I got on "Boots" this morning! (Single review)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm with you, come on it must be about somewhere by now!!! please desperation is setting in.

I just wished some dimwit at U2.com could at least give us a date, then is all our problem how we deal with the wait.

They must know! (one would think)

Skott...

Some questions....

What are your thoughts on Vertigo and HTDAAB? Do you like this U2 era?

NOTE: This is NOT an opportunity for ppl to post their own thoughts on this, there are plenty of other threads for that.

You know how in U2byU2, Bono says something along the lines of HTDAAB being the strongest collection of songs they've ever put out, but for some reason it doesn't completely gel as an album? I agree with that for the most part. It's a great collection of songs, but maybe a little too "safe" as far as production and pushing the edge (not The Edge). But I don't think that album is about pushing the edge. I feel like they took two albums to get comfortable in their own skin again, and now they have some confidence and artistic capital to spend.

Bottom line, yes. I like HTDAAB. I wouldn't say "Boots" fits with anything on that album, other than it being semi related to Vertigo in the big heavy rock riff department.

Hmmm your expectations are not very high then. I would be very dissapointed if all we got was a slightly more interesting ATYCLB

Just trying to keep expectations down in order to not be disappointed later! :wink: I'd rather be pleasantly surprised. Wouldn't you?

And ATYCLB, in hindsight is not that bad. But it is still bland. And I'm hoping this will be more interesting.

It sounds like the rhythm section is what's going to trip this apart from the Vertigo/Elevation mold.

But really, would Elevation+Vertigo+a slightly edgier sound be so bad?

A less "throw away" version of Vertigo would be awesome. A song being a rock sound doesn't make it bad

whatever it does sound like _ it probably wont be the best song on the album. didn't Bono say in a recent article that they are chasing the young(er) new fans this time _ so expect something that will appeal to that audience Mike

whatever it does sound like _ it probably wont be the best song on the album. didn't Bono say in a recent article that they are chasing the young(er) new fans this time _ so expect something that will appeal to that audience Mike

And why is that the song that appeals to younger audiences is not the best??
I'm 17... does that make my taste in music bad???
Just asking... :wink:

im going for a coffee.. at the rate we are posting, I'll be gone 20 minutes, so there will be around 110 posts to go through when I'm back! :wave:

I just wished some dimwit at U2.com could at least give us a date, then is all our problem how we deal with the wait.

They must know! (one would think)

Europe universal are saying radio airplay is 19th Jan, which is why were hoping for a leak anytime now, my mind telling me prob wont see it till wed at earliest, but heart says in 30seconds time. its a war.

WRONG

The correct answer is

TWILIGHT
TWILIGHT
TWILIGHT
TWILIGHT
TWILIGHT
TWILIGHT

TWILIGHT
TWILIGHT
TWILIGHT
TWILIGHT
TWILIGHT
TWILIGHT

You have got to be fucking kidding! Twilight is one of the best songs on Boy!

/subjectively objective factual opinion.

You have got to be fucking kidding! Twilight is one of the best songs on Boy!

/subjectively objective factual opinion.

Boy is U2's worst album and Twilight is meh.

/subjectively objective factual opinion. :wink:

No, if you are not logged in, the thread titles can be viewed, but if you try to open any of the threads you are asked to log in... so the spam bots shouldnt be able to get in here.

:up:
You know, I have posted my full email all over the place around here about a zillion times over the last few years and I receive practically zero spam.

You know how in U2byU2, Bono says something along the lines of HTDAAB being the strongest collection of songs they've ever put out, but for some reason it doesn't completely gel as an album? I agree with that for the most part. It's a great collection of songs, but maybe a little too "safe" as far as production and pushing the edge (not The Edge). But I don't think that album is about pushing the edge. I feel like they took two albums to get comfortable in their own skin again, and now they have some confidence and artistic capital to spend.

Bottom line, yes. I like HTDAAB. I wouldn't say "Boots" fits with anything on that album, other than it being semi related to Vertigo in the big heavy rock riff department.

:drool:, I like HTDAAB too but i'm excited that they took a new path.

Tell us more. :up:

From the guy who ultimately brought us Mercy. :applaud:

Thanks for getting us all riled up! :hyper:

Hey skott, just wanted to say I saw you guys in 2004 - it was the show just before HDTAAB came out. You rocked!

Hey Skott, thanks for posting - great review! (good that it wasn't an industry review)
How does Bono's voice sound on Boots? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom