I cant believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
I am in total shock, words can not descrie how I am feeling, I was about to go to bed when this came on the late night news, one plane then another, then the pentagon then the buildings crashing to the ground, I was shaking, feeling for all of those poor innocent people who have to be involved in these sort of things, my heart goes out to all of those poor people in America who have lost loved ones or who witnessed this terrible act, and I am sure that I speak on behalf of most Australians
frown.gif

I cannot explain how disturbing and upsetting this is. As someone who was born and raised in VA and has been to DC many times, it tears up to see the Pentagon on fire. Every since I was a little kid, I looked at it as our strength, our security, our power. Just this June, driving by it on the way to the U2 shows, I thought, how cool it was to be here, how safe it was, how we were so strong that no one would dare touch this city. As someone who has heard this all my life, I am shaken to the foundations. I cannot believe it.

My son wanted to go to New York City. Every day he looks up live video cameras of the city online, and just last night he ran off a picture on the printer for a high school project. The towers' Last Night On Earth.Today all those camera sites come up 'this page cannot be displayed.' It gives me the chills. I told him this summer I was afraid to drive to New York, and I told him not to feel sad, he's young, he had his whole life to see the twin towers! Now the picture, and the one on his NYC shirt, are ghostly to look at. I had no idea only a few weeks later they would be gone, and the loss of life in incomprehensible. I have an online friend who works for the Stock Exchange, she made me a U2 tape. I hope she's okay. I'm crying and I'm praying.

My husband is not military but he works for the Navy here in VA. I wonder what's going on at the shipyard where he works, he hasn't called. Just last Friday he took a plane from Boston to NYC on his way home from a trip for his job. This is way too real. I don't know what is going to happen. TO all of you here and all around the world, we are living through history. We will recall this the way the old people remember Pearl Harbor. A terrible tragedy has occured
and the aftershock has yet to be felt. All I can say is, everything I know was wrong, everything I grew up beLIEving is now wrong. Where do we go from here?

WAS BONO STILL IN NEW YORK? Was he still recording that song with those people? I pray he isn't hurt. If he was at his apt, he may have seen all this. What will he think? Maybe he will write a song about this.If anyone hears about Bono's wherabouts or his response to this, please post it.

Originally posted by GypsyHeartgirl:
My son wanted to go to New York City. Every day he looks up live video cameras of the city online, and just last night he ran off a picture on the printer for a high school project. The towers' Last Night On Earth.Today all those camera sites come up 'this page cannot be displayed.' It gives me the chills. I told him this summer I was afraid to drive to New York, and I told him not to feel sad, he's young, he had his whole life to see the twin towers! Now the picture, and the one on his NYC shirt, are ghostly to look at. I had no idea only a few weeks later they would be gone, and the loss of life in incomprehensible. I have an online friend who works for the Stock Exchange, she made me a U2 tape. I hope she's okay. I'm crying and I'm praying.

The story about your son brought even more tears to my eyes.

I always wanted to go to NYC too...my father loves buildings and architecture, and I remember him telling me about places like those when I was little. I always wanted to go and see them someday. Not only are they destroyed, but look at the lives taken too...this is sickening...I am literally sick...

I'm still praying...

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Back
Top Bottom