I had a joint birthday party last Saturday and....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
IT WAS FANTASTIC! (As MAD1 would say "FECKING FANTASTIC! lol!)

it was in a pub near Oxford Circus called Slug & Lettuce and had well over 60 odd people at the party! woohoo! I shared the party with two others who had birthdays the same month to save the costs (it costs us ?100 - about $150 to hire the entire upstairs bar and can hold up to 80 or more people) and it was even better that way cos I got to meet some new faces at the party! So that was cool! Plus I got quite pissed in the process too! LOVELY!
biggrin.gif

Afterwards we all went to Soho to try and get into a bar for a few more drinks. After several places we eventually found one and stayed there till 3am! LOVELY! Then I eventually got home and slumped onto my bed at 5am! Phew!

Hey what about you interferencers? Did you ever have a big party for your birthday? If so what was the biggest one you had or the best one you had? Maybe some of you are a bit shy of having parties which Im sure is not the case with you lot!
smile.gif

Come on.....Share some of your experiences with us!!!

dougal

did they play U2 at that party?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I think I had a "joint" Birthday party once.

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

I'm glad you had a great time! I would never have kept up until 5:00 am!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

oh oh oh..i have planned my 18th birthday party...its in April 2003..i like to plan in advance
wink.gif

Its gonna be 70's style with disco music and ppl dressed in 70's clothes but i am still gonna play boom cha boom cha discotheque at it and break the 70's music rule
biggrin.gif

And its gonna be great...i dunno where im gonna hold it, who is going, but its gonna be great
biggrin.gif

No Salome! they didnt play a lot of U2 but my ears perked up when the juke box played a rarely played song "Celebration"......

Nah, that didnt happen...but Id love to hear that one though......for obvious reasons.... the only U2 song I heard all night was With or Without You.....very nice...the rest was some dance, pop, a little bit of rock....it wasnt that good....

Bono-vox. its cool to plan ahead.....I went to the same kind of party you were thinking of...it was amazing fun! Stayed up till 7am! I can give you some suggestions if you like....

cheers

dougal

Hey Dougs glad u had a good time, only once did I stay out til 6am nowadays dont bother going out at all as clubs here as shit as the shit that comes out of u.........really!!!!

biggrin.gif

so when I hit Peterborough, heres hoping for some fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif

Hey Maddie!

Are ye going to Peterborough???????? The near London What the heck are you going there for? A party or something? or a nice long weekend?

If you are down there for a weekend.....maybe we can meet up for a drink?

dougal

well in the Summer for a long weekend to stay with a friend.....when I dont know, but not too long as Im too much a homebird and not used to travellin about...........
frown.gif

hopefully her and I someday will be visiting a friend in Florida too...........
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I hope so.........I would love that sooooo much................

I was meant to have planned stayin with my cuzz in London but hes so doin his own ting we arent in touch.......and Id feel a terrified pain in the ass to be callin him at that point to stay one or two nights in London after P'borough for some fun then home........................

LMFAO!

I *totally* read the thread title wrong as:

I had a joint at a birthday part on Saturday.

geeeeeeezzz.. TGIF!
smile.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

LOL@helloangel!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Bono-vox....the party I went to last November involved everyone at the party having to wear clothes from the 60s-70s. I got my cool clothes from the market over in Portobello Road in London.... there are many markets here in London which has old fashioned but cool clothes and can be bought as little as ?5 (about $7!!) if you look around carefully..... The others at the party hired their clothes from a fancy dress shop....there ought to be one in your town....

As it was an housewarming party, we were told that we wont get in to the party unless we wear the right gear! Two bouncers at the front door looked at me and my pals and let us through! Before that though we had to give our fingerprints to a piece of paper with a contract obliging us not to tell anyone about what went on at the party and so on! I know..... ridiculous!!!!!! but a good laugh anyway!

Guys including myself also had to bring a banana and a flower while the ladies had to bring a couple of condoms and a flower. Everybody had to bring their own drinks so it made up for quite a lively party! HEE HEE!!

It was cool as everyone had a good time and laughed at our choice of 60s-70s clothes..... I guess my pals would love to do it again this summer!!!!

I trust the above will give you enough to think about...... besides you got plenty of time to plan!!!!!
biggrin.gif

dougal

Originally posted by mikal:
I think I had a "joint" Birthday party once.

..or twice, maybe three, or, um...okay, bye now..
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 01-18-2002).]

Happy Birthday to ya! I've been to the S & L - it's a pretty cool pub.

As for U2... best is to go to pubs with jukeboxes as you can really wind up the U2 haters!
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom