I got the Popmart DVD!!!!! Screenshots, information!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DreamOutLoud13 said:

Well, there was no Ultra Violet on the ZooTV DVD extras, so clearly U2 miss the boat sometimes.

Or maybe they're saving all the good stuff for a "Rarities*" DVD they'll sell to us inbetween future albums.

*Note: Rarities on said DVD probably won't actually be that rare.

:lol:

It'll probably be something like Bad.

I love all these rare clips from the archives. Apparently U2 has privately filmed every show since Zoo TV so there's definitely alot of material to choose from. If they ever decide to release any of it publicly. Which admittedly is a very slim possibility. [/B]

I think it's amazing that we finally have the ZOO TV and Popmart tours now on DVD with excellent picture and sound upgrade. Alot of work must have gone into producing these DVDs and they have done a great job.
However seeing as the Elevation and Vertigo tours have had two (possibly three for the vertigo tour) DVD releases, i think the Zoo TV and Popmart Tours deserve another release some time in the future and incude some tracks that wern't included on the current releases. Ultra Violet, Wild Horses, Zooropa come to mind for Zoo TV. Miami, Do You Feel Loved, If God Will Send His Angels for Popmart.
But if this never happens im just glad that we have at least one DVD of these tours. They could of quite easily been forgotten about like Red Rocks and Lovetown and we may of never had anything.

StoneRoses said:

I think it's amazing that we finally have the ZOO TV and Popmart tours now on DVD with excellent picture and sound upgrade. Alot of work must have gone into producing these DVDs and they have done a great job.
However seeing as the Elevation and Vertigo tours have had two (possibly three for the vertigo tour) DVD releases, i think the Zoo TV and Popmart Tours deserve another release some time in the future and incude some tracks that wern't included on the current releases. Ultra Violet, Wild Horses, Zooropa come to mind for Zoo TV. Miami, Do You Feel Loved, If God Will Send His Angels for Popmart.
But if this never happens im just glad that we have at least one DVD of these tours. They could of quite easily been forgotten about like Red Rocks and Lovetown and we may of never had anything.

Well next year it is 25 years ago since Red Rocks, and they found the whole recording in a basement for a couple of years ago. That is real a reason to release the 25th Anniversary Edition of that song.

The only shows I know they filmed on Lovetown was Syndey and Dublin Depot New Year but Im not sure if they filmed to whole shows or just a couple of songs.

It looks fantastic! And the menu's are so fresh and they fit the Popmart theme perfectly.

And for me the Discotheque version of Rotterdam is the best one of Popmart.

this dvd looks SEXY, MEXICO-OFO MOFOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pre-ordered it at my local indie shop on my college campus on friday cuz i want it day of, not in mail from Amazon or elsewhere! can't wait! :hyper:

I got the Limited Edtion today :) The package is very glittering :)

My thougths around this release is that they did more work with this dvd then the ZooTV dvd.

My DVD wish list now that this is out (I mean, it was natural that this and Zoo would be their first projects)

Red Rocks (edit: FULL concert)
Point Depot New Years Lovetown
Santiago De Chile PopMart

well that's the start anyways

Last edited:
Red Rocks has a lot of streaking artefact in the daytime shots (maybe due to a wet camera lens?). I always wonder if they could digitally clean it up (would be a big job) or they would just leave it in. I thought there were camera probs. on the missing tracks. Does anyone know?

Isn't there some weird legal hangup with Red Rocks. Can't quite remember...

Yeah! Bought mine copy today :)) Yes, you really gotta buy 2 disc edition ;]] DTS is amazing. Slane, Zoo and now Popmart in DTS - God, how I love these three letters: DTS - so cute ;D

OMG that's the word, it's looking fantastic and the sound is even more great, the into of Mofo and the end of LNOE etc all sounds like being in heaven.

Time to turn up that speakers people! it's time to rock!

Picked up a copy today.
Went through the 1st disc right away.

Wow...this so cool , way better than the old vhs version.
Gonna go and look to the 2nd disc right NOW!!!!

Can`t wait to check out the Rotterdam extra`s:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I also have the bootleg of Popmart Santiago for about 2 years now.....I think both Mexico and Santiago are great shows. Maybe Bono's voice is a little better Santiago, but I think he does a very good job in Mexico either. Besides that I like the light show in Mexico better than in Santiago.

I like the special disc on this release btw, very nice stuff on it, although i would have liked to see Miami on it and maybe also 5.1 sound for the extra songs as well.

u2boy_nl said:
That karaoke easter eggs really makes no sense at all. :D

Well, I guess it makes more sense than Last Night On Earth (First Night In Hell Mix) as that was a totally U2-unrelated video. And considering I don't hear much U2 on the audio track, I think it's unrelated to the DVD. (whereas All Kinds Of Everything was at least performed by The Edge a couple of time during his karaoke spot).
And oh, I missed the initial intro to the Rotterdam Please version. On my VHS it starts with a full moon and the proper start to the song. :(

Apart from that, this DVD is totally :drool:

Also a nice little touch i just noticed, when you are in the menu of the 2nd dvd the song played in the "popmart" aisle is SATS just listen carefully.

I was at both Edmonton shows on this tour they were far from "average" they were amazing shows, the second one was probably even better then the first and I would rate them highly as some of the best shows of the tour.

It looks like us Canadians are in the same boat as the Americans. Amazon.ca says the release date is Sept 18th.

I wasn't sure if Canada was included in the 'rest of the world' category...guess not!

So the NORTH American release date seems DVD in stores on the 10th, let us all know here!!!

Back
Top Bottom