I ask any boy here whos been to a U2 concert......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
seriously........have any of you come home after a concert and through emotion, cried?

frown.gif

*re-edit to explain

Im asking the lads this question cause I know about girlie emotions which is obvious, but I also know men hold back, therefore was curious if U2 have broken those tears out, from a concert????

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 04-23-2002).]

mmmm, no
I couldn't stop smiling for days though

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I cried after I had realized how much I spent on merchandise...but seriously, I've gotten very emotional and have been brought to tears during all their show I've had the privelege of attending, particularly during 'Bad' or 'Street'...

But usually after the show I'm filled with this overwhelming, incredible sense of adreneline and completeness at the awesome fact that I had just spent two hours with the band I've loved for so many years...definetely an emotional high I stay on for about a week.

Chris

sorry, didn't see that you said "boy"

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 04-23-2002).]

No, after coming home from a concert, I'm often a bit wired and have trouble falling asleep(which sucks on those weeknight concerts), but haven't ever cried. I get an uplifting feeling from a good concert, and it certainly wouldn't make me cry.

No. I was filled with positive energy when I left the heart. The second concert, I was too busy waiting in the parking lot.

no, but after staying up all night (32 hours straight) and waiting in line for 15 hours ( Hamilton ) and then rushing to the stage, I was pretty giddy!!!! Although, I was EXTREMELY PISSED OFF after being in line for that long ( from 3am on ) and seeing all the selfish idiots cut the line. I swear about 150 people must of budded in line. Man, even writting about it makes me mad. What a bunch of dicks!!!

mike in toronto
Go Leafs GO!!!

Originally posted by Hewson:
No, after coming home from a concert, I'm often a bit wired and have trouble falling asleep(which sucks on those weeknight concerts), but haven't ever cried. I get an uplifting feeling from a good concert, and it certainly wouldn't make me cry.

I hear you there. When I went to the 3 shows in Boston, I had to take a sleeping pill when I got home for the last 2 shows cause there's no way I could get to sleep after all the excitement. The first nite, I got home around 1 am and didn't get to to sleep till around 4. Kept playing the concert over and over again in my head. As far as crying, no, very emotional at the concert but no tears.

I welled up and came REAL close to crying at least 5 times during the first Slane concert 8/25/01. It was just too much to handle.

We flew in from the USA that morning - hadn't slept for a while - the long wait at the tip of the heart all day and evening - hunger and thirst and exhaustion - and the overwhelming emotion of that particular show. There were lots of guys crying during the Homecoming-Kite sequence and also during the final encore.

Bono's crying half the show didn't help either.

Never cried but the MLK tribute to Princess Diana during Popmart was very emotional.The whole stadium was eerily silent and bono just gazed up at the screens which showed the picture of her and sang the words.Im not a great royalist personally but you couldn't help but be moved by it.
Also i was at the first concert that Bono had mentioned the situation with his father to a crowd.Very moving also.

Cheers.
Henke.

My eyes got watery in Philly 11/2 at the part where Bad finishes, the audience sings 40, and then Where The Streets Have No Name starts up. That part of the show was just amazing.

i wne tot a number of shows during the elevation tour. i felt like i was going to during kite but never did. i was only smiling and in the best mood for days after, then notre dame. i dont think you could help but not with it being a month after 9/11 , and the nypd and new your fire dept., comming out on stage during walk on, with everyone chanting usa usa usa. great moment. you couldnt help but be just a little bit teary eyed.

I can be honest and say that there were tears were welling up in my eyes at the three post 9/11 shows I went to each time One was played. Especially when the name of my roommate's three friends scrolled on the screen.

As well I was at tampa and when they played Kite followed by my sweet lord I thought that was pretty emotional.

Yeah I did and still do.

I was at possibly 2 of the most emotional shows last year in London 21 and Slane 1. Kite was amazing and had me in tears on both occasions as did With Or Without You. When I watch the DVD to this day, the start of Streets and With Or Without You has me a little emotional.

PS - I didnt really even talk after London 21, I just sat in silence for about 2 hours!!

------------------
20 to 40!!!!!!!!!!!

At the Phoenix show, Elevation 1st leg, my husband (who btw most people think is a deadringer for Bono), was sobbing!!My son asked him why and he said..."Because I see a man on stage singing his HEART out!!!"

I took 6 different friends with me to see U2 on the Elevation Tour and a now ex-girlfriend to 4 shows. All were very emotional in different ways, but the Boston 4 show was so moving that night. Hearing "Bad" during just totally made me break down and cry. Recovering from a divorce is probably the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with and the words of that song just seemed so truthful that night to me for some reason.

------------------
I hit an iceberg in my life
You know I'm still afloat
You lose your balance, lose your wife
In the queue for the lifeboat

--New York

No I have not actually cried at a u2 concert. I have been very deeply moved, but never to tears.

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 04-23-2002).]

Did I cry at a U2 concert? Well, from the 15 u2 concerts that I have attended since 1987, it was the second concert I went to (in Edinburgh 1987) during New Year's Day that I cried with happiness cos of oh so many reasons which I cant explain in words here.

Fast forward through to 1997 on PopMart again in Edinburgh when I simply broke down in tears when MLK came up in tribute to Princess Diana. That was very moving.....Same with Bono's tribute to his late father last year at Slane 1 which was incredibly brave of Bono to do and also very emotional for all of us who were there!

dougal

Twice:
Minneapolis - Ihave never been that close, so I cried like a little girl

Las Vegas - watching the names scroll, and seeing one of the names of a person on flight 93 - I know his sisters.

The 3 Elevation gigs I went to were in the week before and after Bono's dad died, right up the front, lookin right into his eyes while he was cryin and singin definitely pushed a few tears out, and One at Slane and Slane2 did the job too

Originally posted by ericb:
My eyes got watery in Philly 11/2 at the part where Bad finishes, the audience sings 40, and then Where The Streets Have No Name starts up. That part of the show was just amazing.

oh my gosh yes.. that Philly sequence, I've *never* heard him hold that note for so long.. SO long! Purely amazing.

Back
Top Bottom