I hate HTDAAB because it is JT part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

No, but your father smelt of elderberries!

Have I mentioned that your mother was an onion?

Re: In A Little QWhile - I think that's one of Bono's best vocals.

Correction: HTDAAB is JT part 7.

Ever since U2 released JT, every album of theirs has been measured against this masterpiece and U2 has always used it as a bar and reference point for all their succeeding albums. Every U2 album after JT had obvious JT influences.

So RH is JT2. AB is JT3. Z is JT4. Pop is JT5. ATYCLB is JT6.

On a side note, I have a karaoke of WOWY somewhere and when I play it I sing Miracle Drug over it. The JT influence surely is obvious.

Cheers,

J

HTTAAB is JT pt II? I think not. If only Bono could write songs like One Tree Hill at this point :drool: :drool: :drool:

i hate when people say that u2 are too old...
look, Bono still CAN sing, listen to him live...
example? just compare the studio and live ver. of elevation or beautiful day...Bono still can sing like nobody else, mayby he just needs 60, 000 people to bring something out in his singing:)

So if he sounds strained and scratchy - it's intentional. The same is true on songs like "One" and "Beautiful Day" - both about people who have nothing or lost everything (hence the strain), but are finding hope and redemption nonetheless.

Oh, no way! I don't see any strain in his voice on One or BD. Maybe it was intentional on IALW, I don't know but..

Dalton said:
Come on it is the same guitar riffs over and over again. U2 are really going down hill. A good band changes its sounds to make a good album. The songs on HTDAAB are not original they are just rehashed pop songs.

U2 should have made an album with more wah peddal noises. U2 should use more distortion and different lyrics.

U2 should have written Actung Baby part 2 ......

Morons.:censored:

I'd like to see you be as succesful as them :madspit: Obviously what they do great since they're so famous!

MrBrau1 said:

He is. He's older. As time passes, things change. People have a real hard time with this, the fact that things don't stay the same forever. I'n not on you in particular, but people who expect him to sound like he did in 1985 are insane.

FTR- I think he sounds great. I like the strain. I've always been more impressed w/ Bono's effort, rather than the result. People who want perfect singing should listen to Celine Dion.
:applaud:

Older and wiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom