I have corrected 2 of U2's greatest sins.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
1st, Discotheque. The album version, sans terrible "BoomChas".

http://s54.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=1TE83M6Y6M7GO3D2Z73GIFXJPD

2nd, Elevation. It always wanted to be funk/rock, now it is. 2/3 funk, 1/3 rock.

http://s55.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=23KTY0X9JTCN11V6Q2P7SKH9T9

Can you conjure up an instrumental version of "Electrical Storm?" (You'll have to do it fast, before someone eviscerates you for de-boom-chaing "Discotheque.")

I'm working on it.

I'll deal with the "BoomCha" lovers by putting together a 22 minute mix of only "BoomChas."

Last edited:
The "Discotheque" sucked, though, so I guess you broke even.

MrBrau1 said:
1st, Discotheque. The album version, sans terrible "BoomChas".

http://s54.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=1TE83M6Y6M7GO3D2Z73GIFXJPD

2nd, Elevation. It always wanted to be funk/rock, now it is. 2/3 funk, 1/3 rock.

http://s55.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=23KTY0X9JTCN11V6Q2P7SKH9T9

Forgive me, but I haven't listened to your creations yet. But I thought the 90's "Best Of" album removed the "terrible BoomChas" (which I actually rather like).

But I'm really writing for another reason.

I love the new beginning of "Elevation" U2 does live now. However, I abhor the more brief ending (which is just more "oooh-oooh's").

If possible, I'd like to combine the new intro. U2 does for "Elevation" all the way through to the point where the song nearly ends. Then add the "jubilation, elevation, escalation, etc." ending that U2 did for this song in the last tour. In other words, combine the funking beginning now with the exhilirating ending U2 did before.

Can you do this? Of course, this is all live - not studio. So you'd have to find good live versions of the songs to match the audience as best as you can. Pehaps the Boston DVD from the last tour with the Chicago DVD from this tour?

MrBrau1 said:
I'm working on it.

I'll deal with the "BoomCha" lovers by putting together a 22 minute mix of only "BoomChas."
LOLL 22 minutes! hahahhah

GREAT job on elevation, i LOVE it =)

Last edited:
Wow, great job on the mixes... esp. the Elevation one!!! :applaud: I've gotten even more curious as to how this is done? What is the equipment or software you use? And some of the vocals here sound different from the album version. How the hell did you do that? :huh:

Okay, about your mixes:

1. I liked the first Discotheque mix up until the missing boom chas! Just repeating Discotheque until fade does not work at all. :tsk: And the part on the album version where the bass kicks in real heavy like midway thru the boomchas fucking kicks ass :combust: and cannot be removed from the song! No!!!

2. Elevation sounds awesome here!!! very Beatlesque circa 1966 Revolver! It's like a different song. It IS a tad busy on the production as the song progresses but definitely more interesting than the album version.

3. I like the falsetto intro a lot on the 2nd Discotheque mix. Now if it faded into the guitar attack intro, that would be even better! :drool: And the boomchas make the perfect ending along with the meaty bass outro! :combust:

Why do some of you hate the boomchas anyway??? I don't get it. It's just a word 'boomcha' and it so much fun to sing along to!!! :mad:

Zootlesque said:
Wow, great job on the mixes... esp. the Elevation one!!! :applaud: I've gotten even more curious as to how this is done? What is the equipment or software you use? And some of the vocals here sound different from the album version. How the hell did you do that? :huh:

Okay, about your mixes:

1. I liked the first Discotheque mix up until the missing boom chas! Just repeating Discotheque until fade does not work at all. :tsk: And the part on the album version where the bass kicks in real heavy like midway thru the boomchas fucking kicks ass :combust: and cannot be removed from the song! No!!!

2. Elevation sounds awesome here!!! very Beatlesque circa 1966 Revolver! It's like a different song. It IS a tad busy on the production as the song progresses but definitely more interesting than the album version.

3. I like the falsetto intro a lot on the 2nd Discotheque mix. Now if it faded into the guitar attack intro, that would be even better! :drool: And the boomchas make the perfect ending along with the meaty bass outro! :combust:

Why do some of you hate the boomchas anyway??? I don't get it. It's just a word 'boomcha' and it so much fun to sing along to!!! :mad:

All I've done is swap endings on all of these.

Elevation is the Influx Mix, until the bridge, where I pasted in the Tomb Raider Mix.

Discotheque w/o Boomchas is the album version, until the outro, where I pasted in the New Mix outro.

Discotheque w/ Boomchas is the New Mix, until the outro, where I pasted in the Album Version outro.

All I used was SoundStudio, and tapping my tinger to keep time.

I tried mixing the Acoustic Stuck in A Moment with the album version, but they have some different accents on the chords, so even when the time was perfect it sounded screwed up.

Last edited:
MrBrau1 – Excellent idea and job combining the Influx Mix with the Tomb Raider Mix.

Doctorwho has an interesting idea of combining the first half of the Chicago DVD Elevation with the last half of the Boston DVD version. Consider giving that one a try.

A few years ago, the infamous J did make a mix of the album and acoustic versions of Stuck. I thought it came out well. Here’s a link for it:

http://s52.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=3EMHJ5YF5W3AZ2ERT262FUO3X6

I made a mix called Vertigo (The Influx Mix) which just takes about the first 55 seconds of the Jacknife Lee Mix of Vertigo and pasting it in front of Vertigo. I thought of while thinking of Vertigo as the album opener and it just needing a little something to make it somewhat similar to Streets and Zooropa.

http://s52.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=01O50D8LNOCYE1M10L16YA69Q9

Nice job Brau this builds up much better than the album version, the transitions are smooth and it works better as a segmented song, IMO. BTW, what is the influx mix? was it a b-side?

Great job Mr. Brau! :up: I really like the Elevation mix and the Best of Discotheque with the Boom Chas! :drool:

You know, Jick was amazingly annoying and irritating but that mix is fucking brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom