I have been double charged for my U2.com membership

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
And FanFire appears to have no record of this. I sent an e-mail to the U2.com people. FanFire said to wait until Wednesday. I want my $40 back...:rant:

Anyone else have the same problem?

Me too! I used my Prop code to get my 50% discount, and then Fanfire didn't process the credit card until a few days ago. I was checking my statement last night and noticed that they had charged me double. :mad:

Techie, do you have a copy of the invoice that was emailed to you when you signed up for the membership?

Yep. I was double charged a few days ago. I called them tonight and after taking some info as to why I was calling, the lady says, "our computers are down, please call back tomorrow, thank you, bye"

:mad:

Yeah I have a copy of my invoice and umm for some reason they e-mailed me my discount code for the U2.com shop 9 times (and I am not exaggerating). I called them and also sent an e-mail. Still no credit back to my account yet. If I don't have a credit by Wednesday I'm calling them again.

i remember way back in the day i ordered fly shades through them.

oh, they got the money order alright, but did i ever get my shades? of course not.

so i emailed cecilia coffee LITERALLY 50 times, asking her what the deal was and she said "hold on" or "we'll see what we can do". what a shithead, she was of no help at all.

I was just checking my statement over the phone last night.

I got charged $40 two times over 2 different days back in mid-December (when I joined up). One time it said it was at a "specialty store", the other $40 the next day was charged to a "record shop". I wasn't at a record shop that day and even if I was, my total would never have come to $40 even. :angry:

Those mother:censored:'s charged me twice.

I'm glad I haven't signed up (I couldn't even if I wanted to, because I haven't got a credit card... Have they ever thought about that by the way? That there are loads of people that don't have a credit card??)

eep said:
Yep. I was double charged a few days ago. I called them tonight and after taking some info as to why I was calling, the lady says, "our computers are down, please call back tomorrow, thank you, bye"

:mad:

How convenient... :rolleyes:

At this point I really have a lot of faith in getting tickets through them. :mad:

The sad part is, it's not like we have any choice. Unless you know someone who works for the like arena or ticketmaster or whoever is distributing tickets, it'll probably hard to get decent seats any other way.

They have about 24 hours to credit my card before I call them up and read them the riot act. I'll let everyone know how that goes...

I think the whole thing is a sham anyway. Seriously, it's bullshít from the band to expect fans to pay $20 to have "first choice" over tickets. I am a big a U2 fan as any, but in this case I've got to say that they are completely contradicting their so-called ideals. I mean think how much the band/record label have already made from the loyal fans... now they're asking for even more!

I for one will not buying membership that's for sure!!

I'm worried about all the credit card information this outfit has from the fans. What if they crash and have to enter everyone's info by hand again? You could very well be charged all over.
Man this is scary. I'm still holding out untill I see something more positive about fanfire. :| I'll just have to take my chances of getting tickets by other means. :eyebrow:

This is great news. U2 are making money off their site and charging twice. It is quite a controversial yet novel way to speed up and maximize profits. U2 are definitely shrewd businessmen so I am not surprised at this development.

Cheers,

J

I don't think it's U2 that is making the money, I think that's its Fanfire.

Personally, I would love to know what the arrangement between Fanfire & U2 was, but somehow Fanfire must get paid. Either they were paid a flat fee for their service or they are receiving a portion of the funds made from each membership/item sold.

Either way, I'm thinking Fanfire made some sort of presentation to PM regarding the services they offer and PM seemed to have been sold by it. Unfortunately, Fanfire misrepresented the level of their service because as far as I'm concerned it sucks.

I will absolutely not give one cent of my money to this enterprise. I, too, was very disappointed in the band--I mean, for heaven's sakes, I've already seen them twice, own the whole discography, bought T-shirts and such when I went to see them last...$40 is an awful lot of money for just a *chance* to see them.

eBay is probably more reliable. :| Or I'll probably check out TotalTickets (the people we have the banner for).

I was recently charged double too for my (Prop) U2.com membership and still never received the 25% merchandise coupon.

I called and they said they would fix it.

Goody for saving my email with the invoice number which by the way says $20.

That's a good idea mkjc.. if anyone has any thoughts on that please share because this is ridiculous.

Hmmm, I recently ordered hiking sandals from teva.com and was charged over $65 TWICE even though my item went "out of stock" right after I ordered, surprise surprise. I had to cancel the order b/c I need the sandals this week, but when I called and asked about the double charge, they said it was a "pre-authorization charge" and the second one would disappear as soon as the charge on my card went through. Maybe the membership does the same thing?

http://complaints.bbb.org/welcome2.asp is the Better Business Bereau's complaint site. If I don't get resolution from Fanfire tomorrow I'm going through them. I don't think I can dispute the second charge with my card company since I used a Check Card.

LiveLuvAndBootlegMusic, I know what you're talking about and that defintely didn't happen here. On my card, the pre-authorization charges show the money as unavailable in the account, but not as a charge that has gone through. My account shows two charges that have gone through. So its defintely not that.

Hewson said:
When you charge everyone double for an already overpriced service its easy...major profitability.

Yes, I realized that as soon as I posted. What I meant was that a company which is so unreliable should not be in business in the first place.

To whoever mentioned the BBB, I thought about this awhile ago, but I was not sure about how that worked in the U.S.

I'm going to call my credit card company tomorrow to see if they can reverse the charges as I'm not at all interested in a membership anymore. If that doesn't work, I'll be filing a complaint with the BBB.

Back
Top Bottom