I fall down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharky

New Yorker
so I was at Starbucks today and started to hear a song that sounded familiar and then smack! no way! I Fall Down. Does anyone else think this is odd that they were playing I Fall Down at Starbucks? Is this disturbing to others?

I was standing in line at Starbucks last week listening to music overhead thinking to myself, "Gee, this piano part sure sounds familiar." When Bono's voice came in I admit I was was surprised and, yes, a bit disturbed. Must be on the CD they send out for every store to play.

Edited to add: Almost as weird as the time I was wandering through Home Depot when Kite came on.

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember being at a Meijer (kind of like a wal-mart) when Kite came on. It was especially weird cos it was only Dec. 2000, only a few months after ATYCLB came out.

I was skiing at Mt. Snow in early 2001, (Jan or Feb) and they were playing Kite down at the bottom of the liftlines...really, really, really loud.

also, a week after that I was buying shoes at a shoestore, and they were playing In a little while.

About 2 months ago at the local Starbucks they played 'Twilight' which, like your hearing 'I Fall Down,' really surprised me. I heard it again at that Starbucks a few days later. Would Starbucks actually let employees bring in their own CD's? I wouldn't think so.

martha said:
I was at a demolition derby once, and the whole ATYCLB was played before the derby started. I thought that was kind of weird.

Oh, and AvsGirl, your sig is hypnotizing. :love:

:laugh: Thanks!! Isn't it though!

I snagged it from PLEBA, I don't know who made it. I guess no one minds that I'm using it. :shrug:

I was in a restaurant in December and Two Hearts Beat As One came on. That was pretty random.

At my school the technician guy played ATYCLB one morning while he was setting up the tech stuff for assembly, so, pleasantly surprised to hear that upon arriving at school, I went in and listened ...

I was in the garden department at Home Depot and they were playing "Elevation"...I didn't need anything but I stayed until the end of the song. Also once my mother and I were trying on clothes at some store, and "The Sweetest Thing" came on, I started singing along, my mother thought I lost it.
I love it when I hear the boys in a store...

When my mom and I were on vacation we were walking by a house under renovation and The Sweetest Thing came on. The builders tried (unsuccessfully) to sing the falsetto parts at the beginning. :laugh:

Mrs.Clayton said:
I was in the garden department at Home Depot and they were playing "Elevation"...I didn't need anything but I stayed until the end of the song.

I do that too. But then I feel guilty for not buying anything and spending so long in the shop ... oh, well, it's worth it for U2!

Schmeg said:
When my mom and I were on vacation we were walking by a house under renovation and The Sweetest Thing came on. The builders tried (unsuccessfully) to sing the falsetto parts at the beginning. :laugh:

:lol: Sounds like something that would have fit perfectly on the Sweetest Thing video.

I've heard IALW at Sears, and during a trip I made on a cruise ship they played ATYCLB songs all the time, and even a couple from R&H.

Yes, and I put a U2 CD on earlier, and of all the strange, weird, unexpected things that could've been on it, there were U2 songs. I was so shocked, I nearly fell off my seat. Since when were U2 songs on U2 CDs? It's just unheard of. The stupid people at the music store must've given me a dodgy CD ...

Hehe, I like this one classic rock station in Lincoln, Nebraska-they had a U2 liner one day recently, and had a string of clips of songs they play on there and stuff, and I realized that they do have "In God's Country". It hasn't actually been played on the radio yet when I've listened, but just the fact that it's there and they can play it was a shock to me, 'cause I'd never heard that song on a station before.

They also play some other songs that I'd never heard on the radio in my old town, not just on there, but on other stations, too.

And then I was watching VH1 Classic yesterday and saw a video for "A Sort Of Homecoming", which was cool, 'cause I'd never seen that before.

Angela

OH!!!!

once i walked in to my ap us history class and heard the song gloria (U2's that is), and i was like :confused". then i sat down and saw the october cd sitting up my the teacher's imac. turns out she's a huge U2 fan and we ended up listening to the october cd the entire class period!

i was surprised she picked that cd as that and zooropa are by far the most underrated U2 albums, but at least zooropa won a grammy! plus, she still had the folders from when she took the same class in high school, and she'd written "U2" and stuff like that all over them. this was in 99, and i know she still teaches there as i had a night class for my college in her classroom last year, but i don't know if the folders were still there.

we're going to have to take back your U2 Fan License now for forgetting the song. You're on probation. ;)

I was at a very trendy, upscale grocery store that has a cappuccino bar and a restaurant built in, and all of a sudden U2 song after U2 song comes on. These were all the songs I heard, in this order:

Sunday Bloody Sunday
Like A Song
Kite
Everlasting Love
Angel of Harlem
All I want Is You
Where The Streets Have No Name
Out of Control
Pride (In the Name of Love)
Two Hearts Beat As One
The Ocean
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me
I Fall Down
Gone
Mysterious Ways
Stay (Faraway So Close!)
Satellite of Love
MLK
Beautiful Day

After shaking my head in utter disbelief and relishing in the incredible order of songs assembled, I realized that I, in fact, worked at the place and burned that very CD, and requested it played. :wink: So, if Starbucks is now playing 'I Fall Down', it's probably because of me (there was a Starbucks right next to us). Guess I'm a trend setter. :sexywink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom