I Hate Bono and Larry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:
Are you planning on opening a roller skating rink?

"Next skate is an all skate!" (cue Hammond organ)

:wink:

No, I want to play at hockey games. :wink:

I think we should band together and audition to be in U2. With our musical wherewithall, we could introduce some fresh blood into the mix.

:wink:

Diemen said:

I've been playing piano off and on for awhile. In my teens, I had a neighbor who had one, and I'd play it. Though at the time I had no idea what I was doing. Emphasis on the "playing" part. Then in college I had to re-learn how to read music. That's when I sorta did self-taught piano out of a book. Learned it when I was 8 or so, but forgot it.

My mom had an acoustic guitar, and as a kid, I would always try to play it when she wasn't home. Didn't want us to touch it. :mad: Probably why I didn't develop any sort of appreciation for music until my teens. Now I know it's because changing the strings was a pain for her, that's why she didn't want us to play with it. Oddly enough, I always gravitated towards the fattest strings on it.

I took up bass, because of Adam. The sound, the way he plays, and if Patrick Pfeiffer says it's cool that I was inspired by him, that's good enough for me. I'd practice more but working 42 hours a week, not much time for it. Curse you college debt!

/OT

Er, I can't hate anyone I don't know personally. As long as U2 stay away from the keytar, exploring other instrumentation would be interesting.

Wonder if they'd ever explore traditional Irish instruments again. The pipes and whistles.

My bf bought a violin a while agi and I decided to give it a whirl. Dude, the first time I played it, it was pure hell! :lol:

But I really like it, so I think I'll try to learn as much as possible.

I really envy yous, you all seem to be pretty gifted in the music department.

Ralphie said:
Didn't your kindergarten teacher ever give you her stern 'teacher look', wag a finger at you, and give you the 'hate is a strong word, young lady' speech? I guess I always thought of it as being reserved for people who are somewhat evil. Maniacal dictators and whatnot, you know the type. Just idle curiousity, what did Larry do to make you hate him? I'm envisioning a scenario where he cut you off in traffic while screaming "Larry Mullen Band foreveeeer!", but maybe it's just past my bedtime.

:lol:!

I'm crossing threads here, but . . . .

for Seinfeld they had 2 absolute rules for the show: 1) No hugging. 2) No learning.

So maybe for the next album, U2 should implement an absolute rule of their own: No 4/4 time signatures.

That way, when they're in the studio jamming and Larry starts to go into 4/4 time, Bono can scream into the microphone:

"No 4/4 for you. NEXT!"

Last edited:
You know, if I'd listened to Drowning Man more than once a year, I'd probably have known that.

Back
Top Bottom