I got on "Boots" this morning! (Single review)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please let's not jump to any conclusions! And also I think it's better not to expect anything even remotely close to Zooropa, Pop or Passengers. I'm expecting a slightly more interesting ATYCLB.

If I expected nothing close to those albums I'd basically be expecting them to make their worst album :wink:

I love how everyone has such contrasting views on all the albums on here, always makes things interesting :lol:

If it sounds like I Will Follow... I'll love it
If it sounds like Pride... I'll love it
If it sounds like Desire... I'll love it
If it sounds like The Fly... I'll love it
If it sounds like Lemon... I'll love it
If it sounds like Discothèque... I'll love it
If it sounds like Elevation... I'll love it
If it sounds like Vertigo... I'll love it

If it sounds like nothing that U2 has done before... I'll love it and probably die of happiness hearing it. :love: :hyper: :applaud: :heart: :up: :drool:

Anyway, this is NOT U2 by the numbers. This is not a "return to form" or "back to basics". This is, what the kids like to call, some OTHER shit. The 21st Century version of U2 is finally here.

Those were almost my exact thoughts about Vertigo when I first heard it and look how the rest of that album turned out.

If it sounds like nothing that U2 has done before... I'll love it and probably die of happiness hearing it. :love: :hyper: :applaud: :heart: :up: :drool:

What should it sound like for you to hate it?

Those were almost my exact thoughts about Vertigo when I first heard it and look how the rest of that album turned out.

we have 4 other beach clips to confirm those thoughts. unknown caller is the most different song they've ever done... if that makes sense

And the beach clip sounds nothing like Vertigo and Elevation.

I respectfully disagree. The beach clip instantly reminded me of these two, especially Vertigo (the talking verses without the guitar, the guitar riff). The lyrics with "sexy boots" kinda give me a "mole digging in a hole" vibe, but I'm not judging it before hearing the whole song.

The John Bonham/Massive Attack sounds do seem interesting. Thanks for the review, skott!

:yes: Exactly what i'm thinking.

2 reviews already! I just wanna hear it now! :hyper:

Though I just feel I haven't digested every bit of info yet.

It sounds like the rhythm section is what's going to trip this apart from the Vertigo/Elevation mold.

But really, would Elevation+Vertigo+a slightly edgier sound be so bad?

I forgot to say that if it sounds like HMTMKMKM I'll love it and have a stroke as I hear it.

Back
Top Bottom