I got on "Boots" this morning! (Single review)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From the guy who ultimately brought us Mercy. :applaud:

Speaking of which....... Last time, you got your hands on a cassette (not a cd, right?) of the whole album + Mercy.

This time, did you get to hear anything other than the single? Or did the disc just have the single on it?

I just wished some dimwit at U2.com could at least give us a date, then is all our problem how we deal with the wait.

They must know! (one would think)

Surely they must!! :doh: Oh well, we can get our news from other sources, but at the very very least I'd just like U2.com to move the front page on from the re-issues, and the home page away from the bloody awful HTDAAB lay-out - there is a NEW single and a NEW album due imminently people!!!

I reckon that they have chosen GOYB as a bit of a musical "statement of intent" in the way that "The Fly" was very much a lyrical statement - over a completely surprising musical backing of course.
What I mean is, from the beachclip I'll admit you can hear a little echo of the Vertigo/Elevation "style" in the opening verse but then they take it somewhere completely different through the chorus and bridge sections - somewhere much more adventurous and complex. You can hear that that's the case even in the beach clip and it sounds like in the meantime it seems that they have made it even more layered and radical. U2 are clever. If there's any echo of Vertigo in the song you can bet that it's totally deliberate and has some sort of meaning rather than it just being a rehash...

QUESTION!

If this song were to be placed on any other U2 album, which would you place it? Also, that DJ quote has me a little worried... is it really like Elevation/ Vertigo part 2?
I'd hate for the general public to start labeling it as such :doh:

Thanks skott 100 for that review! You did a great job. The song sounds like it'll be awesome!

DRUMS!!!!
DRUMS!!!!
DRUMS!!!!
DRUMS!!!!

HTDAAB sorely lacked in the drums.
This is great news.
IMO you can't have a great U2 album without some really great drums/percussion
Unless you're talking about JT which is a great album with allright drums.

You'll hate it if it sounds like sparkly vampires? ;)

That gave me an idea: I could goto be and read Twilight (I know, I know, I am hooked:doh:) to kill the suspence. I have butterflies and I think I need a camomile or I will never be able to go to bed!:huh:

What if this turned out to be the album cover?

526766814_9dc5957dd0.jpg

:lol:

:drool:

QUESTION!

If this song were to be placed on any other U2 album, which would you place it? Also, that DJ quote has me a little worried... is it really like Elevation/ Vertigo part 2?
I'd hate for the general public to start labeling it as such :doh:

Maybe some bizarre car crash between Bomb and Pop if Pop had a producer who was actually cut out for the job? (cue can of worms)

I don't think it fits in nicely with any album. Maybe if U2 had a song on the soundtrack of Wanted that was playing during the train crash scene? Howabout that? I'm really starting to run out of descriptive language here, guys and girls!

I had planned on getting a lot of work done this afternoon.

Ha Ha Work, I remember doing that. been like over a week since I even tried to get good solid work done.
Now it is - Do some work... save file.
while file is saving... go to interference...
catch up in interference.
do a little more work... repeat.

Back
Top Bottom