I demand U2 do as I say now!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Imagine U2 not being obligated to come and tour here just for me because I demand it so! How dare they?!!!!!!
Theythink they can get away with not doing what I want? They have obligations to me and anyone who has bought a U2 album!!!
To think they didnt play all my fave hand picked set lists too!!!!!

And your point was?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you not just say "end of story" in another thread?

rolleyes.gif

------------------
Fan named Matt (as a fellow fan prepares to take a picture of him with Larry): "You know Larry, I'm a drummer in a band too."

Larry (looks at fan and shrugs, smiling pleasantly toward the camera): "Well, Matt, we all have our problems."

~*April*~

(AIM-POPLemonGirl)

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
UPOO I am going to call them from now on...

BWAAAHAAAHAAA!!!!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Well I'm one of those Aussie's who hasn't seen U2 on the Elevation tour and doesn't have the cash mister to fly to the USA (or anywhere) to see U2.(btw this thread is inspired by wireman's "why U2 return to the USA" it's locked now, so I'm here)
I could not care less, the most important thing to me is happening right now.......it's RAINING!!!!! we sooooooo needed rain, please let it persist. The ground smells so grateful and so am I.
So I suppose it's what's important to you. U2 are by far my favourite band on the planet, so far ahead of any others it's difficult to put into words.But my world won't end if they don't tour here, whereas it will if it doesn't rain. And my greatest dream is my babies grow up to be silviculturalists and musicians and not soldiers. A U2 tour would be a bonus after that.
Don't worrry amanda, I'm fully behind you with the petition and emails to U2.com, but what happens, happens. I know you were jesting up there, just had to add my 1c(half UScent these days)
PS: when you get U2 fully under your control, can I borrow them for a bit?

It's raining!!!.....**cass executes a series of cartwheels**

From what I've heard...

It wouldn't be economical, nor profitable, for U2 to tour certain parts of the world, including Oz.

Don't blame the band, blame your economy.

------------------
Mr. MacPhisto ^-^
macphisto@u2wdd.org
http://u2wdd.org

Elvis is dead.

I think U2 has played enough in North America. Of course they'll get more money here, but I think they should give other fans a chance to see them. But that would only happen in an ideal world where the band wasn't concerned so much with money.

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I think U2 has played enough in North America. Of course they'll get more money here, but I think they should give other fans a chance to see them. But that would only happen in an ideal world where the band wasn't concerned so much with money.

PLEASE U2!!!! PLEASE COME TO HONDURAS...PLEEEEESE I BETG U!!!
I PROMISE ILL GO AND CONVINCE ALL MY FRIENDS TO GO IF U JUST COME TO HONDURAS PLEEEEASE, THESE PEOPLE ARE TOIRED OF SEEING U!!!

it would be great if THEY'd come...

Originally posted by cass:
(btw this thread is inspired by wireman's "why U2 return to the USA" it's locked now, so I'm here)
yeah, I can see I could have saved myself the trouble
ah well, you learn something new every day

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

BrownEyedBoy,
I was just in San Pedro Sula for the first time in April. I guess that's not a particularly significant fact, but I figured it was worth mentioning since I doubt the majority of Interferencers have been there.

By the way, if U2 plays in Honduras, I promise I'll fly down for the show. That's one more ticket sold....

Originally posted by Mr. MacPhisto:
From what I've heard...

It wouldn't be economical, nor profitable, for U2 to tour certain parts of the world, including Oz.

The economy???????? Thats it!!!!! I will write on my voting form BRING U2 HERE TO SHUT AMANDA UP AND YOU CAN HAVE MY LOUSY VOTE.

Ya thnx mac.

I think you forgot to add "as"

Originally posted by Mr. MacPhisto:
From what I've heard...

It wouldn't be AS economical, nor AS profitable, for U2 to tour certain parts of the world, including Oz.

U2 would have a profitable tour of australia - god they brought popmart all the way there....
They could easily sell tiks for AUD $80 / $120
granted that is not as much as USA, but it is equal to some of the european venues revenue, they would rake in the merchanidising
they could easily play 4 melb / 4 syd / 3 bris / adel / perth
venues, with NZ that is easily 15 shows. Ticketing and tour costs in australia should also be cheaper as well.
They could pull it off easily and rake in some cash. But it would not be as "profitable" as the USA, that is accepted.

As for the election, if anyone brings U2 to Oz, i'll vote for them.

Imagine little Johnny in a death match with big kim over U2...
"would the honourable minister please confirm in no uncertain terms...that the Australian public has had a gutful...of U2's delays..."
"it's this type of disgraceful, scumbag, gutter politics, that has kept U2 out of Australia for so long..."

Scumbags!

[This message has been edited by zoomerang II (edited 11-07-2001).]

I do know that when the U2 tour was originaly 'on' they had booked the Sydney SuperDome for 1 week and the tennis centre in Melbourne for a week, I don't know which side of the Sydney shows though. No mention of any other cities, although I assume Brisbane would have had a chance (although alot of acts lately are only doing Syd/Melb) I do know that the start date for the Syd shows was Nov 15, or at least that was the 1st day the SuperDome was booked.
I think we should all have a minutes silence on November 15.
It was all about the $$$.
Sometimes I wish U2 were a little bit smaller. So they would be a band that would consider something like a Big Day Out.

Originally posted by cass:
Well I'm one of those Aussie's who hasn't seen U2 on the Elevation tour and doesn't have the cash mister to fly to the USA (or anywhere) to see U2.(btw this thread is inspired by wireman's "why U2 return to the USA" it's locked now, so I'm here)
I could not care less, the most important thing to me is happening right now.......it's RAINING!!!!! we sooooooo needed rain, please let it persist. The ground smells so grateful and so am I.
So I suppose it's what's important to you. U2 are by far my favourite band on the planet, so far ahead of any others it's difficult to put into words.But my world won't end if they don't tour here, whereas it will if it doesn't rain. And my greatest dream is my babies grow up to be silviculturalists and musicians and not soldiers. A U2 tour would be a bonus after that.
Don't worrry amanda, I'm fully behind you with the petition and emails to U2.com, but what happens, happens. I know you were jesting up there, just had to add my 1c(half UScent these days)

cass, I would like you to know that I loved what you said above, especially when you mention what you wish for your kids. What a lighthearted spirit you have. It helps me to put things in perspective again. Okay, U2 won't come to Brazil neither go to Oz, due to the economic matters, so what? It's not the end of the world. You need rain down under. We need to take care of our children here. That's what really matters, after all.

------------------
Seu pa?s ? lindo. Seu povo ? lindo. Suas vozes s?o lindas. N?o esqueceremos voc?s. - Bono - S?o Paulo - 01/31/1998

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 11-07-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom