I got the Popmart DVD!!!!! Screenshots, information!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
schnumi said:
Also a nice little touch i just noticed, when you are in the menu of the 2nd dvd the song played in the "popmart" aisle is SATS just listen carefully.

Yeah, I noticed that. A muzak version of SATS. Hilarious! :lol:

Btw just a question for someone who knows it:

Why did Bono switch the guitar he used during LNOE during the tour? I have other proshots etc of concerts and there he uses a glitter guitar which you can hear far better then the red one he uses later on.

Or is it the same one but just tuned down a bit?

I think Bono actually gave away one of his guitars during the Popmart tour to an audience member. Don't know which guitar, but I think it says something in the Concert Chronology book

Yeah its a pretty good transfer and the 5.1 sound is top notch as expected but the extras could have been a lot better. They should have included the full "Year in Pop" documentary and more importantly where is there a live version of MIAMI. That is a big mistake and one that I can't understand as Miami at Edmonton is a good version as I have the bootleg and yet they have included versions of songs from Edmonton that were done at Mexico on the main concert. Someone explain that to me?

elevated_u2_fan said:

I agree, I really enjoyed "year in pop" and I always thought it got a bum rap...

There are some good Bono quotes on it like the "Larry should get out of the left side of his brain" one regarding The Passengers and "he was just mad cos we didn't let him play the drums." Can't understand why they would leave this off, it would have gone nicely with this release and a Miami live version. The things they put on like the LNOE first night in hell mix are a waste of space and the repeating of previous stuff like SATS video, Please video etc. There was better stuff to fill out this 2nd disc than what they put on.

rjhbonovox said:

There are some good Bono quotes on it like the "Larry should get out of the left side of his brain" one regarding The Passengers and "he was just mad cos we didn't let him play the drums." Can't understand why they would leave this off, it would have gone nicely with this release and a Miami live version. The things they put on like the LNOE first night in hell mix are a waste of space and the repeating of previous stuff like SATS video, Please video etc. There was better stuff to fill out this 2nd disc than what they put on.
The edmonton and rotterdam parts are no waste of space.

But the LNOE remix indeed is, same goes for SATS because most of us already seen it etc.

It should have included a live Miami at least.

Does anyone know if any stores here in the US might of put it on the shelves early?

Anyone check out that Popmart microsite that U2.com put up today? I'm not a subscriber so I can't see much, but there seems to be a bunch of content on there (I'm not sure what has been released already in terms of interviews and such). www.popmart.u2.com

Watched the DVD yesterday, I think it's their best DVD release yet, closely behind Zoo TV, it might be the best if it wasn't for the SATS and LNOE videos.

:yes:

I really like it too, especially the extras, the Rotterdam footage is great, it feels much more immediate, plus I love that shot from the stage during Streets of Bono looking out over the audience and you see all the way up to the top tier, it gives me a real sense of the size of the stadium and the huge crowds the band were playing to, even during what is considered to give one of their more unsuccessful tours.

The documentaries aren't bad and I quite liked the conveyor belt
game that led to the Please Mural Cut.

Does anyone know where the Edmonton footage came from, was that a TV broadcast or was it from the bands vaults?

tuwie said:
POP UP EDGE?@?!?!??!1
what?!?!??!
elaborate!!!

^___________________^

PopMart_dbl_DVD_popup.jpg

:shifty:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom