I break down U2's next album track by track

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
We can always speculate about what U2 will bring us in the future, here is my prediction....

U2's next album will be entitled "Venus Love Octopussy". Disillusioned with how they have maintained an amazing rock career, and annoyed at being inducted into the Hall of Fame before even retiring or perishing, U2 will make bold musical strokes to attempt to throw off the critics.

1. Venus Punk Rock

The opening track and first single will be hailed as deep and complex by hardcore U2 fans, when in fact it will be extremely catchy and instantly disposable :-O

2. Life On Mars?

U2 cover David Bowie's classic track Life On Mars, with Brian Eno playing several stringed instruments and Slash playing the short guitar solo before the second verse.

3. Miami Part II

Bono reignites his love for beat poetry as the smashing sequel to Miami continues the legacy that some have hailed and others have despised from Pop. The chorus will be,"Squeee--ooooosh / car wash / squeee-oooosh / spicy / squeee-oooosh / car wash, car alarm, cellular phone"

4. Starship Captain (Just Looking For Jesus)

"Turn it up loud, Captin" indeed. Bono sings this song entirely with a Mr. Scott accent while Edge plays mangled guitar notes symbolizing the streesed innerds of an intergalactic starship. The live version will end with a mammoth confrontation between Bono and Edge, as both are pulled out over the audience on wires and "duel".

5. Chainsaw

Edge, frustrated by Bono's continued political campaigning, records this track completely by himself in one late evening at the studio. Multitracking the drums, bass, guitar, and vocals all by himself, the song is an outlet for his pent up anger: "Ah woo-ooh / I need you now / Ah woo-ooh / But you're not home / Ah woo-ooh / The Bono is absent / Ah woo-ooh / And I'm all alone

6. Interlude

In a confusing track that splits up the album almost down the middle, Interlude is more a medley of sounds than a song. We hear Bono having a conversation by the beach while dropping names, Larry's motorbike, 1950s TV clips, and more Rattle and Hum interview snippets from Adam.

7. Things Will Be Better If We Let Some Time Pass

Bono patches up a rough spot in the relationship with Ali in this catchy, reggae-inspired song.

8. The Architect

A heartwarming track written and sung by Larry admist waves and waves and waves of reverb, Larry tells the story of how he posted the note at Mt. Temple. Unfortunately, his singing comes out more as a wooshing sound due to all the production, and the track takes on a very surreal feel to it. Careful listening will point out a few loops from Zooropa dropped here and there, and if played backwards the track will play an apology from Larry for the Ticketmaster problems.

9. An Animal And A Belly Dancer

The ninth track is a different take on Noah's Ark, with many elements and references to the ZooTV tour. Mostly though it is a throwaway track, except for a few hangers-on who would give their lives for it.

10. Who Wants To Hang Around?

The main theme track for the upcoming Spiderman VIII film, Who Wants To Hang Around is a deep song comparing slinging webs to campaigning for world poverty relief.

11. Trinity

The closing track is an uplifting song about God.

LMAO!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This is my favorite:-

Canadiens1160 said:

A heartwarming track written and sung by Larry admist waves and waves and waves of reverb, Larry tells the story of how he posted the note at Mt. Temple. Unfortunately, his singing comes out more as a wooshing sound due to all the production, and the track takes on a very surreal feel to it. Careful listening will point out a few loops from Zooropa dropped here and there, and if played backwards the track will play an apology from Larry for the Ticketmaster problems.

Well done! :applaud:

Album art

Album art..?

U2_VenusLoveOctopussy.jpg

Taking note of Larry's strategically placed head, which is kind of funny, but kind of disturbing at the same time...

Lol, I like the sound of it to a certain extent, Slash is on thats definitely a wtf, actually I want something with Slash and Edge would be great:wink:

We can always speculate about what U2 will bring us in the future, here is my prediction:

ATYCLB Part III

U2_Guy said:
We can always speculate about what U2 will bring us in the future, here is my prediction:

ATYCLB Part III

ATYCLB Part III: More developed songcraft, more developed musicianship, more developed whining by U2_Guy. :wink:

Hopefully they'll give you another four years to practice! Wouldn't want to let all of us down, would you?

Axver said:

ATYCLB Part III: More developed songcraft, more developed musicianship, more developed whining by U2_Guy. :wink:

Hopefully they'll give you another four years to practice! Wouldn't want to let all of us down, would you?

Son, i can never let you down: i love TUF and it's the U2 album i listen to the most.

U2_Guy said:

Son, i can never let you down: i love TUF and it's the U2 album i listen to the most.

You've got me there. But when the next album is released, you better not like it because that may let down those people who expect whining and aren't major UF fans! :wink:

Axver said:

You've got me there. But when the next album is released, you better not like it because that may let down those people who expect whining and aren't major UF fans! :wink:

Deal.

The funny part will be when the next album is titled The Unforgettable Fire Is Not Forgotten and you fall madly in love with it.

Axver said:
The funny part will be when the next album is titled The Unforgettable Fire Is Not Forgotten and you fall madly in love with it.

Yeah...i need THE FIRE back!:wink:

LMFAO! Chainsaw would be the Mofo of this album. The Edge will go back to fucking around with his guitar instead of doing a where the streets riff part III. And all will be well again in the world... God, I'm such a geek.

shaun vox said:
u2's next album will be just like their past two albums"atyclb and htdaab" all adult contemporary music for old folks!!!1

It'll probably be titled 'Love Is All You Need To Slow Down Your Aching Heart'. :wink:

the next album should be a live--all acoustic album set in a small venue--ala-grateful dead-reckoning---that would be amazing---do a small intimate tour in small arenas to get back to the raw making of the music--let edge plug in every so often-I'd love to hear some songs done acoustic--(streets, end of the world, I will follow)--maybe I'm nuts but that would be unbelievable

Seriously though, the next album won't be ATYCLB III, because they just needed to get all of that poppy, sappy, adult-contemporary music out with HTDAAB. The next album will be innovative. I promise. And if you don't believe me, let's look at the chart...

Boy / October - Very Similar

War / UF - Very innovative, but also, very similar

JT - In a category by itself (for good reasons)

R&H - In a category by itself (for not-so-good reasons)

AB - The start of a new generation of U2

Zooropa / Pop - The experimental records where everyone thought "U2 WILL BE CRAPPY DANCE MUSIC FOREVER!"

ATYCLB / HTDAAB - The long-titled radio friendly records where everyone thought "U2 WILL BE MAKING ATYCLBs FOREVER!"

The next album / The next album - Different.

Back
Top Bottom