i got 2 cute kittens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
well actually, me and my bro did.

hes naming one, and im naming one.

hes picked the name travis for one of them, and to be honest, i think its an interesting name.

i used to have a cat, before i ate it, named clovis. no, ok, he ran away and i was very sad about it. clovis was a french explorer in the 1600's i believe. correct me if im wrong. i loved that name.

now, i need help from you people to help me name my kitten. please pick cool original or typical names, just pick anything, and i will decide. the cat wont be like me at interference where i can change my name whenever i feel like it. :p

thank you.

------------------
-death bear

I think you should spend time with the kitten and it will tell you what it's name is. You will just be hanging out with the kitty and then all of the sudden a name will pop into your head. That is the kitten's real name.

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

THE NAMING OF CATS T.S. ELIOT

The naming of cats is a difficult matter,
it isn't just one of your holiday games.
You may think at first, I'm as mad as a hatter,
When I tell you, a cat must have three different names.

First of all there's the name that the family uses daily,
such as Peter, Augustus, Alonzo or James,
such as Victor or Jonathan, George or Bill Bailey,
but all of them sensible everyday names.

There are fancier names if you think they sound sweeter,
Some for the Gentlemen, some for the Dames.
Such as Plato, Admetus, Electra, Demeter,
But all of them sensible everyday names.

But I tell you, a cat needs a name that's particular,
A name that is peculiar and more dignified.
Else how can he keep up his tail perpendicular,
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride.

The names of this kind, I can give you a quorum,
Such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat,
Such as Bombalurina, or else, Jellylorum,
Names that never belong to more than one cat.

But above and beyond, there's still one name left over,
And that is the name that you never will guess.
The name that no human reseach can discover,
but the cat himself knows and will never confess.

When you notice a cat in profound meditation,
The reason, I tell you, is always the same:
His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation,
Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name.
His ineffable, effable, effanineffable,
Deep and inscrutable name, name, name, name....

I used to have a lizard named Clarence after the guy in True Romance. Suited him perfectly.

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

"I'm a big nsync fan, but then again, I eat my own crap...." - Triumph

kittens.gif

------------------
Kittens are.... yeah you know the rest.

Explorers eh?

Leichardt
Lasseter
Amerigo Vespucci
Francis Drake
Walter Raleigh
James Cook
Tobias Furneaux
Cortez
Pizarro
Columbus
Matthew Flinders
James? Bass
William Bligh
Edmund Hillary
Tenzing Norkay

more later...apologies that most of these guys are Poms or Spaniards or Italians
biggrin.gif

I wonder whose Thom Yorke's favourite explorer?

I just got two kitties, sisters, half siamese and half burmese.

I named them

Pixel
&
Random Numbers

Pixel and Random Numbers are cat characters in Robert Heinlein's works The Cat Who Walks Through Walls and To Sail Beyond The Sunset.

I have just layed turf called Sir Walter Buffalo named after that explorer Brettig, hehehe.

Sir Walter is a nice name. If its a boy anyway.

If I ever get a new kitten and its a boy, I'd call him Enzo.

Some cat names Ive used:

- Mario
- Diego
- Julieta (female)
- Wicho
- Claudia
- Frida

------------------
k e r c

La aventura del comienzo
La intriga de lo incierto
No temas y busca lo nuevo
S?lo empieza desde cero

My cat's registered name is Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (he's a maine coon--big kitty--needed a big name), but everyone calls him Wolfie.
I on the otherhand, usually call him Bastard, or for some strange reason, Rufus.

I'm sure that I have been of absolutely no help to you.
tongue.gif

------------------
You Talkin' To Me?

Dogs are better.

Mine are named Moses and Vegemite. The others who got dognapped were Wendy, Buttons and Patch. We also have a Corby, Hermes, Sabre, Ben, Q.E. (queen liz) and Panda in the family.

yarof

cats...I love cats. My first one was named Tiger, don't know why. My second was named Pumpkin, 'cause we got her just before halloween. My last cat my sister got in college, and then had to leave at home: he was called Natty, after *ahem* natural light beer......gee that must have been a funny moment when she and her sorority sisters came up with that name
rolleyes.gif

My friend in college had a couple of hampsters and their names are on the tip of my tounge but I can't remember them. They were the coolest names, if I remember them, I'll post 'em.

