I got out of a speeding ticket because of U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicLemon

War Child
I was pulled over for speeding, but the officer said he wasn't going to give me a ticket because I was a U2 fan! He saw my U2 sticker before he pulled me over, but wanted to stop me to let me know that U2 fans have special privileges!

I think the guys may have just saved me about $120, plus traffic school ;-)

I was at a concert for school, 1st year o-week concert, Sam Roberts, great show by the way and wore my u2 shirt. The bouncer said he loved U2 and I could get in to The University bar without waiting in line if he was workin the door!! Good times!!

funny enough, u2 has caused me to get my one and only speeding ticket. it also almost made me have a manditory court apperence. i was driving too fast (i mean WAY too fast) on a highway because i got excited that Beautiful Day came on the radio. the cop asked me why i was going so fast and i claimed that B Day had came on and U2 was my favorite band and i got overly excited. he was unimpressed with that though. i was over the limit by 45 KPH, and a manditory court apperence is issued for 50+. so i was lucky!

that is a pretty cool story, the cops around here wouldnt let you go if you were on the way to the emergency room with a head wound. What does your bumper sticker say? Does it just say u2 on it? I saw a car one time with a sticker that read BONO=GOD.

I have one that just says U2.

Just today I got a custom design across my back window that simply says (in green):

love, peace or else

And is complimented with a shamrock. It looks really nice. I'll take a pic and post it next week

:wave:

Ok, here it is! I'm at work, but I went and took a pic with my digital :)
I love the way it turned out. Uh oh, where is the button to add a pic?:huh:

brachanam9 said:
I was pulled over for speeding, but the officer said he wasn't going to give me a ticket because I was a U2 fan! He saw my U2 sticker before he pulled me over, but wanted to stop me to let me know that U2 fans have special privileges!

I think the guys may have just saved me about $120, plus traffic school ;-)

blimey...i wonder if this cop actually gets PAID?!

lpoe1.jpg

Ok, there it is! The U2 sticker that got me out of the ticket is on the bumper, so you can't see it in the above pic...

You said you had that custom made?! That's sweet! How does one get a custom made sticker...and how much did that cost? I would like to do something similar (I won't steal your quote I promise! I'm in the midwest anyways :wink:)

Back
Top Bottom