you drink Mello Yello that's on you...not everyone can be xtreme enough to Do the Dew.

AtomicBono said:

the person who said the comment about HTDAAB wasn't trying to bash HTDAAB, just refuting the widely-held opinion that Pop sucks because it's underproduced/unfinished. No one ever said "Pop is great, HTDAAB is terrible," just "I'd take Pop over HTDAAB." God forbid anyone like Pop better than HTDAAB, or state such in a thread praising Pop.

You're missing my point.

Don't even try to pull the "poor Pop" card, the album gets more appreciation threads than all U2 albums combined.
The problem is, again, that somehow most of them end up having snide comments about ATYCLB, Bomb or both of them.

U2girl said:

You're missing my point.

Don't even try to pull the "poor Pop" card, the album gets more appreciation threads than all U2 albums combined.
The problem is, again, that somehow most of them end up having snide comments about ATYCLB, Bomb or both of them.

SHOW ME THESE SUPPOSEDLY SNIDE COMMENTS. because I'm not seeing them. not in this thread. and I don't know what you mean by "poor Pop" card, but is it not true that one of the main arguements against Pop even from the band itself is that it was unfinished?

ahhh, the internet. serious business.

AtomicBono said:

SHOW ME THESE SUPPOSEDLY SNIDE COMMENTS. because I'm not seeing them. not in this thread. and I don't know what you mean by "poor Pop" card, but is it not true that one of the main arguements against Pop even from the band itself is that it was unfinished?

ahhh, the internet. serious business.

You saw them a minute ago when you acknowledged there was a negative comment about Bomb.

I mean I don't see your "no one is allowed to like Pop over Bomb" point when in fact the appreciation threads keep appearing.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "unfinished" argument...? I think even biggest Pop fans will agree the production isn't perfect, but in contrast to Bomb it isn't such a crime.

U2girl said:

You saw them a minute ago when you acknowledged there was a negative comment about Bomb.

I mean I don't see your "no one is allowed to like Pop over Bomb" point when in fact the appreciation threads keep appearing.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "unfinished" argument...? I think even biggest Pop fans will agree the production isn't perfect, but in contrast to Bomb it isn't such a crime.

One slightly negative comment about Bomb. That's it. And it wasn't even trying to take a shot at Bomb, it was simply saying "hey, even though Pop is unfinished, I like the unfinished or underproduced sound more than the polished sound of albums like HTDAAB." It's just an opinion. Not saying that HTDAAB is bad. Just that one is better than the other.

I don't even know what the rest of your post means.

I'm gonna go skateboard while jumping off a cliff or something. XTREME.

Back
Top Bottom