I bet I can....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
indra said:
So Wusscoke :wink: I'm interested in your predictions.

Will I like the next U2 album or hate it?

(and I won't cry, whine, or call for you to be banned -- well...maybe I will call for you to be banned. We haven't had a good banning in quite a while and I do love a good, hell even a not so good, banning. But it won't be personal. :) )

I'll do it for him :hyper:

- While she hasn't been a fan of U2 since 1979, indra will declare for the 127th time that she doesn't have an interest in U2's new album. However, she will still partake in discussions about the album despite not being familiar with any of the material. Indra will also actively post at the tour forums to discuss a tour she has absolutely no interest in attending. References to The Church and their small club shows and how indra hates large crowds are included free of charge.

Queen Bee said:

- While she hasn't been a fan of U2 since 1979, indra will declare for the 127th time that she doesn't have an interest in U2's new album. However, she will still partake in discussions about the album despite not being familiar with any of the material. Indra will also actively post at the tour forums to discuss a tour she has absolutely no interest in attending. References to The Church and their small club shows and how indra hates large crowds are included free of charge.

Hmm...not too bad.

Missed the year though...more like 1990. Can't really remember now. I actually did have an interest in the Bomb album...just not enough to buy it (although I did hold it in my hands at one store once and ponder if I really wanted to spend the money).

Hey, if we were required to have actual knowledge of something to post about it this board would have no posts at all. Besides, it's fun. :wink: I might consider going to a U2 show if I had free enclosed box seating (so I didn't have to deal with the unwashed masses) with complimentary top quality booze, a limo ride to and from the gig, and didn't have anything else going on that night -- so while "absolutely no interest" is close, it doesn't quite hit the mark.

You did hit with the Church -- I can find a way to implement them into any and every conversation (see I just did it here -- and I got Queen Bee to do it also! Nah nah nah! ;) ). They do indeed play small clubs. I do hate large crowds, but well, considering I hate people in general, that's pretty much a given.

And because I'm a generous person my comments will, at least for now, remain free of charge. :)

Last edited:
dietcokeofevil said:
I don't claim to be psychic or anything. It's just a fantasy football type shot in the dark. Just a fan version.

I think it is important to hear something of the album first. If the new album is still similar to HTDAAB, even if it has experimental or new sounds for U2, people like Ponkine will not be happy.

Did I say "not happy"? I meant annoyingly unbearably furious. :wink:

Really, it is time for another AB type of album. Lots of rocking tracks, maybe one or two GOOD slow songs (not "A Man and a Woman" or "One Step Closer", thanks). And toss in more experimental sounds like "Love Is Blindness". If U2 can reproduce that magic again, I think just about everyone will be happy.

I will say, though, a safe prediction is that I will probably like the next album. U2 always seems to be in tune with me musically. I'm sure they'll do it again.

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:

The Church are still together? Really? No wonder they play in small clubs - no one realizes they're still around. It's like Indra and maybe 2 other people watching them, but one of those two other people really just stopped in for drinks at the bar.

:sexywink:

Last edited:
Ooh I have one more...

jacobus will say that the last 2 albums suck and don't have balls and then go on to say that One Step Closer is his favorite song on the Bomb. :huh:

all in jest, mate! :wink:

doctorwho said:

The Church are still together? Really? No wonder they play in small clubs - no one realizes they're still around. It's like Indra and maybe 2 other people watching them, but one of those two other people really just stopped in for drinks at the bar.

:sexywink:

You see the Church made a grave tactical error in the quest for success -- they chose to make music for intelligent people. Unfortunately, that doesn't doesn't translate to massive album sales or sold out stadiums.

It also explains why I'm a fan of theirs.

:wink: :D

Thanks for your condescending attitude towards U2 fans.

Maybe you should check the address bar every once and a while and realize exactly which forum you are on.

Axver said:
Axver the Not-a-wuss comes forth!

The Axver of the Blue Crack Addict doth predict:

- shaun vox will consider the new album adult contemporary, even if it is a metal/polka hybrid.
- Headache in a Suitcase will ridicule every critic as being a pathetic whiner.
- Chizip will make witty one-liners about how much the lead single sucks, but he secretly will sing it in the shower all the time.
- dietcokeofevil will be not good enough at being good and say he likes it, but too much of a wuss to say he actually is thoroughly disappointed.
- ponkine will call U2 sellouts after looking at the cover and not actually bother to listen to the album.
- Zootlesque will go on about how much U2 disappoints him nowadays and then make multiple threads about the greatness of specific songs off the new album.
- Axver will endlessly negatively compare the album to prog rock/metal bands even though he actually quite enjoys the album and openly admits that fact.

There, now we have some predictions for everyone to enjoy. Happy now? :wink:

F**king brilliant. :happy:

PlaTheGreat said:
Thanks for your condescending attitude towards U2 fans.

Maybe you should check the address bar every once and a while and realize exactly which forum you are on.

It was a joke dearie. I thought you were big on jokes, but I guess it went right over your head. :rolleyes:

:corn:

I bet I can predict with 90% accuracy that in the near future a mod is gonna come in and lock this thread, calling it inappropriate!

Axver said:
Axver the Not-a-wuss comes forth!

The Axver of the Blue Crack Addict doth predict:

- shaun vox will consider the new album adult contemporary, even if it is a metal/polka hybrid.
- Headache in a Suitcase will ridicule every critic as being a pathetic whiner.
- Chizip will make witty one-liners about how much the lead single sucks, but he secretly will sing it in the shower all the time.
- dietcokeofevil will be not good enough at being good and say he likes it, but too much of a wuss to say he actually is thoroughly disappointed.
- ponkine will call U2 sellouts after looking at the cover and not actually bother to listen to the album.
- Zootlesque will go on about how much U2 disappoints him nowadays and then make multiple threads about the greatness of specific songs off the new album.
- Axver will endlessly negatively compare the album to prog rock/metal bands even though he actually quite enjoys the album and openly admits that fact.

There, now we have some predictions for everyone to enjoy. Happy now? :wink:

Accurate as can be. Although I will add:

Phillyfan will think that it's pretty good, and will like just over half of the album, just like pretty much every other album (fuckin' deuche with no creative opinions).
TPSreports will use this :confused: about 70346 times over the course of the album hype.

I will adore the album regardless of quality. :drool:

Ponkine will need intrusive surgery done in his cranial area after too many :banghead: smilies.

In the year 2034, people will still be comparing ATYCLB and HTDAAB, and there will be no final answer. Pop will still be underrated and called a "lost masterpiece", though, after much investigation, it will be found that 67.8% of all threads on Interference will be about Pop.

Passengers will be re-released and sell 56 million copies, with "Always Forever Now" overshadowing One as most listened to song on people's i-Droids while on flying segways.

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:
I will adore the album regardless of quality. :drool:

Ponkine will need intrusive surgery done in his cranial area after too many :banghead: smilies.

In the year 2034, people will still be comparing ATYCLB and HTDAAB, and there will be no final answer. Pop will still be underrated and called a "lost masterpiece", though, after much investigation, it will be found that 67.8% of all threads on Interference will be about Pop.

Passengers will be re-released and sell 56 million copies, with "Always Forever Now" overshadowing One as most listened to song on people's i-Droids while on flying segways.

:eyebrow: <----------- really means :lmao: but I couldn't resist!

I predict we will get plenty of "Bano can't sing!!111!!" and "it's clear my friends" :sad:

Back
Top Bottom