I got on "Boots" this morning! (Single review)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think having the pre release thread was just a bad idea, I mean how is that really going to work. Unless one person emails everyone...

of course it wasn;t. I posted on like page 22 that it was a stupid idea, and by the time I reloaded the page, it was half-way through page 23

We've heard the beach clip, and I'm going to take the reviews of Cross, who admitted that the song was really complex, and skott100, who is enough of a megafan to post on this forum, more seriously.

And I really want the song to be good. :reject:

I'm hoping so too. And the beach clip sounds nothing like Vertigo and Elevation. I think this DJ was just expecting something in the line of Zooropa/Passengers(he thinks those are the greatest U2 albums ever, if not his favorites ever.)

I'm still hoping this will be nothing like the last two albums.

I Definitely don't believe him - Though it sounds like it's been made more electronic and rhythmic, beach clip #3 is NOTHING like Elevation or Vertigo...
A lazy reaction by a U2 hater by the sounds of it...

Actually I just listened to the beach clip for the first time in a little bit and I do agree with you about the Elevation aspect to it...it sounds hardly at all like Elevation judging from the beach clip, but it does have a slight Vertigo vibe to it in terms of the vocal structure during the verses....

I'm hoping so too. And the beach clip sounds nothing like Vertigo and Elevation. I think this DJ was just expecting something in the line of Zooropa/Passengers(he thinks those are the greatest U2 albums ever, if not his favorites ever.)

I'm still hoping this will be nothing like the last two albums.

Damn so he has obviously got taste then if he loves those two albums. If he says it's shit maybe he is on target

Skott...

Some questions....

What are your thoughts on Vertigo and HTDAAB? Do you like this U2 era?

NOTE: This is NOT an opportunity for ppl to post their own thoughts on this, there are plenty of other threads for that.

I emailed the review I was given to the DJ's at KC's 96.5 The Buzz and Jason Ulanet, the Asst. Music Director and bass player/pianist for The Belated responded with this:

"I heard Get On Your Boots today.

Big disappointment, but also not a surprise. Sounds A LOT like Vertigo and Elevation."

That just totally ruined my buzz, no pun intended. :down:

Evidently, an upbeat song with distorted guitars = Vertigo ripoff :doh:

Have these people listened to more than five albums, or are they just ridiculously myopic?

They shouldnt get spam since this this forum cannot be viewed unless you are logged in.
I think there's some software that pick up anything that has a @ in it and sends spam automatically. At work we have started writing emails like this on our websites to avoid the rubbish: name[at]domain.com
but maybe forums are more protected... but... even if i am not logged in i can still visit, can't I?

I think there's some software that pick up anything that has a @ in it and sends spam automatically. At work we have started writing emails like this on our websites to avoid the rubbish: name[at]domain.com
but maybe forums are more protected... but... even if i am not logged in i can still visit, can't I?

No, if you are not logged in, the thread titles can be viewed, but if you try to open any of the threads you are asked to log in... so the spam bots shouldnt be able to get in here.

Damn so he has obviously got taste then if he loves those two albums. If he says it's shit maybe he is on target

Please let's not jump to any conclusions! And also I think it's better not to expect anything even remotely close to Zooropa, Pop or Passengers. I'm expecting a slightly more interesting ATYCLB.

NOTE: This is NOT an opportunity for ppl to post their own thoughts on this, there are plenty of other threads for that.

lol.

Back
Top Bottom