I have a question. How often does Bono go on Zootopia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Is there any members on here that are or was registered on zootopia? Does Bono or any other band member register on that site? And if they do, do they not make them self sound as if they're really a U2 band member? Please someone answer these questions.

back in 2000 sometime i think, when they were on the press circuit for atyclb. it was quite the excitement.

When Edge was asked on tour in 2001 he had no clue what Interference was. Also, Edge didnt bring up Interference in 2000, Elvis indicated he asked him about it and Elvis said that Edge said he knew what it was. So take that for what its worth.

Regarding Zootopia, "supposedly" Bono posted one time at the very beginning of the board in 2001. I think Sysop even confirmed it was him. But that was it and even that seemed kind of dubious to me.

The odds of any band member checking in on Inteference are large IMO. The odds of them posting here is astronomical. I think the same could be said for Zootopia. But since it is the official board they are way more likely to do it there over Interference. Also, in the unlikely event that they did post, I doudbt they would even let you know it was them.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
When Edge was asked on tour in 2001 he had no clue what Interference was. Also, Edge didnt bring up Interference in 2000, Elvis indicated he asked him about it and Elvis said that Edge said he knew what it was. So take that for what its worth.

Blue room, I guess you missed my last post in this thread

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82940

or chose to ignore it ;)

Sicy,

No, I didnt choose to ignore it. But when Edge was asked a less than a year later he had no clue what Interference was. This seems very odd coming from someone who supposedly is so familiar with it. So I'am pointing out that the odds of him visiting here are VERY small. I think they were just familiar with what some of the sites were at that time but that doesnt mean they were visiting and I highly doubdt they did. I have no doubdt that there are people within the organization that do periodically check the net. But not the band themselves. But if you guys want to believe that delusion I'am sure Elvis will be happy to let you think that.

Dont get me wrong though, this is the best U2 board out there. But I can guarantee you that the Interference link is not saved on Edge's favorites LOL :)

Last edited:
hm...I thought I had a soundbyte of Edge saying something about Interference. I thought it was he and Adam, and someone asked about good U2 websites or something.....

Edit: maybe Edge said he didn't know what Interference was b/c he didn't feel like talking about it? Like when I babysit annoying little kids and they ask questions over and over, eventually I pretend not to know the answers. So maybe they get sick of fans asking/telling them to post on message boards?

Last edited:
Well I know what Edge sounds like, and that was his voice mentioning interference as a good fan site, so I dont know how you can argue with that :) I am not saying they hang out here.. lol. But they do know what Interference is and I am sure they have at least visited a couple times.

I can email the file to anyone that wants it.. sicy@interference.com

Sicy said:
Well I know what Edge sounds like, and that was his voice mentioning interference as a good fan site, so I dont know how you can argue with that :) I am not saying they hang out here.. lol. But they do know what Interference is and I am sure they have at least visited a couple times.

yay, I'm NOT crazy after all!

Leeloo said:
I would be sure they'd lurk, why not?

Because they dont have the time to be bothered with it. They are either recording, on tour, or spending time with their families.

Just a couple of things.

#1) I KNOW for a fact it was not an Edge didnt want to be bothered situation in 2001. None of you were there nor do you know the context or location of the conversation. If you could have seen the puzzling look on Edge's face you would be have the same view point as I do on this subject. His reaction was, "Is that some type of fanzine?"

#2) I'am not saying it is impossible that Edge or even another member has looked at the site before. I can guarantee you that they are not browsing the forums though and they are definately not posting. Now, if you were saying he popped into a chat room, that would be much more believable. Then again, you would never know if any of them did.

#3) Does it even matter whether or not they are visiting? Even if they were they would not let you know it. What would it change? Would people do the kiss up fest if they thought they were here? This is the best board for U2 on the net, it shouldnt matter either way.

Believe what you want, I cant convince any of you obviously. If it makes you feel better or something to think they are browsing the forums then great. I'am just approaching it from a realistic perspective with first hand knowledge based on what one particular band member said when asked about this place. It was more recent than the soundbyte that Sicy keeps showing as some form of proof. Who knows, maybe after it was brought up in 2001 Edge went and checked out Interference!! LOL ;) I'am just saying it is extremely doubdtful.

Last edited:
I don't care whether or not they browse the forum. I sure wouldn't if I were them. But I've HEARD Edge mention Interference when asked about good fansites so that makes it hard to believe he honestly has NO idea of its existence.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I don't care whether or not they browse the forum. I sure wouldn't if I were them. But I've HEARD Edge mention Interference when asked about good fansites so that makes it hard to believe he honestly has NO idea of its existence.

OK, other than Sicy's soundbyte from Oct 2000 do you have any other information that Edge mentioned Interference? Or are you basing all of your info on one quote that was said over 3 years ago? If you have specifics that are more recent I will be more than happy to concede the point. When it was asked in 2001 I was actually hoping he would say he had been here or visited. That was why it was asked. I guess by your response you think I'am a liar and thats fine I have been called worse on the net. ;)

Also, I never said he didnt know it existed. He just wasnt familiar enough with it to recognize what it was off hand just by name. That tells me he hadnt been here very often if at all.

