I have been double charged for my U2.com membership

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to sign up immediately but so many people have had problems I've been put off..

It's always terrifying trying to by tickets along with the public. I think I'm going to risk it.

I know it's a long way off, but are you lot prepared to pay subscription during years the band isn't touring, just to get the downloads & all access to the site.?

They charged me 40.00 on 12/26 and I haven't called yet, I was hoping they would get all the propaganda members refunded with 20.00 eventually. :sigh: I suppose I really need to make the call or email to them. :banghead:

Oh and no I haven't received anything by mail, since signing up.

EPandAmerica said:
They charged me 40.00 on 12/26 and I haven't called yet, I was hoping they would get all the propaganda members refunded with 20.00 eventually. :sigh: I suppose I really need to make the call or email to them. :banghead:

Oh and no I haven't received anything by mail, since signing up.

I would call!

Why would they bother refunding you if they don't know!

I had to call twice because I wanted to know what the heck they were doing about it. Frankly, they are clueless. The lady mentioned that I probably put the code in wrong. Hello, I have the invoice which says 20 on it.

My advice is to call them, just they have a note of it. You shouldn't rely on them to fix the mistake.

Well...I got my credit card statement couple of days ago...so far they've put thro 5 charges to my credit card...for 3 different amounts (1 x $32, 2 x $40 & 2 x $45)...all in December.

I can probably account for the 2 $40 charges, but God knows what the other 3 relate to...they certainly don't obviously relate to the t-shirts I order back on 2nd Dec and have yet to receive :huh:

But the good news is, I wasn't a Prop member, so I haven't had any trouble with the 50% discount :huh: :wink:

Anyone want to bet that I'll get a reply to my email asking about the unaccounted for charges?. I only want to call them as a last resort as I've heard that the customer service number is premium-rate outside US :sad:

I emailed the sbently person from the other thread and got a response right away. The 20.00 credit was processed on Jan 9th.

So I really do think they are working on all the problems, and they are aware of the double / over charges.

Well i just got my bill today and instead of paying 20$ they charged me $40 ...which comes to 50$$ Canadian :mad: ...can't anyone get anything right?! over there...sheesh:huh:

kellyahern said:
Has anyone gotten their membership card yet? Not that it's important, but weren't they supposed to send us something in the mail? :confused:

I signed up almost 6 weeks ago and haven't received anything. My credit card hasn't been charged yet, but I have access to the Membership site. I've been watching my mail closely and haven't received the card yet either. :scratch:

lmjhitman said:

I signed up almost 6 weeks ago and haven't received anything. My credit card hasn't been charged yet, but I have access to the Membership site. I've been watching my mail closely and haven't received the card yet either. :scratch:

Same here.
I signed up in early december or whenever it was first possible to. I have not received an email or been charged yet. Also I cannot work out how to email them and ask them for information. Does anyone know how???

EPandAmerica said:
I emailed the sbently person from the other thread and got a response right away. The 20.00 credit was processed on Jan 9th.

So I really do think they are working on all the problems, and they are aware of the double / over charges.

They are aware of the problem because of all of us calling and harassing them about it.

It's good that you were credited the money back.

But the customer reps have no clue. Also it took them two weeks after I called them to fix it.

Still, I have not received my 25% off coupon. What do I have to do to get my damn coupon!!!

This is absolutely disgusting. :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

I was charged $40, too, when I should have been charged $20. No one is answering my emails; I will start calling today.

This is just a disgrace. What a horrible disservice this website does to U2. :down:

oliveu2cm said:
This is absolutely disgusting. :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

I was charged $40, too, when I should have been charged $20. No one is answering my emails; I will start calling today.

This is just a disgrace. What a horrible disservice this website does to U2. :down:

Don't waste a lot of your time. Send the email to sbentley, that person seems to be the only one that resolves things on the spot.

Back
Top Bottom