------------------
To use the old hippy saying, it ain't where you're from, it's where you're at. And right now. If you're listening to this CD, you're already watching the sunset in your mind, feeling the heat on your skin and whilling away the hours. Simply chilled. Best way to keep it, really. -Matthew Kershaw - Ibiza Sunset.

awwww-kittens are adorable.

i wanted to suggest calling them Death and Bear (*wink*), but i see one of them has already been given a name.

you didn't say whether the kitten you're naming is a he or a she. also, i know you said suggest names, but have you considered any names yourself so far?

anyway-i think a really nice cat name is Sparky.

Spot/Dot. (if he/she has spots of black color on his paws)

Rocky. (just popped into my head now)

------------------
"be uncool, yes be awkward" - Always

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-26-2001).]

popkidu2--

aww...poor cat being named after such a horrible beer!! but natty is a cute name.
my ex had a dog named michelob, cos the guy who was giving the puppies away was drinking mic at the time...

------------------
You Talkin' To Me?

Don't name the cat Frank. I named a fish Frank after Frank Sinatra and the thing died two weeks later. So based on that, no Frank or Bono or Elvis [sorry Elvis, its nothing personal]

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

I have four cats named Chloe Marie, Whiskers Sophia, Thomas Jefferson, and Amy Tabitha.

Two of our cats were already named when we got them, but they didn't have middle names yet. So for those and the other two's first and middle names, we named them after what we felt they "looked" like. Whiskers is the only non-human name because my sister and I found her in the yard when we were little, and the first thing my sister started calling her Whiskers because she had such long whiskers (wow...how creative!).
biggrin.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Oh, I also had a friend who was always dying to get a cat so she could name him Shakespeare. But when she did finally get a cat, she named him Nookie.

Umm...I wish he would have had a more dignified name. She was abusive to him too, so I got pissed off at her and forced her to give him away because she wouldn't take care of him (throw him, not feed him, etc.). I wanted to beat that bitch up.
mad.gif

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

no clovis was king of the franks in a.d. 481, predecessor of charlemagne.

but since my mind is on medieval things, name your cat beowulf. he's the death bear of the 8th century.

------------------
~whortense wiffin
walla walla, washington

As you can guess by my name, I have lots of kittens. No matter what you name them, it will usually change as he/she develops a personality of their own. Nicknames stick too, it always happens!

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

Hey DB, I would suggest, since you're such a huge RH fan that if it's a girl to name it Daisy (the nickname given to me by Thom Yorke) ooooooooor paranoid android (lmao) for a boy kitty or RadioKitty
smile.gif
lol

nah I think you should name it

Sweetness (my friend had a cat named sweetness and she was the devil cat lmao)

if you're going to name it after an explorer name him Pizzaro (cos that sounds cool)
smile.gif
ok enough rambling from me

Well if I ever get a cat I am going to name hime Pushkin. But you should call your cat Angel.
wink.gif

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

My cat is named Dusky, how about calling him Dubby? that'd only work if he was black, though (an cat dubh).

hi guys - I know I'm new here, but I figure there is no better way to get involved than to jump right in - so here goes -

I named my current cats (both boys):

Jarvis Layne (after Jarvis Cocker & Layne Staley.. he is a longhaired Russian Blue. very regal and 3 feet long)

Splick Featherstone (my boyfriend named him this after a character in an indie film) But on most days it's ShitDisturber or Shitter because he's always messin something up!

I've always been partial to these names for girl kitties -

Zoe Elisabeth
Stanzie Gwendolyn (Stanzie taken from Mrs. Mozart)

xoxo, carrie

------------------
Here's to the few who forgive what you do
and the fewer who don't even care
--Leonard Cohen

Heh...

Salome said Johnny Cash!!!!

ummm, I always liked that one cat's name from Cats the musical....I think it was Rumpleteaser?

That's a good one.

I wuv cats! I have a precious cat!!

Hmmm, cat names....

biggrin.gif
Maybe after famous Renaissance artist:
(they had cool funky names! LOL)

Botticelli
D?rer
van Eyck
Caravaggio
Giotto
Da Vinci and
Michelangelo!

Ok, so I have to write a paper on these guys!
biggrin.gif
Still, cool names!

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Back
Top Bottom