I am really enjoying not listening to the album....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kawai17

The Fly
I dont know, I am hearing so many great things about these songs that I am almost enjoying not listening to them and just letting the anticipation overflow in my head. (I've heard only Vertigo and TOTPs/Apple tunes) It's like the whole anticipation thing is much better than the thing itself.

Anyone else enjoying the suspense?

i don't know if you want to build the anticipation up too much... you know, you might be disappointed when you finally hear it. :wink:

I'm there too, but only because I'm out of town. I'll wait for the "official" stream on Nov. 16 when I come back.

I just build all my anticipation for the leak! If you anticipate the leak, you still get the feeling of anticipation! (we have all been anticipating this thing for years!), the only difference is it adds the element of surprise of not knowing WHEN it will happen.

This is the digital age, "new media is the big idea". While it is nice to remember the "old days" when we waited for the release day and bought it in the shops, this is now the modern equivelent to that. All the same emotions are involved with these two experiences, only the form of media has changed. I don't personally want to get stuck in the frame of mind that there is only one right way to do things and any new way is inferior.

Now the moral issue of copyrights and such is a total different argument. I am just saying that having the "classic" new album experience is not necessary. Downloading leaked songs can be just as satisfying if done properly.

Abstinence makes the 1st time very worthwhile.
I least that's what ppl tell me.:wink:

It took a few listens for many of the songs to agree with me, but the patience was worth it. :)

kawai17 said:
I dont know, I am hearing so many great things about these songs that I am almost enjoying not listening to them and just letting the anticipation overflow in my head. (I've heard only Vertigo and TOTPs/Apple tunes) It's like the whole anticipation thing is much better than the thing itself.

Anyone else enjoying the suspense?

Don't worry your not by yourself. I'm holding out till I have the official CD in my hands. Its hard as hell but thats half the fun. And I know I won't be dissapointed, the boys haven't let me down yet. So hang in there.:applaud:

I refuse to listen to the leak as well. I just got my 3 Vertigo singles today and am very pleased I didn't download AYGWF when that leaked.

ok so i decided i would only listen to the songs i have heard versions of before... just listeneed to OOTS. man is that a million times better than the piano version at the ipod thing!

ok...im going to sit on my hands and continue to wait....

You must listen to it NOW.....share the passion while it last. When you'll be ready to talk about it it'll be dead...

I think its sad if you dont listen to it.

To

Back
Top Bottom