Honestly, do you think Edge is checking out Interference? I'am not trying to stir some huge debate here. Some people post like they think he is a frequent browser or visits all the time and I dont buy that for a second. I have never said flat out there is no way they have been here before. I'am just saying they have not been here often if they have been here at all. Thats all.

i search google for my own damn name from time to time... and i'm not famous.

do the band members post here? maybe... probably not... but maybe. all i know is that if there were message boards like this dedicated to me, i'd certainly go on it from time to time and post annonymously... just to mess with people.

and anyone who's seen any of the "making of" videos... wether it's the unforgettable fire or the joshua tree... sees how mind numblingly boring making an album can be at times. so i'm sure someone like the edge, who is supposed to be this big technology/internet buff, scans through all this mindless drivel from time to time.

just think about yourself... if you had something like this dedicated to YOU, would you check it out from time to time? there in lies the answer...

Blue Room said:
OK, other than Sicy's soundbyte from Oct 2000 do you have any other information that Edge mentioned Interference? Or are you basing all of your info on one quote that was said over 3 years ago? If you have specifics that are more recent I will be more than happy to concede the point. When it was asked in 2001 I was actually hoping he would say he had been here or visited. That was why it was asked. I guess by your response you think I'am a liar and thats fine I have been called worse on the net. ;)

I never called you a liar. I've always considered you one of the most knowledgeable and credible posters here....way to jump to conclusion. But yes, I will believe that Edge knows of Interference and that it's a good fansite because he said so himeself. That doesn't mean I think he lurks here or posts secretly and I'm all excited about that, whatever. I believe he commented on it in 2001 as wll. I don't believe he posts or has ever posted here and I can easily believe he couldn't care less about this site.

Sorry, but you indicated that you have trouble believing what was said in 2001. That to me indicated you really didnt believe it. So I guess I misunderstood your post.

Like I said, I'am not trying to start trouble and honestly I dont even really care about this topic all that much. (So why do I keep posting on it??? LOL). I just was trying to give a different perspective on the situation based on what I know.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
Sorry, but you indicated that you have trouble believing what was said in 2001. That to me indicated you really didnt believe it. So I guess I misunderstood your post.

I don't not believe what was said in 2001, I believe he said something, but what it was, I don't know. I wasn't there, so I'm not sure if Edge said he'd never heard of Interference, or just said he never posted there. I DO believe he knows of Interference, b/c that I HAVE heard him say. If in 2001 he said he'd never heard of Interference, I wouldn't believe HIM, but I'd still believe he said it. I don't think you or anyone else would have reason to make up something like that.

Also, we know Bono knows of Interference, or PLEBA at least. He may not know what exactly it is or have visited here, but he knows PLEBA exists.

This is such a dumb argument lol. U2 knows what Interference is, bottom line. How could they not. We are the biggest U2 fan site in the world. Whether or not they come here, who knows?? Yes they're busy but it doesnt mean they never surf the web. They are not doing something band related every second of the day.

Everyone has their own thoughts on this I suppose. It could probably be argued for eons.

good lord.

For shits sake... I was fucking invited by the band/mgmt/label when I got to hang out...

obviously in my original story 'elvis meets u2' I couldnt tell ALL the details.... I told the story from a fans experience, and I'm not at liberty to discuss the rest.

Believe what you want, none of you can claim KNOWledge of what edge, or bono, or otherwise do or dont do unless you're them.

As far as mgmt... they've been reading this site over the past week (due to all the album rumors), and yes... I KNOW this... and NO I can't give you the logs or everyone and there mother with a fansite will be trying to track them too.

This entire thread is going nowhere.

Edge is supposadly an internet geek too, read in an interview he spends hours on the net a day, or at least he did during the elevation tour.

how could he not know interference?

Elvis said:
good lord.

Believe what you want, none of you can claim KNOWledge of what edge, or bono, or otherwise do or dont do unless you're them.

As far as mgmt... they've been reading this site over the past week (due to all the album rumors), and yes... I KNOW this... and NO I can't give you the logs or everyone and there mother with a fansite will be trying to track them too.

This entire thread is going nowhere.

I agree on both points, this means you dont know what they are thinking either. Also, I indicated that I have no problem believing people within the organization check out what is going on with the net. So I dont know how anything I have said here really flies in the face of what most of you are saying.

I also agree that this post is going nowhere and I did not intend to make it a debate. SORRY

I think they are too busy with other things than to scoop internet sites dedicated to them on a regular basis.

But I believe they (or Edge, at least, being the technology geek) have heard of this site and it's likely someone from U2's organisation looked here now and then.

I agree with all of the posts. I have one more thing to ask and this thread can be through. Does Bono visit or post on Zootopia?

someone here while in dublin, im pretty sure mullengirl, talked to bono and asked if he knew what pleba was, his response was "scary girls," and i dont know if there is a better description of pleba than that, so they probably know of interference.

I agree with all of the posts. I have one more thing to ask and this thread can be through. Does Bono visit or post on Zootopia?

Maybe you should ask Zootopia this question? :der:

Back
Top Bottom